Messed over by a Virus

JLCitadel

Virus closes out or denies access to any anti-virus program / software I try to use or load. I cannot change my windows password either and it keeps saying it's incorrect. If I do a fresh install of Windows 7 will I still be able to upgrade it to windows 10?

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes you can upgrade a fresh install to windows 10 again as long as you activate windows 7 first

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I guess you can. But you have no choice anyway. You have a realy bad Motherfucker on Board.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Virus closes out or denies access to any anti-virus program / software I try to use or load. I cannot change my windows password either and it keeps saying it's incorrect. If I do a fresh install of Windows 7 will I still be able to upgrade it to windows 10?

You could always pull the drive out and stick it in another PC or a enclosure to do a virus sweep of the drive.

Hey now... when will you be back full time by the way?...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

should do a virus scan with the kaspersky rescue disc/usb

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Best. title. ever. Did you click the big green download button, or download justin_beiber.exe to get infected?

The easiest way to fix this is just going to be a fresh install. You could try and chase infected system files and remove them manually, but at the end of the day that's going to be a painful process and there are no guarantees you'll get them all. 

Best. title. ever. Did you click the big green download button, or download justin_beiber.exe?

The easiest way to fix this is just going to be a fresh install. You could try and chase infected system files and remove them manually, but at the end of the day that's going to be a painful process and there are no guarantees you'll get them all. 

A Virus that disables Protection Tools is a serious Threat. A clean install and deep scan of all installed HDD´s is the only way to deal with it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

yes you can upgrade a fresh install to windows 10 again as long as you activate windows 7 first

You could always pull the drive out and stick it in another PC or a enclosure to do a virus sweep of the drive.

Hey now... when will you be back full time by the way?...

should do a virus scan with the kaspersky rescue disc/usb

Best. title. ever. Did you click the big green download button, or download justin_beiber.exe to get infected?

A Virus that disables Protection Tools is a serious Threat. A clean install and deep scan of all installed HDD´s is the only way to deal with it.

Already wiped my SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 7 off the disc and downloaded my network adaptor driver and instealled it via usb from another pc. Windows 10 is now asking me for a Key? I tried entering my windows 7 one, did not work. Trying a fresh windows 10 installer again incase it was a bug. Anyone have suggestions? I'd like to get back to using Win 10 and Chrome. Fuck Explorer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Already wiped my SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 7 off the disc and downloaded my network adaptor driver and instealled it via usb from another pc. Windows 10 is now asking me for a Key? I tried entering my windows 7 one, did not work. Trying a fresh windows 10 installer again incase it was a bug. Anyone have suggestions? I'd like to get back to using Win 10 and Chrome. Fuck Explorer.

You need to upgrade your installation from 7 to 10, and then login with a Microsoft account before you can do a fresh install of 10 so that Microsoft can transfer your key. 

Give Microsoft support a call, or use their online help center. 

You need to upgrade your installation from 7 to 10, and then login with a Microsoft account before you can do a fresh install of 10 so that Microsoft can transfer your key. 

Give Microsoft support a call, or use their online help center. 

Do you know how I can upgrade it? I go to their website and it just tells me to download free, I do, it downloads the files, it "checks for updates" then gets into a loop, i need to cmd pause it, and start it to get it to continue, then asks for product key? Do I need to do all the regular windows 7 updates or something to get prompted?

Do you know how I can upgrade it? I go to their website and it just tells me to download free, I do, it downloads the files, it "checks for updates" then gets into a loop, i need to cmd pause it, and start it to get it to continue, then asks for product key? Do I need to do all the regular windows 7 updates or something to get prompted?

Microsoft Support. 

install win 7

upgrade to 10 with the win 10 tool

once you are in windows 10 desktop..it should show activated

once you do that...then you can delete everything off it and do a clean install of 10

also you don't need to login to a ms account for the activation to work

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Go there and follow the instructions for upgrading via a flash drive; Download the iso and create a bootable USB drive using PowerISO or whatever you like.

BEFORE you upgrade, install Win 7 and Activate by going into My Computer > System Properties > Windows Activation.

After you install/activate Win 7 use the upgrade tool to upgrade to 10, you arent going to want to format and install Win10, if you do this its going to want a Windows 10 product key and it wont accept a Windows 7 key. 

The windows 10 upgrade is notorious for hanging up. Disconnect all hard drives (after your formatted them) and leave only the drive you are going to install your OS to connected. Also disconnect your optical drive, if you have one, and your graphics card. Less points of failure. Dont be surprised if this upgrade process takes several hours..... sadly its not uncommon.

To recap:  Format the drives and install 7, activate, run windows updates, use upgrade tool from the flash drive you created.

And Ill throw it out there a second time. Run Malwarebytes, CCleaner, ComboFix and whatever other virus removal utilities you like from Safe Mode. If you were trying to run virus scans on an infected PC without booting into safe mode you're probably gonna have a bad time if its a potent virus. You may be able to safe yourself alot of work if the antivirus software is able to run properly. Also, run only one scan/program at a time... they tend to fight each other if you run them simultaneously.

Good luck

EDIT:

Get all your antivirus tools from here btw http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/

Edited by GhostRiot

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Go there and follow the instructions for upgrading via a flash drive; Download the iso and create a bootable USB drive using PowerISO or whatever you like.

BEFORE you upgrade, install Win 7 and Activate by going into My Computer > System Properties > Windows Activation.

After you install/activate Win 7 use the upgrade tool to upgrade to 10, you arent going to want to format and install Win10, if you do this its going to want a Windows 10 product key and it wont accept a Windows 7 key. 

The windows 10 upgrade is notorious for hanging up. Disconnect all hard drives (after your formatted them) and leave only the drive you are going to install your OS to connected. Also disconnect your optical drive, if you have one, and your graphics card. Less points of failure. Dont be surprised if this upgrade process takes several hours..... sadly its not uncommon.

To recap:  Format the drives and install 7, activate, run windows updates, use upgrade tool from the flash drive you created.

And Ill throw it out there a second time. Run Malwarebytes, CCleaner, ComboFix and whatever other virus removal utilities you like from Safe Mode. If you were trying to run virus scans on an infected PC without booting into safe mode you're probably gonna have a bad time if its a potent virus. You may be able to safe yourself alot of work if the antivirus software is able to run properly. Also, run only one scan/program at a time... they tend to fight each other if you run them simultaneously.

Good luck

EDIT:

Get all your antivirus tools from here btw http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/

The issue was "Activate" and "Run windows updates" I had it figured out a while ago, got it all set up. Thank you though. & I'll make sure to use that link.