Help a beginner.

j1818

Now that I have learned some basics about python I want to do something. I got into python because It's supposed to be good to begin with and can be used in 2d games ( I like both visual novels and 2d rpgs), but I don't know how to start or what do I need to use.

I just wanted to do something small to test what I learned and give me an ideia of what to do next. But , as I said, I don't really know where to begin, what do I need and basics things like that.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you. 

Since you said you got into Python because of its application to games, go look into the PyGame library if you don't already know about it--it's designed for making games and other interactive stuff.  Maybe also Numpy and Scipy, since those libraries are designed for high-performance numeric and scientific computations, and might be useful if you need to crunch a lot of numbers as the user does something in a game.

This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I've always found that computing challenges/contest questions are good for you to find where your weak spots are in coding. If this sounds interesting then I would recommend you check out past Canadian Computing Competitions (specifically the junior contest) and do their questions. For reference, question 1 should be solvable for most people with little programming experience and question 5 should be difficult to solve.

https://cemc.math.uwaterloo.ca/contests/past_contests.html#ccc

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Since you said you got into Python because of its application to games, go look into the PyGame library if you don't already know about it--it's designed for making games and other interactive stuff.  Maybe also Numpy and Scipy, since those libraries are designed for high-performance numeric and scientific computations, and might be useful if you need to crunch a lot of numbers as the user does something in a game.

Thank you! No, I dind't know anything about it. I'll check it out and try to see what I can do.

This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I've always found that computing challenges/contest questions are good for you to find where your weak spots are in coding. If this sounds interesting then I would recommend you check out past Canadian Computing Competitions (specifically the junior contest) and do their questions. For reference, question 1 should be solvable for most people with little programming experience and question 5 should be difficult to solve.

https://cemc.math.uwaterloo.ca/contests/past_contests.html#ccc

I'm going to look at it and see if it helps me improve. Thank you.