Urget, please help! Internet password?

Okay, so there is a cable coming out of the wall.

Directly plugging it into a pc, gives internet access..

When i add a router, the router has wifi.

i know the wifi password, i type it it, i get access. I can get into the router settings etc.

But when i try to go online, the internet asks for a login.

Customer number and password.

Anyone know how to bypass this? - or where i could find the "password" that they have written down initially?

all ipv4 settings are set to get automatically. Nothing seems pre-defined :/

So directly plugging in cable- > internet.

Plugging into router, then cable from router -->asks for password and login info on a browser page.

It seems the cable is behind a router already. following standardgateway leads to the page, where it asks for password.

2iicsbm.png

2w7nvwg.png

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Is it your router or someone elses? "a cable coming out of the wall" just want to make sure..

Go to your CMD (Command Prompt) and type in ipconfig

Look for default gateway and copy that into your address bar on whatever internet browser you use.

Username should be "admin" and password should be "password"

Intel i7-4790 | Gigabyte z97x G7 | MSI 980TI | G.Skill Ripjaw Sniper 32GB 2400Mhz | Segate 2TB SSHD/Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

try a different router that has an auto mode for internet or first plug it into a switch 

It looks as if your wall connection goes back to some Coms room with its own Router, Id suggest finding who takes care of that and ask them but perhaps you're not allowed to use your own equipment?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

It looks as if your wall connection goes back to some Coms room with its own Router, Id suggest finding who takes care of that and ask them but perhaps you're not allowed to use your own equipment?

It's an antenna community which I pay.

Yes I should ask them, but this is my girlfriends sisters PC, and I'm kind of leaving today. So I'd like to get this done before I leave.

They're closed for the day, and probably until after new year maybe.

Just wondering why plugging the same cable into the pc goes with no problems :o..

-- To the rest of you, yes it is completely legal, I paid for it.

I'm just plugging the cable i get from the supplier into my router, to get wifi instead of cable network...

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Go to your CMD (Command Prompt) and type in ipconfig

Look for default gateway and copy that into your address bar on whatever internet browser you use.

Username should be "admin" and password should be "password"

when I do that, i get to the page on picture #2, which asks for a customer number, and password.

But strangely I don't need to do that when I have the cable plugged into my pc directly???

Is it your router or someone elses? "a cable coming out of the wall" just want to make sure..

Mine... My router, a cable supplied from internet supplier. - Appartment building.

Just trying to turn it into wifi.

try a different router that has an auto mode for internet or first plug it into a switch 

Only have this currently. IT does have auto-mode.

Detects dynamic/static ip etc by itself.

But I get prompted to the login screen, instead of internet access. - Only when using the router. Directly plugging into the pc, gives clean access..

That's how I'm writting to you right now,

when I do that, i get to the page on picture #2, which asks for a customer number, and password.

But strangely I don't need to do that when I have the cable plugged into my pc directly???

Strange.... Do you still have a connection with the cable plugged in??? Are you sure it's not a telephone wall cable??? (I have made that mistake before :P )

Intel i7-4790 | Gigabyte z97x G7 | MSI 980TI | G.Skill Ripjaw Sniper 32GB 2400Mhz | Segate 2TB SSHD/Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Strange.... Do you still have a connection with the cable plugged in??? Are you sure it's not a telephone wall cable??? (I have made that mistake before :P )

I don't plug it out of the wall.

It says DATA. Beside it it says TELE. So pretty sure.

From DATA plug, network cable runs to my PC ->Internet.

DATA plug, network cable runs into router-input -> then another network cable from router to PC -> Prompt to login screen...

WTF!!! I don't get why :( - They don't know anything about logging in anywhere. Which makes sense, cause both their desktop and laptop work, with directly connecting with cable.

Just need to setup wifi. :(

how do you make that mistake? the plugs are different lol

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I'm probably autistic :P

Is there a way to somehow make the router "act" as the pc? xD

I just dno why there is a difference, if you plug it into a pc or a router....

I can try and add it as static. But What do I put in as DNS info ?

I guess no choice. I told them to call customer support for The password tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help anyway guys.

A couple things:

FIRST, for god's sake, edit out your WAN IP Address from that IPCONFIG screenshot. Are you asking to get DDoS'd? :P Posting your WAN IP Address is not a very good thing to do. Odds are, nothing will happen, but why take the chance?

Second: Have you tried going into the Router and disabling NAT, dhcp, etc, and using the router as a "dumb switch with WIFI"? What model of Router are you using?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Phone cords will fit into an RJ-45 ethernet jack. The ethernet jack is specifically designed to accept both RJ-11 (phone cable) and RJ-45 plugs.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The ISP probably uses a MAC address based login system (I work for an ISP that only serves apartment complexes, and I know ours and most of our competitors are this way). So when the desktop computer is connected to the wall directly, it's seen as being logged in. When you instead connect the router, it's MAC is seen as not logged in. So there is two solutions:

A - the proper way - find iut what the login information for the account is.

B - the improper way - find in the router's admin page where you can clone the MAC from a computer. Almost every consumer router has feature this somewhere. Once you clone the computer's MAC to the router, the ISP can't see any difference between the two devices. But if my employer was your ISP (we are not) and we found out you had cloned the computer's MAC to the router, your account would be suspended, with basically no recourse. But we would really have no way of finding out that you had done that.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

A couple things:

FIRST, for god's sake, edit out your WAN IP Address from that IPCONFIG screenshot. Are you asking to get DDoS'd? :P Posting your WAN IP Address is not a very good thing to do. Odds are, nothing will happen, but why take the chance?

Second: Have you tried going into the Router and disabling NAT, dhcp, etc, and using the router as a "dumb switch with WIFI"? What model of Router are you using?

Omg Why couldnt luck make you post sooner ?

I didn't think people would ddos... Not here.

I don't remember the router model or brand, but its pretty new. 300 mbit regular router. Wish id played with more..

I asked them to call for login today.

The ISP probably uses a MAC address based login system (I work for an ISP that only serves apartment complexes, and I know ours and most of our competitors are this way). So when the desktop computer is connected to the wall directly, it's seen as being logged in. When you instead connect the router, it's MAC is seen as not logged in. So there is two solutions:

A - the proper way - find iut what the login information for the account is.

B - the improper way - find in the router's admin page where you can clone the MAC from a computer. Almost every consumer router has feature this somewhere. Once you clone the computer's MAC to the router, the ISP can't see any difference between the two devices. But if my employer was your ISP (we are not) and we found out you had cloned the computer's MAC to the router, your account would be suspended, with basically no recourse. But we would really have no way of finding out that you had done that.

See this I didn't know at all. :( no clue How to do that in router settings either.

I could change the ip, which I tried, so that The router had the one that was given to the pc automatically. (static instead of dynamic). Didnt work.

Didn't get to work with mac address.

wish you'd been Here sooner xD already left.

Well they'll hopefully get the login, and get net. The rest should be setup pretty well.

-snip-

I didn't think people would ddos... Not here.

-snip-

Hey man, your choice to take the chance.

LTT forum users probably won't DDOS you, but LTT forums is a searchable website on the Internet. Random passersby looking for IP Addresses to go after could well come across your post by happenstance.

I'm just saying. It's stupid to take that chance, especially if it's not even your internet, but your girlfriends. Just edit the picture in MS Paint or Photoshop and but a black rectangle overtop the IP Address, and re-upload the picture. It'll take like 5 minutes tops.

Anyway, I hope they were able to get logged in. Let us know how it turns out.