Headphones that will wow me?

spwath

Doing some more research,i may want to try the mad dogs. They have a 15 day return policy with 10% restocking fee if i don't like them.

But i don't have the money yet/need to pay money for my keyboard

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Doing some more research,i may want to try the mad dogs. They have a 15 day return policy with 10% restocking fee if i don't like them.

But i don't have the money yet/need to pay money for my keyboard

Yeah. I think used is a good way to go, unless you're wanting new for that return policy. If you want to, you can always sell a used pair for pretty much exactly what you bought it for.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Yeah. I think used is a good way to go, unless you're wanting new for that return policy. If you want to, you can always sell a used pair for pretty much exactly what you bought it for.

Yeah, i do want to be able to have an out if i don't look them, be it return or resell.

Don't want to lose 300$.

But first i have to build my keyboard.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ill keep an eye out on the trading subforums of superbestaudiofriends and headfi. See if I can find any good deals.

Ill keep an eye out on the trading subforums of superbestaudiofriends and headfi. See if I can find any good deals.

SuperBAF!

SuperBAF!

I should really make an account there....

@spwath, you figured out everything you want to do for your board? I've just put some white LEDs on my wasd section and I like the look so much I may just switch all the LEDs over to white....

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I should really make an account there....

@spwath, you figured out everything you want to do for your board? I've just put some white LEDs on my wasd section and I like the look so much I may just switch all the LEDs over to white....

Mostly, i may want to do leds, how much work is that?

My switches already have red leds

Just buy the HD 600, the golden standard. Oldie but goodie.

An option, but i would rather have something more... Exotic.

I might try the mad dogs/alpha dogs, thinking more, closed will be nice for college,i should think ahead for a 300$ purchase.

I might try the mad dogs/alpha dogs, thinking more, closed will be nice for college,i should think ahead for a 300$ purchase.

Or get the HD600 and a toob amp. Tres exotique!

Can't tell if you are serious or not, if so, that ends up being a costly endeavor. I don't want to add something that i will keep spending money on :)

Can't tell if you are serious or not, if so, that ends up being a costly endeavor. I don't want to add something that i will keep spending money on :)

:D

I'm not sure why you were so quick to dismiss the PM-3s. They look fantastic, sound great, and are arguably the most portable planar magnetic headphones you are going to find. :-)

I'm not sure why you were so quick to dismiss the PM-3s. They look fantastic, sound great, and are arguably the most portable planar magnetic headphones you are going to find. :-)

Make a case for them. What do you think specifically about them would "wow" someone. Lot's of headphones out there sound "great".

Modded Bottlehead Crack, to be specific!!!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Make a case for them. What do you think specifically about them would "wow" someone. Lot's of headphones out there sound "great".

The bass is nice and punchy, but it's never too much. The mids are smooth, and forward, but not in your face. Treble is nice and chill, so it's not going to cause fatigue over long listening sessions. 

They aren't the best for the price, unless you're factoring in looks and portability, and the advantages of the fact that they are planar, in that form factor. Since Spwath cares about none of that, they aren't really the best choice.

If you're looking for all of the above though, they will definitely 'wow' just about anyone.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

The bass is nice and punchy, but it's never too much. The mids are smooth, and forward, but not in your face. Treble is nice and chill, so it's not going to cause fatigue over long listening sessions. 

They aren't the best for the price, unless you're factoring in looks and portability, and the advantages of the fact that they are planar, in that form factor. Since Spwath cares about none of that, they aren't really the best choice.

If you're looking for all of the above though, they will definitely 'wow' just about anyone.

Thanks for that. I'm on the train, and was getting quite frustrated in typing up an appropriate response.

I have not necicarilly dismissed them yet. They are a bit more $$ though

I was going to bring up the Alpha Dogs as well. Super awesome closed cans.

Didn't get to try alpha dogs but alpha prime is dem good. I prefer alpha prime over LCD-2. It's crazy how they managed to mod a $150-200 headphone, put $900 price tag on it and it sounds like a sub $1000 headphone

Didn't get to try alpha dogs but alpha prime is dem good. I prefer alpha prime over LCD-2. It's crazy how they managed to mod a $150-200 headphone, put $900 price tag on it and it sounds like a sub $1000 headphone

sub is under, so you said under 1000$.

But yeah, I see your point, it is pretty crazy how that can be done. The base headphones are only 120$ on amazon.

Ill keep an eye out for any good deals on mad dogs or alpha dogs, see if i can find something good.