Seasonic, Corsair or Evga?

Bcerka
Go to solution Solved by Sakkura,

Ehm Corsair does actually make good PSU's, RMi for example.

The AXi is (even) better than the RMi. AXi is their top of the line power supply, priced accordingly.

Anyway, @Bcerka those are all extremely high-quality power supplies. You can pick any you like based on pricing, looks, features (Corsair Link in the AXi for example) or whatever.

For some reason i really like Corsair it fits my red and black design and Corsair link seems to be cool but people say they are not reliable. What would be best option from these, or you can add your own post-198508-0-26680800-1450745055_thumb.

Supernova P2. Might as well upgrade for 6 pounds more.

The Corsair AX860i is made by Flextronics and it's one of the damn best PSUs out there.

The EVGA Supernova G2 and P2 are both built on Super Flower's Leadex platform, but the P2 is 80+ Platinum certified.

The Seasonic is... well... a Seasonic.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

The G2 is definitely the best value and I think it has red cables

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

SuperNova P2 all the way. It has 90% efficiency at all loads. 

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

the evga p2==super flower leadex platinum, and gets my vote

The site has changed....

The AX860i is the best PSU in that mix, but if you're after value for money the others offer a better proposition in my opinion. 

All three brands produce superb PSUs, with EVGA and Corsair being my pick of the two but Seasonic are a very reliable brand who manufacture PSUs for a lot of medical equipment. 

the evga p2==super flower leadex platinum, and gets my vote

True, but because it's very good value as well as being top qual. :P

For some reason i really like Corsair it fits my red and black design and Corsair link seems to be cool but people say they are not reliable. What would be best option from these, or you can add your own attachicon.gifpowersupply.PNG

The ax psus are very good.

The cx psus are the ones to avoid.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

The AXi is (even) better than the RMi. AXi is their top of the line power supply, priced accordingly.

Anyway, @Bcerka those are all extremely high-quality power supplies. You can pick any you like based on pricing, looks, features (Corsair Link in the AXi for example) or whatever.

The ax psus are very good.

The cx psus are the ones to avoid.

Even the CX series fall into the 'acceptable'  range. (but not in the 'good' range)

Yeah but just saying, CWT did a great job with the RMi.

True, but because it's very good value as well as being top qual. :P

well said, but also i would like to know what series the other evga psu is.

if it is an EVGA PS, it is as good and even cheaper (GS/PS oem is seasonic)

@Bcerka

edit. it is a g2,a very good one, but better get the p2

The site has changed....

Even the CX series fall into the 'acceptable'  range. (but not in the 'good' range)

yeah , they are still good decent power supplies

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

its not that cx is bad, its that theres much better for the same amount of money.

-- 

and that people tend to use hardware for things it's not designed ot do. (cx is advertised for basic builds, its like that for a reason.)

its not that cx is bad, its that theres much better for the same amount of money.

-- 

and that people tend to use hardware for things it's not designed ot do. (cx is advertised for basic builds, its like that for a reason.)

Yes, that's what I mean. (though I did use a CX for this computer and everything was fine)

Yes, that's what I mean. (though I did use a CX for this computer and everything was fine)

being in a cold climate may be a bit of a boost here as well, i heard the biggest issue with the cx is heat related.

being in a cold climate may be a bit of a boost here as well, i heard the biggest issue with the cx is heat related.

True, but then our computers sit in room temps I assume, so wouldn't matter too much.

True, but then our computers sit in room temps I assume, so wouldn't matter too much.

TL;DR cuz I don't wanna make this another derailed CX thread - 30 degrees Celsius temperature tolerance is very low and most PCs will easily achieve that during the summer, year round even if you live in Arizona or Abu Dhabi or something along those lines.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

For some reason i really like Corsair it fits my red and black design and Corsair link seems to be cool but people say they are not reliable. What would be best option from these, or you can add your own attachicon.gifpowersupply.PNG

The G2 is more than enough already, so just save yourself the money and get that.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

TL;DR cuz I don't wanna make this another derailed CX thread - 30 degrees Celsius temperature tolerance is very low and most PCs will easily achieve that during the summer, year round even if you live in Arizona or Abu Dhabi or something along those lines.

I heard this many times but how come mine never shut down? Can't wrap my head around it.

I heard this many times but how come mine never shut down? Can't wrap my head around it.

Because you probably didn't get it hot enough. Also, which CX do you have and when did you buy it?

Because you probably didn't get it hot enough. Also, which CX do you have and when did you buy it?

600, probably november last year. But a 290 should get it hot enough right? I even OCed it, and my CPU and RAM too.

Not only that, have a friend with the same system (but haswell i5, also OCed with all those things)

600, probably november last year. But a 290 should get it hot enough right? I even OCed it, and my CPU and RAM too.

Was it a CX600M? Cuz they're different. And yes, a 290 should get it hot enough but, as I like to say, just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean that it's not the norm elsewhere.