Can't Upgrade to Windows 10 -- Tried Everything!

InfernalSurge

Hi, it seems that my PC just doesn't want to upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1 no matter what I try And I've tried EVERYTHING from forum posts. This is ridiculous. I just got this error message after upgrading from a USB stick that says "Something happened. Windows 10 installation has failed." What the ***?! Here's a screenshot: http://imgur.com/AkSnSvc

I'm out of ideas. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You could do a factory restore then try again. Back up your tingis first btw.

Also, look in event logs for suspicious activity.

Create the stick using the tool, boot the PC from the stick, don't just run the setup.exe from windows and go from there.

You could do a factory restore then try again. Back up your tingis first btw.

Also, look in event logs for suspicious activity.

If nothing else works, I guess I will have to clean install :(

Create the stick using the tool, boot the PC from the stick, don't just run the setup.exe from windows and go from there.

I did download it onto my USB using the tool. Am I supposed to boot from the USB or use the setup.exe inside Windows? 

I did download it onto my USB using the tool. Am I supposed to boot from the USB or use the setup.exe inside Windows? 

Boot.

your gonna have to do a clean install of 8.1

then upgrade to 10

then do a clean install of 10

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Alright, I'll try that right now. 

STOP!..THAT WON'T ALLOW YOU TO UPGRADE

STOP!..THAT WON'T ALLOW YOU TO UPGRADE

Sorry, didn't read your post. Lol you're right. I get this message: "Compatibility report The computer started using the Windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. Them, insert the installtion media and restart the upgrade. 

I'd prefer not to clean install :C Are there any other options? Btw, the reason I want to upgrade so bad is because Windows 8.1 has some serious ******* WiFi issues. My connection keeps dropping and is really slow, not to mention my whole damn PC freezes when I load certain webpages. What a pos. It's not an issue with my wireless adapter, I've just picked up a new one (TP-Link WDN 4800). My old ASUS PCE-N15 has the same issues, so it's obviously Windows's fault. 

Sorry, didn't read your post. Lol you're right. I get this message: "Compatibility report The computer started using the Windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. Them, insert the installtion media and restart the upgrade. 

I'd prefer not to clean install :C Are there any other options?

well you could attempt to figure out what is causing the upgrade to fail..but personally I think it would be simpler to try what I said

backup important stuff

do a clean install of 8.1

upgrade to 10

if you want to attempt to figure out the problem..I guess I could check it on teamviewer

well you could attempt to figure out what is causing the upgrade to fail..but personally I think it would be simpler to try what I said

backup important stuff

do a clean install of 8.1

upgrade to 10

if you want to attempt to figure out the problem..I guess I could check it on teamviewer

I'm pretty desperate right now, so I guess it's time for a clean install. One question though, it asks for a product key upon booting from the USB. Am I supposed to skip it, enter my Windows 8 code or what? 

I'm pretty desperate right now, so I guess it's time for a clean install. One question though, it asks for a product key upon booting from the USB. Am I supposed to skip it, enter my Windows 8 code or what? 

if you are gonna clean install 8.1..first download the iso..make sure its matches the correct md5/sha1 to retail 

get the key/serial of your current install with http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

then use that key when reinstalling ..if your os was originally 8..you will need to use the 8.1 install key..then change the key to yours once windows is installed

as for the win 10 stuff...you won't need to enter a key 

I'd prefer not to clean install :C Are there any other options? Btw, the reason I want to upgrade so bad is because Windows 8.1 has some serious ******* WiFi issues. My connection keeps dropping and is really slow, not to mention my whole damn PC freezes when I load certain webpages. What a pos. It's not an issue with my wireless adapter, I've just picked up a new one (TP-Link WDN 4800). My old ASUS PCE-N15 has the same issues, so it's obviously Windows's fault. 

if it has that problem then you should clean install windows 10. if you upgrade it will carry that problem to windows 10, make sure that you use the build 1511 version so that when you clean install you can enter the key, if it's embedded into your motherboard then just click skip. I've upgraded to windows 10 via windows update and it actually carry problems from windows 8.1

Thanks guys, I clean installed Windows 8.1 and then upgraded to 10 from there. Internet disconnects are still happening though, and I'm using ethernet now. 

if it has that problem then you should clean install windows 10. if you upgrade it will carry that problem to windows 10, make sure that you use the build 1511 version so that when you clean install you can enter the key, if it's embedded into your motherboard then just click skip. I've upgraded to windows 10 via windows update and it actually carry problems from windows 8.1

Oh, that makes so much sense. That explains my STILL persisting internet disconnects in Windows 10, and I've even switched to ethernet. This is pathetic. So how do I clean install Windows 10 if I'm already running it? Do I have to make a bootable USB, and then wipe my current SSD which has Windows 10 on it and then reinstall it? 

Oh, that makes so much sense. That explains my STILL persisting internet disconnects in Windows 10, and I've even switched to ethernet. This is pathetic. So how do I clean install Windows 10 if I'm already running it? Do I have to make a bootable USB, and then wipe my current SSD which has Windows 10 on it and then reinstall it?

Download media creation tool from the Microsoft website and create one from the software. Then reboot your pc into the usb pendrive and it will bring up the similar setup as windows 7 and 8.1 just select custom (advanced). You can delete the partition and install Windows 10 on it. Be sure to download all the driver required before reinstall.

When it ask for product key then skip it.