Questions about Windows 10

CruxYo

I generally play games, stream on obs, edit on sony vegas, and record with and avermedia.Should I upgrade to windows 10? Is there any risk to my computer being completely different?

I'm also wondering if it deletes pirated games... asking for a friend  :rolleyes:  :D  :wacko:

Get rid of the pirated games part bro (We don't discuss them here u can get banned)

Anything else yea it should work fine

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I generally play games, stream on obs, edit on sony vegas, and record with and avermedia.Should I upgrade to windows 10? Is there any risk to my computer being completely different?

I'm also wondering if it deletes pirated games... asking for a friend  :rolleyes:  :D  :wacko:

no it does not delete prirated games, it dosen't delete any files

win 10 is amazing you should upgrade

You'll be perfectly fine. I recommend it.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

How about actually supporting developers and buy your games? Then you won't have to worry about it. Maybe if we didn't have people like you companies wouldn't look at PC as a subsidiary market and we'd see less ports like Arkham Knight.

How about actually supporting developers and buy your games? Then you won't have to worry about. Maybe if we didn't have people like you companies wouldn't look at PC as a subsidiary market and we'd see less ports like Arkham Knight.

not everyone has money, not can get a job/old enough/ finacnial shit, ect

no it does not delete prirated games, it dosen't delete any files

win 10 is amazing you should upgrade

Windows 8.1 is amazing, you should stick to it.

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

True, but you do have to ask yourself the question if that is a reason for you that validates pirating. Do you really "need" to play that game or watch that film? As in the end it still is wrong.

True, but you do have to ask yourself the question if that is a reason for you that validates pirating. Do you really "need" to play that game or watch that film? As in the end it still is wrong.

when you buy a game, you have to ask yourself a question Do you really need to buy full price for the game or u can just pir8

You'll be perfectly fine. I recommend it.

hey, you! i remember seeing you yesterday. tell me, why should i do those things to stop windows 10 spying on me? is there a good reason for it? you already made me download that aerotweaker so i could disable the damn automatic windows updates. so any good reason to disable "telemetry"?

stream on obs

no, do not upgrade.  last i heard obs had major issues with streaming on windows 10.   one of the youtubers i watch(anklespankin) had to revert back to windows 7 recently due to obs not working properly after he upgraded to 10

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

when you buy a game, you have to ask yourself a question Do you really need to buy full price for the game or u can just pir8

And that is one I ask myself constantly, and overall I decide to wait till a price drop. But it is indeed a very good question to ask if it is worth full price too you.

Pirating isn't a real solution tho, yes you get the product for free without most likely any negative effect on you but that doesn't make it the right or acceptable thing to do.

hey, you! i remember seeing you yesterday. tell me, why should i do those things to stop windows 10 spying on me? is there a good reason for it? you already made me download that aerotweaker so i could disable the damn automatic windows updates. so any good reason to disable "telemetry"?

I don'recommend it, it's only for tinfoil hat freaks who cringe every time they hear the word 'telemetry' All it really does is send some minor data to Microsoft if a crash happens, and stuff like that. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

I don'recommend it, it's only for tinfoil hat freaks who cringe every time they hear the word 'telemetry' All it really does is send some minor data to Microsoft if a crash happens, and stuff like that. 

i thought it was something like that. thanks, what would we do without forum's chief Microsoft enthusiast? =)

True. But you don't see me with a smart phone. Or any cellular phone for that matter. Well now I graduated University (debt free too), and now have a job, so I am going to get one.

That is how it works. I have Netflix, I have Grove Music which I buy cheap when Microsoft has specials like 1 year for 30$ instead of 99$ (has the same amount of songs as Spotify, in fact, for the longest time it had more, and was the only one available in Canada (under the Zune/XBox Music name). Games I buy (or get as gift).

How about actually supporting developers and buy your games? Then you won't have to worry about. Maybe if we didn't have people like you companies wouldn't look at PC as a subsidiary market and we'd see less ports like Arkham Knight.

they're xbox and ps2 ports

some developers don't exist no more

True. But you don't see me with a smart phone. Or any cellular phone for that matter. Well now I graduated University (debt free too), and now have a job, so I am going to get one.

That is how it works. I have Netflix, I have Grove Music which I buy cheap when Microsoft has specials like 1 year for 30$ instead of 99$ (has the same amount of songs as Spotify, in fact, for the longest time it had more, and was the only one available in Canada (under the Zune/XBox Music name). Games I buy (or get as gift).

Can you atleast message me when you just delete a post of mine?

Windows 10 works perfectly fine for me and games, and I won't comment on the pirate part, my opinion may not be the one you want to hear. 

[spoiler=Current Rig] N/A

Can you atleast message me when you just delete a post of mine?

I don't mod a thread that I participate in (unless the obvious, like real spam, or double posts, or a request from the creator of the post asks me to delete a particular posts, and such).

When I became mod, the community has asked to wear 2 hats, normal user that express fully myself and remain close and active to the community, and mod. As such, an agreement was made that I don't mod threads I participate in. I don't even use the report button, unless it is something really big just to disconnect myself from the 2 roles. Everything that is done on the forum is logged automatically, so if I take action admin and senior mods can take action on me.

It is another mod that passed by and removed it. To not continue to push the discussion away from the thread topic, you can always PM me! :)

I've been running Win10 Pro on my personal desktop since the technical previews... It had some issues with drivers back then (no surprise really), but since the spring I've had no (major) issues with drivers or running games. So far I'm very pleased with what it has become so I wholeheartedly recommend you to upgrade!

It might take some getting used to the layout and settings changes, but it's not more of a change from when I went from XP to 7 for instance.

I say just do it! If you don't like it, you can roll back the upgrade (but only within one month after the upgrade).

I think if you already have Windows 7 or 8(.1), then you already have the OS that Windows 10 repackages with lots of monetization for Microsoft. It isn't faster for gaming or applications, and doesn't have better compatibility.

If you look at videos to get an impression of the UI, then you should be able to figure out whether Windows 10 is appealing to you. Aside from the UI changes, the reduced-functionality start menu, the reduced control over how Windows updates, the reduced visual customization options, and the invasive data collection, it's really the same OS underneath. There are some minor new features, but nothing that's likely to change your usage of Windows. Even my favourite new features in Windows 10 (like being able to pause file copying) aren't likely to get used by me. I've gone back to Windows 7 as my main OS.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I think if you already have Windows 7 or 8(.1), then you already have the OS that Windows 10 repackages with lots of monetization for Microsoft. It isn't faster for gaming or applications, and doesn't have better compatibility.

If you look at videos to get an impression of the UI, then you should be able to figure out whether Windows 10 is appealing to you. Aside from the UI changes, the reduced-functionality start menu, the reduced control over how Windows updates, the reduced visual customization options, and the invasive data collection, it's really the same OS underneath. There are some minor new features, but nothing that's likely to change your usage of Windows. Even my favourite new features in Windows 10 (like being able to pause file copying) aren't likely to get used by me. I've gone back to Windows 7 as my main OS.

Very helpful, thanks!