pick one only ...

MACGYVR
Go to solution Solved by SirBobson,

I think both are pretty good, though I don't really know that much about power supplies. If you already have those two I think it might make more sense to put the ax 760 in the system thats more likely to be upgraded in the future.

im building a new pc, and getting myself a new psu for my pc

for the client i chose this... https://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-rm650

and for myself this... https://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-ax760

i dont need the 760 watt all i really need is 650. in fact the clients pc is almost identical to mine, but if you had to choose between the 2 which would you get and why?

thanks

-MACGYVR

I would get an XFX PSU, or Seasonic, they are so much better.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Depends on the system. But they're both pretty good.

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

The RM series is super overpriced for what it is. I would go for the AX760 for the quality. 

The AX760 is a Seasonic unit, though...

EDIT: Same goes for all XFX units. 

I think both are pretty good, though I don't really know that much about power supplies. If you already have those two I think it might make more sense to put the ax 760 in the system thats more likely to be upgraded in the future.

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

The RM series is super overpriced for what it is. I would go for the AX760 for the quality. 

The AX760 is a Seasonic unit, though...

Yeah well, I like Seasonic because Seasonic. :P They don't have as much of a bad rep as Corsair, since CX series threw a spanner in the works.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Yup agreed seasonic is the best in PSUs i can vouch for it since mine is about 5 yrs old now  :D

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

Yeah well, I like Seasonic because Seasonic. :P They don't have as much of a bad rep as Corsair, since CX series threw a spanner in the works.

The issues with the CX series are over-exaggerated. They're not suitable for certain builds, but are by no means dangerous, like a lot of people seem to think. Corsair may have a bad rep for the CX and VS series, but it doesn't change the fact that they don't make the PSUs. CWT should have the bad rep, if anyone. The AX series are all Seasonic units (albeit overpriced). XFX units are exclusively Seasonic OEM.  

Seasonic is pretty much always a safe choice, but for brands (not manufacturers), it's good to check up on the individual units, rather than seeing that they brand one or two bad units and not trusting the others. 

A good example is EVGA, who brand both excellent Seasonic and Superflower units, but also brand horrible HEC units. They've wrongly gotten a reputation as being a good PSU "manufacturer", in much the same way Corsair is starting to get  a reputation as a bad PSU "manufacturer". 

The AX760 is a Seasonic PSU

Are you just bandwagoning because you have no fucking clue who the hell made it?

To OP: Both PSUs are fine. The AX760 is quite a bit better. Not detrimentally better, but better.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Are you just bandwagoning because you have no fucking clue who the hell made it?

To OP: Both PSUs are fine. The AX760 is quite a bit better. Not detrimentally better, but better.

It's nice to be able to say you have a Seasonic, because then no one asks if it's a CX or VS series.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

kek

Topkek

eti-topkek-with-hazelnut-and-cocoa-snack

You fell for that?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

HaHa, KeK.

Did you open the spoiler? :P  ;)

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

yes

Imma leave this thread before I get raged at again. Probably.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

im building a new pc, and getting myself a new psu for my pc

for the client i chose this... https://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-rm650

and for myself this... https://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-ax760

i dont need the 760 watt all i really need is 650. in fact the clients pc is almost identical to mine, but if you had to choose between the 2 which would you get and why?

thanks

-MACGYVR

The AX is better but an EVGA GQ/GS/G2 would be a lot better for your money.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The AX is better but an EVGA GQ/GS/G2 would be a lot better for your money.

i will never buy evga psu.... jk ive never messed with them so i have no opinion i just hear that 50% are good and 50% are bad

the ax is also $40 more expensive too !!! the white and red on it matches my build so thats one thing, the other is gold colored...

sometimes it seems sad to think i care about looks on a pc but it matters to me at a $1200 price point

The issues with the CX series are over-exaggerated. They're not suitable for certain builds, but are by no means dangerous, like a lot of people seem to think. Corsair may have a bad rep for the CX and VS series, but it doesn't change the fact that they don't make the PSUs. CWT should have the bad rep, if anyone. The AX series are all Seasonic units (albeit overpriced). XFX units are exclusively Seasonic OEM.  

Seasonic is pretty much always a safe choice, but for brands (not manufacturers), it's good to check up on the individual units, rather than seeing that they brand one or two bad units and not trusting the others. 

A good example is EVGA, who brand both excellent Seasonic and Superflower units, but also brand horrible HEC units. They've wrongly gotten a reputation as being a good PSU "manufacturer", in much the same way Corsair is starting to get  a reputation as a bad PSU "manufacturer". 

ionly use cx in "low end " pcs that is hardware thats not very powerful

the ax is also $40 more expensive too !!! the white and red on it matches my build so thats one thing, the other is gold colored...

sometimes it seems sad to think i care about looks on a pc but it matters to me at a $1200 price point

It's not saddening, especially at that budget

The RM PSU will be fine for either build.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

It's not saddening, especially at that budget

The RM PSU will be fine for either build.

thanks imma use the rm in the clients and the ax in mine, unless i get a deal on another rm because my case is the s340 and you cant even see the psu so gold doesnt matter... iguess... but to me if i know it doesnt match it bothers me wether i see it or not lol... i thinks thats ocd or something