GTX 770 low clock speed but 99% usage

FantasmicalMan
Go to solution Solved by SirDucksallot,

Use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely wipe your graphics drivers and reinstall old ones that you know worked,or the most recent one.

I started to play GTA V with some friends last night and I noticed around 17 fps on old settings I used to run at ~45-~60 FPS and now I have messed with the nvidia control panel trying to fix things but were still running low core speeds while at 99% load.

• 535MHz on the core
  • 810MHz on the memory
  • No Overlclocks
  • Default Bios from Gigabyte (Vendor)
  • 99% Load
  • Power Limit priority at 100% (not sure if important)

P.S. Not sure if any fixes but I am getting a SSD for Christmas so I was going to reinstall Windows, so this could be a broken installation but probably not and just reinstalling everything should fix but rather fix it in one day then reinstall windows twice in like a week.

post-50723-0-36241800-1450578020.jpg

did restarting the computer not fix this?

I had to restart several times while downloading drivers and still nope :/

I started to play GTA V with some friends last night and I noticed around 17 fps on old settings I used to run at ~45-~60 FPS and now I have messed with the nvidia control panel trying to fix things but were still running low core speeds while at 99% load.

• 535MHz on the core
  • 810MHz on the memory
  • No Overlclocks
  • Default Bios from Gigabyte (Vendor)
  • 99% Load
  • Power Limit priority at 100% (not sure if important)

P.S. Not sure if any fixes but I am getting a SSD for Christmas so I was going to reinstall Windows, so this could be a broken installation but probably not and just reinstalling everything should fix but rather fix it in one day then reinstall windows twice in like a week.

Check your fan speed, sometimes it doesnt speed up under load, and the card downclocks itself to prevent damage due to heat.

It happened to my 780.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

Check your fan speed, sometimes it doesnt speed up under load, and the card downclocks itself to prevent damage due to heat.

It happened to my 780.

Dang nope. Fan speeds are a 28% now at idle and now uh...idk I unplugged my computer and hoping that would do something restarted it again and now the speeds are at 836.1MHz and when games open go to 1228MHz with boost and then kinda stays there for a while then will downclock to 836 after a couple seconds...okay well then looks like my computer is just F'd cause I restarted and now I have the slow problem out of the way but now I have a too fast problem...well Thank you anyways. lol

Use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely wipe your graphics drivers and reinstall old ones that you know worked,or the most recent one.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

• 3 weeks later...

I had to reinstalling them for it to guarantee work but a update solved it but rollback drivers didn't so idk what really was going on but thank you to everyone!

Glad to've helped.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

-delete pls-