Futuremark release 3D Mark 2016 Beta including a VR Test (the DX12 test is not included yet)

Master Disaster

It's available to any paid user of 3D Mark (currently only on Steam) and it includes a major UI overhaul and a test for VR Performance called VRMark.

The DX12 test that was shown last week will not make it into the current beta as it's not yet ready for public testing.

The video that is floating around that was shot in that event in China is from a fairly early work-in-progress build. Oh, it looks nice already, but it is nowhere near complete or fully working on every possible hardware out there. We also have not shown anything about the demo or the physics test yet (for a good reason...)

This new UI is part of the work towards releasing Time Spy. Instead of waiting longer and releasing the UI and the new test at the same time and having two different things that could have problems, we rolled out the new UI early and, as a nice bonus, included separately developed VRMark (being worked on by another team) in early teaser form.

Any paid user on Steam can access the beta by doing the following...

The 3DMark Holiday Beta is your chance to try some of the new features coming to 3DMark in 2016. Find out more here.

The beta is open to everyone who owns the paid version of 3DMark on Steam. Sorry, demo users. To join the beta, follow these simple steps:

Open your Steam Library, and choose Software.

Right-click on 3DMark, and select Properties.

In the window that opens, click on the BETAS tab.

Enter access code "HappyHolidays", then click on the CHECK CODE button.

From the drop-down menu, select "2016 UI & VRMark Preview"

The beta will now start downloading.

The DLC installation process will be a little awkward until Steam finishes automatically adding it to everybody's account. For now, follow the steps below. You will then be able to install and uninstall each test from within 3DMark.

Right-click on 3DMark in your Library, and select "View Downloadable Content."

In the new window, click on "View available downloadable content for this product"

For each DLC, click through to its store page, and click on the "Play Game" button.

This adds the free DLC to your account and allows you to install it in 3DMark.

When you have unlocked all the DLCs, launch 3DMark and enjoy!

You can leave the beta and revert to the public version of 3DMark at any time. You do that by going to the BETAS drop-down and selecting “NONE - Opt out of all beta programs."

They also released the following list of known issues

Known issues and notes

The VRMark Preview does not work on Windows 7 as that OS is not supported by the VR headset drivers. We're looking into enabling monitor mode on Windows 7.

VRMark Preview does not support multi-GPU yet. Disable SLI/Crossfire to avoid rendering issues. We’re working on a fix for this.

The VRMark Preview fails on PCs set to Turkish locale in Windows.

The beta includes a workaround for the AMD driver issue where the preview videos in the UI caused some AMD graphics cards to use low power mode and run at lower clock speeds. If you experienced this issue earlier, please tell us whether the beta solves the problem for you and your exact video card model.

Source - http://steamcommunity.com/app/223850/discussions/0/494632506580290784/

Just tried it and it's much improved over the old UI. Now if only they'd release the DX12 test already :P

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Downloading update now,

would like  @Lays score on his Matrix

edit: worthwhile note, you have to download the benchmarks separately now

ba98dd783e.jpg

f8b504b75d.jpg

Downloading update now,

would like  @Lays score on his Matrix

edit: worthwhile note, you have to download the benchmarks separately now

ba98dd783e.jpg

f8b504b75d.jpg

Which benchmark? The vr one?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Which benchmark? The vr one?

yes if you can do a proper score on the benchmark yet

nice, thanks!  hopefully they changed some things from the round of feedback surveys they did recently

downloading now

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

yes if you can do a proper score on the benchmark yet

I don't have it installed through steam, but I did buy it from steam.

I use the separate client to minimize other effects on the system for higher scores

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I don't have it installed through steam, but I did buy it from steam.

I use the separate client to minimize other effects on the system for higher scores

ah, well once it comes out to the full public do you think can you give it a go?

nice, thanks!  hopefully they changed some things from the round of feedback surveys they did recently

downloading now

We are indeed going to act on many things we learned from the surveys, but most of those things are still "to be added" - probably in the spring. This UI update mostly tackles the issue "if we add any more tests, the download size and disk space usage of the whole thing is going to be annoyingly big", and adds Russian localization.

Do let us know if you run into any issues - this has been in testing for the past month but we didn't want to risk putting it out just before the holidays without first giving it bit of "beta time" to see if there are any oopsies that our own testing did not uncover. Steam only for now since it is so much easier to patch on Steam and the vast majority of 3DMark users seem to be using Steam anyway.

We do have a standalone installer that also can install only some of the tests without requiring Steam, but it still had some open issues and most likely it will not be available until January. Good news is that once it is available, it can also patch itself without any major pain. And those who absolutely must be able to bench offline, yes, the standalone works without network connection (you just lose the ability to update without a network connection)

Also note that the VRMark Preview is just that - a preview. It doesn't produce any scores and is not ready as a benchmark (the workload isn't a "benchmark" workload, it is not properly tuned, there are definitely some bugs left, multi-GPU doesn't work yet and for proper score-producing test unfortunately one has to lock the camera and this one has a freecam. Also the VR headset SDKs are still quite beta...), but we thought it was a cool thing to make available and help demo the "you don't have to install everything" feature.

snip

Uhh will people owning the full suite get this one for free?

Also it's always great to get additional company reps on the forums.

It would be great if you changed your title under the profile tab, and added a nice FM info sheet.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Uhh will people owning the full suite get this one for free?

Also it's always great to get additional company reps on the forums.

It would be great if you changed your title under the profile tab, and added a nice FM info sheet.

The UI update is just that - an update of 3DMark (to UI version v2.0). Free for everyone. It is only temporarily (while in beta) available only to Advanced Edition users. As soon as it moves out of beta, all get access to it.

VRMark Preview is free to everyone who has Advanced Edition.

The UI update is just that - an update of 3DMark (to UI version v2.0). Free for everyone. It is only temporarily (while in beta) available only to Advanced Edition users. As soon as it moves out of beta, all get access to it.

VRMark Preview is free to everyone who has Advanced Edition.

I meant the DX12 test when it releases...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

ah, well once it comes out to the full public do you think can you give it a go?

I downloaded it but its only a preview, not the benchmark

I meant the DX12 test when it releases...

Sorry, we have not yet announced the details on Time Spy. All I can say is that it will be part of the 3DMark application (ie. one more test you can download for it) and I would expect there to be a free Basic Edition.

Can't wait the DX12 test though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Indeed. I am one of the people who bought 3dmark outside of steam. Looking forward to the eventual update.

Indeed. I am one of the people who bought 3dmark outside of steam. Looking forward to the eventual update.

You can always add the key you have to Steam (Add a Game..) and that also allows you to keep using the standalone version. The only limitation is that the key can be added to a Steam account only once.

This would allow you to test the new version using steam, before the standalone installer becomes available.

You can always add the key you have to Steam (Add a Game..) and that also allows you to keep using the standalone version. The only limitation is that the key can be added to a Steam account only once.

This would allow you to test the new version using steam, before the standalone installer becomes available.

Huh, did not know that. Thanks!

Lame..

What is the point of trying to have the lastest of the latest, going for a beta version, if it doesn't even support DX12, that's been out for quite a while now.... 

Does you mum know you're here?

Lame..

What is the point of trying to have the lastest of the latest, going for a beta version, if it doesn't even support DX12, that's been out for quite a while now.... 

DX12 (the API) may be out.

DX12 drivers... are... "less than optimal" at the moment.

Ask yourself: Why there are no DX12 games yet? Ashes of Singularity is the only one, and I believe they have a fairly close relationship with one of the graphics card vendors.

We're working hard on the DX12 test (Time Spy), but can't release it before it is ready. VRMark effort is separate, developed by separate team of programmers. This UI update is part of the work towards getting Time Spy out.