What was the most recent thing you've fixed/built?

This is just a fun little discussion I wanted to start because I'm curious to see what electronics other people have built or fixed recently. You could also explain how you fixed or built something so other people who might be having the same problem can learn how to do it.  ^_^

I'll go first: The most recent thing I fixed (5 hours ago) was an iPod Touch 5th Generation headphone jack. The person said the sound kept going in and out everytime they plugged in their headphones, and the cable was loose. I figured that the locking switches inside the jack were stuck, so I got them unstuck by wiggling the headphone plug around back-and-forth, and then cleaned out the inside with 91% isopropyl alcohol and a lint-free cloth, and it worked! :) 

I've built a robot using some qrd1114s, 2 motors, an arduino and a breadboard with a couple wires and resistors. 

Recently build a Skylake i5 with GTX 960 for my brother. Sweety one! :)

Fixed my friend's old PC from dead to alive. (c2d specs).

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Last thing I "fixed" was my dad's PC, which used to overheat. Just had to clean it from the dust, so nothing special.

Last thing I've built was my PC about a year ago.

Oh and I have to constantly "fix" my school PCs, as people fill them with crap and I'm the only one who knows how to use a f*cking PC in 2015.

So my dad has an ASUS UX32A laptop he uses for business. It's kinda nice actually, 3rd gen dual-core i5, 10GB of RAM, 500GB HDD and a 13.3 inch display. It was running Win. 7 when he decided to upgrade to Win. 10. Bad idea, the thing went from a 20 second boot time to a 5 minute boot time and many programs failed to start. So, I sprang to the rescue. I bought a 128GB SSD (he doesn't use that much storage) and took it off his hands. Here's what I did:

1: Removed 12 Torx T5 screws from the bottom of the notebook and popped off the cover.

2: Removed battery and disconnected the power delivery cable and speaker cables soldered to it by removing 8 Phillips screws. 

3: Removed the hard drive and it's brackets by removing 4 more Phillips screws and unplugging SATA power and data.

4: Removed the brackets from the sides of the hard drive by removing yet more Phillips screws. Four of them to be exact.

5: Replaced the brackets with the appropriate screws onto the 128GB SSD.

6: Replaced SSD with brackets and plugged in SATA power and data.

7: Replaced battery and reconnected power delivery and speaker cables.

8: Closed up the laptop.

9: Clean-installed Windows 10 Home.

It works like a charm now, zero issues. Boots in under 10 seconds and is really snappy and responsive, ready for action as his daily driver at work. You're welcome, dad :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

My life, though it's only half done, I've fixed myself up quite a bit :3

P.S. Technically we have an electrical current going through us... So we're electronic... Right... Right guys? ;-;

Last thing I fixed wasn't electronical. Was mechanical. Replaced the spark plugs and did and oil change in my car. But that's not really a fix. So the last thing I "Fixed" was my atv. Had a broken axle.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

I recently repaired and upgraded an old HP ew4600 that had Windows XP Professional on it. It is being used by a security company to monitor cameras. Looking for them to take my recommendation on upgrading a few components to include graphics cards and memory.

I fixed my set of logitech g930! A friend sat on them (my fault) and they had serious issues ever since. Too bad i realized it was because i never changed my power settings after doing a fresh install/mobo change. Usb selective suspend was enabled, causing the entire issue. They work perfect now (other than being sat on and bent)

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

i5 6600 / GTX 970 rig.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Three things actually:

1. Heng long 'Pantiger' RC tank (installed new metal gearboxes)

2. Peltier AC (mounting the heat sink. Should be able to cool down a big tent or dining room)

3. My own personal 100W LED torch (more dust in it than a PC ever will have...)

Cheers,

hman out

put my old Aerocool dead silence fan into my case, and removed the ANNOYINGLY LOUD SHITTY STOCK CORSAIR FANS THAT COME WITH CARBIDE AIR 540 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I fixed the wireless switch on my Dad's work laptop (some model of thinkpad) which required completely disassembling the laptop just to reconnect the cable to the switch....

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

I fixed a small string of christmas lights by *gasp* changing the batteries! I could've been killed!!

Installed CyanogenMod on my first gen Moto G.

Since the last official Motorola update it was almost unusable.

An old Hoover. Just needed a belt.

Thy hath sinneth, and in thy life thou hast fallen to an unholy, unspeakable level of humanity. Thou hast given into your basest needs. And suffered many years under thine Satan-box. However, if thine be willing, as thy hast show yourself to be, thy can ascendeth into thy glorious fold of the glorious church. Go well, my brother, may your temps be low and your frames high. ~ MrDynamicMan

I' m cleaning out and restoring two computers at the moment, a dec digital rainbow from 1982 and my grandparents computer ( a compaq from 2007, the integrated nforce card is so bad the pc freezes every other hour)

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case