Ticking noise in the CM Cosmos 2 case

DvD92

Hey!

I think the ticking noise is there on all fan speeds. Most noticeable on low speed.

I was just wondering if anyone have any experience with the cosmos 2 and have had a similar problem. What then did you do to fix it? :)

Thanks for any help :) Sorry for my bad English

-DvD92

Is it a constant ticking or a 'every once in a while' type thing?

Current PC build: - CASE:Sentey cyclone gs7000 - CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K - CPU COOLER:Corsair Hydro H80i Noctua NH-D15 - MOTHERBOARD:Asus P8Z68-V PRO - RAM:Gskill Ripjaws X Ddr3 32gb 1600mhz (2x8gb+8gb+8gb) - VIDEO:MSI GTX 680 lightning MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X - SOUND:Asus Xonar DG - PSU:Topower powerbird 1100w - SSD:Gskill Phoenix 3 240gb - SSD:Crucial MX200 500gb - SSD:Crucial MX300 750gb - HDD:WD Blue 500 GB SATA HDD ( WD5000AAKX) - Samsung internal optical drive

does the ticking varies with the fanspeed?

if not -> may just one of your HDDs died

if yes -> then you have two options: try to mount them with rubber strips or get new fans

I got only stock fans installed. The one fan that's not stock I have tried unplugging, with no effect on the ticking.

HDD seems fine.

OK. I might buy new fans. Any recommendations?

I'l look in to some of the Noctua fans

Thanks for the help :)

Question: Are you using your built in fan controller to slow down the speed of your fans? if so have you tried another fan controller, direct power from psu?

if so you are not alone when it comes to the clicking sound. The original fan controller in the cosmos 2 was identified as causing clicking sounds by many because of the way it originally handled voltage control of the fans. Anyway Coolermaster now offers a replacement fan controller pcb that could fix your problem. Here is a link that should help you out if that's the case. :)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1265915/cosmos-2-upgraded-fan-controller-now-available-in-north-america

I'm using the built in fan controller. The sound seems to be there on full speed of the fans, although I can't hear it very well because of the fan noise. I can try just direct connect all the fans to PSU and see what happens, but that is not an option long term seeing how loud the fans are on max. I could buy a LNA, but I really want to buy some Noctua fans :)

I live in Europe so I can't use the site you linked, but I can try contacting CM EU about a replacement fan controller.

Update: I just tried to disconnect all the fans one by one, and it seems like the fan that makes the loudest noise while connected to the fan controller is the front fan. Although that might be just because its the biggest fan (200mm).

I have sent an request to CM EU about a replacement fan controller.