Does anyone know where I can buy an abundace of pen springs?

Nexxus

title, the only place ive found that offers me a good selection is Alibaba, and im not willing to buy with them due to their connection with the sesame credit system.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

title, the only place ive found that offers me a good selection is Alibaba, and im not willing to buy with them due to their connection with the sesame credit system.

Ebay is your friend.

Ebay is your friend.

from what ive seen when I looked searching them was extremely diffcult and frankly I found them to be to much iirc that was the 1st place I looked though

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

What? why do you need...... Wait! I don't want to know..... never mind.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

What? why do you need...... Wait! I don't want to know..... never mind.

F741XC5H6WG6TSO.MEDIUM.jpg

System Specs

System Specs

<snip>

Ah, that's cool. For second there I thought I was going to go all eeeh or something. Abundance of pen springssssssss............

My imagination can get the better of me sometimes. I need to get off the forum for awhile . . . LOL.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Ah, that's cool. For second there I thought I was going to go all eeeh or something. Abundance of pen springssssssss............

My imagination can get the better of me sometimes. I need to get off the forum for awhile . . . LOL.

did you think he was going to put pen springs up his ass or something???

Try Mc Mastercarr they have everything, just look under compression springs and the correct size. only thing is why not use heatshrink instead of that, it will be more durable or resistant to breaking. 

http://www.mcmaster.com/#compression-springs/=10ac980

from what I can see all their compression springs are closed ends...it makes it a bitch to work with.

Got a source for heatsrink?

System Specs

dont knock it til you try it.

System Specs

I use them for valuable cables that..I really cant have just die suddenly/are expensive to replace.

Laptop chargers, imporaint micro USB, stupid proproty cable my camera uses, my Nexus 5x USB Type C cables, ect..id rather buy a 50 cent spring for the cable then another $20 cable.

System Specs

No. nothing that weird. Lets just let it be. It was an odd moment for me and typed it out so lets just bury it.....K?   :blush:

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

from what I can see all their compression springs are closed ends...it makes it a bitch to work with.

Got a source for heatsrink?

Any electronics or hardware store should have it locally, some places online are Dazmode and Icemodz. You can stretch the heatsirnk larger with a pair of pliers to get it over the connector and heat it, it will still shrink down to the original shrink size, 3:1 stuff is good for this.

Any electronics or hardware store should have it locally, some places online are Dazmode and Icemodz. You can stretch the heatsirnk larger with a pair of pliers to get it over the connector and heat it, it will still shrink down to the original shrink size, 3:1 stuff is good for this.

I will try and keep it in mind, my friend is taking me to a surplus store probably after xmas hopefully can find that or springs there.

System Specs

I use them for valuable cables that..I really cant have just die suddenly/are expensive to replace.

Laptop chargers, imporaint micro USB, stupid proproty cable my camera uses, my Nexus 5x USB Type C cables, ect..id rather buy a 50 cent spring for the cable then another $20 cable.

It makes perfect sense. Just didn't think of it myself.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I will try and keep it in mind, my friend is taking me to a surplus store probably after xmas hopefully can find that or springs there.

Since your based in Toronto place like Princess auto will have a bunch of stuff like this or Canadian tire, I've tried it one a few of my cables and it works well.

98917588438ef4e7a603o1420207576.jpg

Since our based in Toronto place like Princess auto will have a bunch of stuff like this or Canadian tire, I've tried it one a few of my cables and it works well.

98917588438ef4e7a603o1420207576.jpg

I got a canadian tire litarally 2 min away from me, will have a look there thanks.

System Specs

Just curious. What is this 3:1 thing you mentioned? And I assume a hairdryer will be good enough for the heating?

System Specs

Just curious. What is this 3:1 thing you mentioned? And I assume a hairdryer will be good enough for the heating?

The shrink ratio, it's the amount it shrinks from the original size once heated, if it was originally 12mm it would be 4mm when shrunk with a 3:1 type, those are usually best since the wires are fairly thin but connectors are quiet big.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

what were you thinking...

Like i said it was an odd, rare moment, Let it be.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

System Specs