After playing CS, do certain traits go across to other games?

LokiFire

Wondering if i am alone on this, but because i played CS so much in a year, i feel whenever i go to say Battlefield, i am doing the peek/ sound/ careful movement thing you would normally do in CS, and instead of team based it's just me doing it, it works sometimes and then other times it won't, but aim wise i am much better for playing CS.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Yes, I bunny hop in every game and it never works.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I think qq is a pretty good example of game traits carrying over to other situations, ehehehe.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Yes, I bunny hop in every game and it never works.

i bunnyhop in minecraft, and usually fall off cliffs. (theres a mod that implements quake's movement code in MC, its amazing.)

but yeah, if you play a certain game a lot, you'll adjust your fine movements to that game, and get slightly "worse" in other games.

for this very reason the first thing i do with a new first person game is set the mouse speed identical to what i'm used to.

Well of course if you come from a more competitive shooter your aim will be better than average. Depending on where you go, there may bo other things that remain useful, whereas others won't be. If you were to play, say, quake 3, only the aim would be useful and you'd get owned because you aren't used to the much higher speed.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yeah I noticed it when I played a round of the new BF4 dlc, I was very cautious, peeking angles, I even caught myself tapshooting (lol), after 10 minutes or so it went away because Battlefield is just pure idiotic chaos and it doesn't really matter if you flank an opponent or just run directly towards his face.

144Hz goodness

Yeah I noticed it when I played a round of the new BF4 dlc, I was very cautious, peeking angles, I even caught myself tapshooting (lol), after 10 minutes or so it went away because Battlefield is just pure idiotic chaos and it doesn't really matter if you flank an opponent or just run directly towards his face.

Well BF has it's skillset, but it's a rather low ceiling from what i can tell, my aim was particularly good on the shangai map that i murdered 5 men coming up the elevator like a pissing aimbot lol, there is zero recoil and well you only have to hit their heads... they were not happy with me anyway, text chat got filthy.

Actually yes. I feel as if youre able to get good at a game like CSGO, then you will have a much better sense of strategy. I play other games like CoD and Battlefield 10X better after playing lots of CS, my mind is just trained to think better when playing games like that.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Well BF has it's skillset, but it's a rather low ceiling from what i can tell, my aim was particularly good on the shangai map that i murdered 5 men coming up the elevator like a pissing aimbot lol, there is zero recoil and well you only have to hit their heads... they were not happy with me anyway, text chat got filthy.

recoil isn't 0 it's just straight up and slight.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

recoil isn't 0 it's just straight up and slight.

Ok, well seems like nothing, and sadly the recoil in CS is just plain fucked up in reality, but we are used to it...

mCNUumi.png

Yes sir, It all transferred to Battlefield, also bunny hopping in general 

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Anyway , aside from the qq thing, I gotta say I've had the same thing happen with me coming from Plantside 2. Damn , the shooting mechanics in that game are still the best I've encountered , at least in my opinion . Not to mention the rest of the gameplay...since it's Planetside 2 , after all.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I am Global Elite in CS. I am not amazing in new games I play, but actually some of the skills transfer over! I recently picked up Call Of Duty Black Ops II because I got it cheap, and it is fun with some variety. It is hard to play however, since I use the same sensitivity as in cs:go to not fuck up my muscle memory. (400 DPI @ 2 sens)

The sniping is where I can't quite adapt. My playstyle is way too "CS:" to be able to become the next FaZe!

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

I am Global Elite in CS. I am not amazing in new games I play, but actually some of the skills transfer over! I recently picked up Call Of Duty Black Ops II because I got it cheap, and it is fun with some variety. It is hard to play however, since I use the same sensitivity as in cs:go to not fuck up my muscle memory. (400 DPI @ 2 sens)

The sniping is where I can't quite adapt. My playstyle is way too "CS:" to be able to become the next FaZe!

I'm only DMG, but the aim at that level is still above and beyond most gamers you will encounter in other games lol.

Ok, well seems like nothing, and sadly the recoil in CS is just plain fucked up in reality, but we are used to it...

it's really not. full spray from hands with ak47 is hard to control even in reality. 

cs just has a pattern you can learn because it's a game.

Spoiler

it's really not. full spray from hands with ak47 is hard to control even in reality. 

cs just has a pattern you can learn because it's a game.

I meant physics hehe, you got it :D