New "Gaming" PC for Friends Brother Advice

yorky321

Hey Guys ,

My mates brother asked me to put a system together for around $1000 AUD. Most likely use case would be games like COD4 , Skyrim etc 

I think it would be nice to have the ability to run newer titles as well to sort of "future proof" the system is little more.

So far theses are the components i have selected and was having a little trouble sorting out the graphics card. 

Any ideas ? 

P.S The $1000 needs to include A mouse/keyboard and monitor. Cheers

d01e7e887634bb4ea35833d2948e0f43.png

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitors: X-STAR 30" 2560x1440 IPS

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.

Here you go: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/1xaoP

Add a ssd later down the road.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Lower the PSU Wattage down to like 450W-500W, maybe go for a bit cheaper RAM, and with the saved money try squeeze in a AMD HD 7850, and get some cheap mouse/keyboard combo.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

I like the idea of trying to cut corners in order to get better gaming, but I personally stay stick with the i5, lower the power supply like people have said, keep the corsair RAM (dual channel will be faster than single, so 2 sticks is better than one). I trust corsair, a heck of a lot, I wouldn't run different RAM if you paid me so I might be a bit bias there. But if it comes to it, get a 7870 instead of a 7950. Still great card, and won't require you to cut corners in places maybe you don't want to. If you don't mind going AMD, its definitely not a bad option, in which case WoodenMarker has a pretty solid build. Although I still say get dual channel RAM ;)

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

You could go for the nvidia gtx650ti boost, it's cheaper than the 7950 but still good en enough for gaming.

Thanks for all the quick responses guys! Yeah I'd say for the price difference just in the CPU its self i'll be going down the AMD route for this particular build. $1000 is a lot of money when you are 17 so i don't want to try squeeze extra $$ out of him to go the Intel i5 route like I would personally. I'd say the sweet spot for a gaming pc in Aus is around 1200 but like I said $1000 is the budget. 

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.

This is the latest. Turns out he needed EVERYTHING. So the "Budget" had to be pushed a little. Tell me what you guys think.9186cb9d54526a5a5cd7f75acc16190c.png

Switch the power supply. Go and see if you can get a dedicated gpu.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Switch the power supply. Go and see if you can get a dedicated gpu.

Isn't a 7950 a dedicated GPU? :L Or am I messing it up with discrete ...

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

Isn't a 7950 a dedicated GPU? :L Or am I missing it up with discrete ...

That was my thoughts ^ haha

Isn't a 7950 a dedicated GPU? :L Or am I missing it up with discrete ...

Damn! Didn't see it. DAMN YOU EYES!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Damn! Didn't see it. DAMN YOU EYES!!!

Haha, maybe you should get some dedicated eyes. I'M SO FUNNY. HAR HAR HAR.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore