I'm finding the older I get as a gamer, the less I wanna play with other people

Arct1c0n

I'm kinda the opposite.

I've been playing single player games ever since, now I want to play multiplayer games. My internet wont let me do that though.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

28 here , 29 very soon. I started gaming very young ~4 on already old hardware. Atari 2600, original Gameboy,  on the Amiga/Commodore, and 486/66 based PC when I was 7.

Online gaming is much much more accessible nowadays, so the average age of people online is much younger, which means much more Toxicity.

I remember playing Earth & Beyond back in the early 00's (~2002, years before WoW came out), my first major MMO.

I NEVER had any problem with toxic behaviour, NEVER saw trash talk in global chat, it was a pleasant gaming experience.

Now though, good luck finding any online game were you can go even 1 hour without seeing some BS Toxic behaviour.

Your not alone OP, though I will say this. I long to find a online MMO where I can play like it did in E&B and Vanilla/TBC WoW, but I know it will never happen, the community is worse (though bigger), and gaming has got easier and more spoon fed. So it's unlikely ill ever get to relive those times again :(  So for now, I generally stick with single player games, I wont purposely avoid online games, ill try them out if they look good, but I just generally don't like them anymore due to most of them being EZ mode and full of Toxicity.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I'm finding myself thinking the same thing really. I still enjoy the occasional romp through Azeroth, but mostly just LFR and such, no time or patients for guild dramatics and politics. Games that have seamless drop in drop out styles like Diablo III are what really seem to draw me in. More and more I find myself playing a good single player game, or if multiplayer, one that I can essentially turn my brain off and just have fun, not work. I think alot of it has to do with aging. You begin to realize just how much not-fun you were having trying to be the next 30 second hero, and finally slow down and respect and notice the details along the way. I'm shifting into more story driven games that make you look at the scenery, like Ethan Carter. I don't think it is a bad thing, there are so many game genres out there, and more being made in each as time goes by that you will inevitably keep finding something that you like. 

I'm 37 and have been at it since long before the NES, and it still isn't boring, just different.