OnePlus X Ceramic Edition (EU), selling price?

VerticalDiscussions

Hey everyone :D, so i made a big bet and i hope it pays off  ^_^ , and even if im unable to role it out i should have in hand a fine piece of hardware. Okay, so what i was trying to ask you is that i was one of the winners from the OnePlus X Ceramic competetion on Instagram, and i ordered that phone yesterday, after a long thought and the pros and cons, it was worth the purchase in the end. But!, i also had the intetion of using that particular "Limited Edition" branding as an easy to sell approach of the phone. Everyone has theyr opinions and i know most people would not buy a phone for 100€ when theres no difference in components, other than build materials, but i still took a gamble on it. When i receive the phone, my expectation is actually to sell the phone, and i was wondering that since it retails for 369€ and its impossible to get one without the special invite, which only rolls out when OnePlus chooses too, it could be quite valuable, to the right OnePlus die hard fan, right? So you guys think i should attempt to sell it on the local market only (Websites that are linked to in-country personal trades), or maybe try and get it on Ebay for a very widespread possibility? What price should i also make it sell for there? It should be more expensive, especially since its currently out of stock and who knows how hard the next envent to get an invite for it will be. Also if you can answer to the topic poll, id be thankful. Cheers  B)

Groomlake Authority

I would sell in local online market at slightly below store price.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

-snip-

Why is that? Its meant to be a limited edition device, with invites that are only possible to win from special envents. I think that itself adds value to the phone. And the local market here is also pretty picky now that i think of it, not that i wouldnt find someone who would want it, but the price wouldnt be the same. Anyways im not selling for underprice, always higher or same value, since its a sealed package.

Groomlake Authority

Why is that? Its meant to be a limited edition device, with invites that are only possible to win from special envents. I think that itself adds value to the phone. And the local market here is also pretty picky now that i think of it, not that i wouldnt find someone who would want it, but the price wouldnt be the same. Anyways im not selling for underprice, always higher or same value, since its a sealed package.

shipping via ebay seems more complicated

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

-snip-

Yeah it is, i never even done it in the past, but in the local market, i only have about 350,000 people who could actually have some interest in the phone, whereas in Ebay it would be billions :P. It also depends a lot on patience, which lucky i have, since i havent received the device yet.

Groomlake Authority

Doubtful you will be selling it for much above retail price

Sure "special edition" adds value, but "second hand" even if new, detracts value

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

-snip-

Yeah maybe not much above, but at least 50€. I mean, regular oneplus x invites are sold for 6-8€ on ebay, and you can get one for free from OnePlus just by asking or use Live Tuesdays, whereas the invite alone for the ceramic should be about the 50€ mark. Taking that into consideration maybe im able to sell the phone for an extra 40-70€, to the right person.

Groomlake Authority

-snip-

If it's limited edition and out of stock you can chose whatever price you want. You might need patience though but I think there is always somebody somewhere in the world who wants stuff like that regardless of what it costs. :D

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

-snip-

Yeah i was going based on that opinion with quite some confidence. Even the employee on theyr live webchat told me i could resell it for quite a higher value, but i dont expect more than 100€ in any way. I would still profit :P in the end i guess.

Groomlake Authority

dude my glass oneplus x was 293€ with shipping. you can sell the ceramic version for far more than that. especially if you dont open the package

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

-snip-

Yeah it costed me 393€. Maybe i should bet it, when i actually get the device, for about 455€ or a little higher.

Groomlake Authority