NCASE M1 Build

Anyone think it would be better to get a swiftech h220 instead of a apogee drive II and radiator with reservoir? I'm pretty sure a lot of people have suggested it but I guess I was narrow sighted on having a 100% 'custom loop'  ^_^

I can get the whole h220 for cheaper than the apogee drive and I don't think there is much of a performance difference... I also know for a fact that the h220 fits in the m1. Unless there is something I'm completely overlooking of forgetting then buying the aio that can be added onto seems to be just as effective and would save me a 240mm radiators worth of cost as well as the $50 price difference between pumps/water blocks.  I would also come with some fans and tubing I could have for spare.

* I have about 3-4 days to make the order from ncix us for $99, then I'm off to south carolina!

Anyone think it would be better to get a swiftech h220 instead of a apogee drive II and radiator with reservoir? I'm pretty sure a lot of people have suggested it but I guess I was narrow sighted on having a 100% 'custom loop'  ^_^

better ... no

much cheaper ... yes

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

better ... no

much cheaper ... yes

Can you specify on how it would be better than than the h220, I thought the pump speed didn't matter too much or does it have an inferior waterblock?

• 2 weeks later...

The parts are arriving little by little everyday. I haven't bought any of the water cooling parts yet, but I will when the parts have been finalized and I make sure nothing is doa.

Sadly maxwell isn't coming until Q4, so my water cooled graphics card will have to wait. I am not sure what I will do until then, either on-board or get a low-mid tier gpu and sell it when the 880 comes out?

Some mods I'm planning to do are:

hYpEd!

Can you specify on how it would be better than than the h220, I thought the pump speed didn't matter too much or does it have an inferior waterblock?

I just meant, that the apogee drive is higher quality and in theory better performing. But tbh, I think you can save that money ;)

---------

You know that there are two new Silverstone SFX PSU coming? One 600 Watt with 80mm fan and a 500 Watt with a 120mm fan

I just meant, that the apogee drive is higher quality and in theory better performing. But tbh, I think you can save that money ;)

---------

You know that there are two new Silverstone SFX PSU coming? One 600 Watt with 80mm fan and a 500 Watt with a 120mm fan

Do you know when those power supplie are coming out? I wonder what would be better for silence for my particular system... That's kind of awesome that they can fit that much power into such a sff! They use the same cables pin-outs for all their psu's so I could just swap my 450w-g to one of those newer ones and all I would have to do is unplug it and it's cables, sell it and pay the difference.

Do you know when those power supplie are coming out?

no ... only  2014 : /

The SX500-LG will official be annouced in april 2014.

SX500-LG -> 500 Watt (longer) SFX 120mm fan

SX600-G -> 600 Watt (real) SFX 80mm fan

They use the same cables pin-outs for all their psu's so I could just swap my 450w-g to one of those newer ones and all I would have to do is unplug it and it's cables, sell it and pay the difference.

They both come with the PP05-E flat & flexible cable set, so changing PSU would be easy ;)

pp05-e-0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So yesterday I got most of the parts I need. All that is left is all the frills and storage and a graphics card which will have to wait until maxwell at which point I will probably also sell my current pc. So here's just a small album of the parts I got and I made sure they were all alive and... they were! No DOA parts to date... *knock on wood*

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/a9ao1y1unxfloxv/AADDathYtNjUbC0YMc8uSztSa

• 1 month later...

So yesterday I got most of the parts I need. All that is left is all the frills and storage and a graphics card which will have to wait until maxwell at which point I will probably also sell my current pc. So here's just a small album of the parts I got and I made sure they were all alive and... they were! No DOA parts to date... *knock on wood*

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/a9ao1y1unxfloxv/AADDathYtNjUbC0YMc8uSztSa

how's progress going? :)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

how's progress going? :)

It's going okay, but slowly because I'm making sure I don't make any more mistakes, I bought the wrong sata adapter and school is just finishing up with exams and all. Soon I will be buying the watercooling fittings, ap123's, ssds, cp11 cables, and just some other things. The last buy is going to be for the cable sleeving and custom cable making which is actually going to cost a hefty coin, so I'll have to wait on that for a while, but It would appear to almost be done assuming the optical drive is working or not...

I'll make a small update right now to the original post of what things are purchased and what I have or planned etc.

It's going okay, but slowly because I'm making sure I don't make any more mistakes, I bought the wrong sata adapter and school is just finishing up with exams and all. Soon I will be buying the watercooling fittings, ap123's, ssds, cp11 cables, and just some other things. The last buy is going to be for the cable sleeving and custom cable making which is actually going to cost a hefty coin, so I'll have to wait on that for a while, but It would appear to almost be done assuming the optical drive is working or not...

I'll make a small update right now to the original post of what things are purchased and what I have or planned etc.

Would love to see some pics of the case :D

Main Rig
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Phone

Would love to see some pics of the case :D

I don't have a real camera and have just been using an htc one. I think my family is going to get a dslr and then I will take pictures. I will make a build log of it when I get all the parts though.

I don't have a real camera and have just been using an htc one. I think my family is going to get a dslr and then I will take pictures. I will make a build log of it when I get all the parts though.

Having a hard time choosing the silver or the black hah ;)

Main Rig
Phone

http://imgur.com/a/zOoA2

Proud to be the top picture :D

edit:

black -> lot's of fingerprints

silver -> no fingerprints at all

I noticed! :D so awesome

and for the fingerprint thing. By the help of linus' beautiful hands

ehLGUFY.png

Main Rig
Phone

• 3 weeks later...

I finally took the components back out of the closet as school is over for the summer and I really want to finish this build :)

I test fitted the radiator with some place holder ap15s and my apogee drive and there is only 1cm or clearance. I am very relieved. I will however have to turn the apogee 90 degrees because the barbs would hit the ram, this is actually how I wanted to put it though because then the intake can be as low as possible and the 4 pin can go directly into the connector. It's too long now (over a foot long) so I'm going to resize that.

Here's a picture of the clearance of the pump/cpu block and radiator and the build in its current state.

view.jpg

clearance.jpg

ps I'm going to have to get new feet for the case because I stripped the screw on one of them :( also the lighting will get better I'm getting some cfl lights for my lamp, currently using hdr on my htc one m7

ps I'm going to have to get new feet for the case because I stripped the screw on one of them :( also the lighting will get better I'm getting some cfl lights for my lamp, currently using hdr on my htc one m7

http://www.focusattack.com/40mm-black-aluminum-anti-slip-joystick-case-feet-set-of-4/ ;)

• 5 weeks later...

It is all coming together... muhahaha, sorry that was a little evil :P

I am going to be ordering all the watercooling parts and ssd, fans etc. this week. Not including the rumored 880 and waterblock / backplate :'(, which is supposedly coming out in September.

I might even finish all my custom cables before that is released.

So I am coming to all of my loyal build planning followers in need. I was told on [H] by a man who was in the same scenario I am now. He said to be able to fit a 90 degree adapter only if I replaced the spacers on my radiator as they are too thick for the job. How do I remove these things "spacers?" and what do I buy to replace them. Thank you again, I will be eagerly awaiting a reply :)

• 4 weeks later...

It is all coming together... muhahaha, sorry that was a little evil :P

I am going to be ordering all the watercooling parts and ssd, fans etc. this week. Not including the rumored 880 and waterblock / backplate :'(, which is supposedly coming out in September.

I might even finish all my custom cables before that is released.

So I am coming to all of my loyal build planning followers in need. I was told on [H] by a man who was in the same scenario I am now. He said to be able to fit a 90 degree adapter only if I replaced the spacers on my radiator as they are too thick for the job. How do I remove these things "spacers?" and what do I buy to replace them. Thank you again, I will be eagerly awaiting a reply :)

Could you possibly get a close up picture of the thread and these "spacers"? Was he saying, that instead of using a straight compression fitting, if you used a 90 degree one, you had to remove some spacers already on the rad? Which rad again? This sounds weird... usually all thread fittings are G1/4, an industry standard....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Could you possibly get a close up picture of the thread and these "spacers"? Was he saying, that instead of using a straight compression fitting, if you used a 90 degree one, you had to remove some spacers already on the rad? Which rad again? This sounds weird... usually all thread fittings are G1/4, an industry standard....

Ok these space things I don't remember the terminology are basically a small extension from the radiators thread to where you would attach a fitting. They are G1/4" I can tell because they can be screwed into each other and my other barbs.

He was saying that you need to replace the current spacers on this radiator with some slimmer ones (he got his from a graphics card block) or I might even be able to no use any. With the slimmer profile there would be more space in between the radiator thread and the power supply to allow a 90 degree adapter, still not enough space for a 90 degree compression fitting. Straight compressions wouldn't fit in that space, no question as the tubing would then have to make an immediate 90 bend.

top.jpg

EK PE 240 Radiator

16.jpg

17.jpg

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes !!

To my fellow ncase owners. @MrSuperb , @prolemur

https://www.dustin.dk/product/5010798502/sfx-series-sx600-g

Can't wait! 19th September. :D

Main Rig
Phone

Ok these space things I don't remember the terminology are basically a small extension from the radiators thread to where you would attach a fitting. They are G1/4" I can tell because they can be screwed into each other and my other barbs.

He was saying that you need to replace the current spacers on this radiator with some slimmer ones (he got his from a graphics card block) or I might even be able to no use any. With the slimmer profile there would be more space in between the radiator thread and the power supply to allow a 90 degree adapter, still not enough space for a 90 degree compression fitting. Straight compressions wouldn't fit in that space, no question as the tubing would then have to make an immediate 90 bend.

EK PE 240 Radiator

I see what you mean - that rad ports are not threaded right at the top, like most are. Very weird, but yes, I think you will need a spacer, thinner one. They are standard G1/4 extenders I believe. You will need to look around and find some thinner ones, or a 90 fitting with a longer threaded male piece. Honestly, it might be easier to get a different 240 rad even. Maybe return that one, or sell it...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes !!

To my fellow ncase owners. @MrSuperb , @prolemur

https://www.dustin.dk/product/5010798502/sfx-series-sx600-g

Can't wait! 19th September. :D

Ya I'm probably going to be fine with the 450w already have since maxwell cards should draw less power.

Do you have yours built, can I see?

I see what you mean - that rad ports are not threaded right at the top, like most are. Very weird, but yes, I think you will need a spacer, thinner one. They are standard G1/4 extenders I believe. You will need to look around and find some thinner ones, or a 90 fitting with a longer threaded male piece. Honestly, it might be easier to get a different 240 rad even. Maybe return that one, or sell it...

ayy Ya I'm going to get a thinner extender, I'm going to keep this radiator though.

I demand more progress and more pics :D

Pics of some parts [~50mb of photos]