the best router for home network

manofsteel

Hi,

I looking for best router that is around 1000 in my currency, the shop i using mostly is http://www.morele.net/ (sorry for the fact that it is my native langauge and some of you can have some problems with it ;/).

The router needs to be somewhat safe (i know i know everything is not 100% safe but at least that 99% ) and needs 1 Gb/s bandwith with 4 additional lan prots for home (cuz we have like 3 or 4 computers) and possible a wi-fi network.

I was thinking about http://www.morele.net/router-d-link-ac3200-wifi-a-b-g-n-ac-dlna-czerwony-dir-890l-742945/ but dont know if its worth its price.

Thank you for any advice

Cheers

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

1000 in my currency,

Which is?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

1000 what? you haven't mentioned what your currency is#

[edit] I now know it's polish currency

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1000 what? you haven't mentioned what your currency is#

[edit] I now know it's polish currency

Which is?

the currency is in the shop if you click it LOL but well its true i didint mention location. I live in Poland and we got our own currency (not USD or EURO). i am glad if that helps out

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

the currency is in the shop if you click it LOL but well its true i didint mention location. I live in Poland and we got our own currency (not USD or EURO). i am glad if that helps out

It is ?   I suppose if you know z followed by (what looks like) an L with a line through it is a Zloty then OK else...

In the future (everywhere not just this forum) if you are asking for help/advice do everything you can, tell people your currency is Zlotys do not have people have to google it .

I had a tutor at college who used to travel around looking for WiFi networks to break into (war driving) for fun so as you say nothing is 100% secure.

However you can make your network harder to break into than the one next door and keep-out the non tech savvy who are looking for a free ride.

Not broadcasting your SSID is a waste of time, and filtering by MAC address is both time consuming/hard to manage and easily bypassed

To get the 90% security encrypt your data and have a strong password (WiFi) (WPA2)

To get five nines (99.999%)turn off the WiFi altogether and have only wired connections (I think the only way they can break in then is to gain physical access to the wires [or join NCIS and be able to decode the small variations in magnetic fields surrounding the wires.  :P  ])

Virtually all routers nowadays come with four LAN ports and will 'do' a WiFi signal too. (Probably configurable an a 'net interface)

Quite probably any ac or better router should use the sort of speeds you want

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

He means Zloty.

I'm not sure about that all in one stuff. I recently got an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X and Ubiquity UAP-LR. That combo is pretty business grade and works like a charm. It's harder to set up than those "all in one" routers tho and probably harder to get too, but should easily be within your price range.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

He means Zloty.

I'm not sure about that all in one stuff. I recently got an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X and Ubiquity UAP-LR. That combo is pretty business grade and works like a charm. It's harder to set up than those "all in one" routers tho and probably harder to get too, but should easily be within your price range.

i dont wanna sound rude but sometimes combos that are hard to set up are not as hard to break but still i appreciate the advice. I am looking for all in one becuase we have a ISP modem and router so basicly we got like 2 gates system (at least i think so because only wan cable is connected to modem and rest to router which is connected to modem) . We got a router that has 300 mb/s bandwitch and connection up to 250 mb/s and i know it sounds foolish to searching for new router but i want to change it for :

A) future connection upgrade

B) using less router banwitch which can cause router to stop or start melting (atleast i think that can be a case

C) better security solution even despite fact that it is hard thing now on these times

D) easy to setup which i want to point out that i wouldnt mind doing all stuff and learning things if not the fact that i am not the one who decides about our connection speed and dont wanna destroy our network for like a week before it will work again cuz of mistakes in setting it up ;p

That begin said if somebody decides to advise me a combo like man above than be prepared that i gonna ask you to explain me how to setup such configuration ( i am not a masta of internet :P).

Oh and one more thing, please forgive me for saying that but the router purchase can be in a near or far away future depending when i finish my pc and than plan on little things such as this ^^

It is ?   I suppose if you know z followed by (what looks like) an L with a line through it is a Zloty then OK else...

In the future (everywhere not just this forum) if you are asking for help/advice do everything you can, tell people your currency is Zlotys do not have people have to google it .

I had a tutor at college who used to travel around looking for WiFi networks to break into (war driving) for fun so as you say nothing is 100% secure.

However you can make your network harder to break into than the one next door and keep-out the non tech savvy who are looking for a free ride.

Not broadcasting your SSID is a waste of time, and filtering by MAC address is both time consuming/hard to manage and easily bypassed

To get the 90% security encrypt your data and have a strong password (WiFi) (WPA2)

To get five nines (99.999%)turn off the WiFi altogether and have only wired connections (I think the only way they can break in then is to gain physical access to the wires [or join NCIS and be able to decode the small variations in magnetic fields surrounding the wires.  :P  ])

Virtually all routers nowadays come with four LAN ports and will 'do' a WiFi signal too. (Probably configurable an a 'net interface)

Quite probably any ac or better router should use the sort of speeds you want

about my currency we got a special symbols that i wouldnt explain correctly as you did and sometimes we use PLN as currency symbol thats why it is hard to me to say what exacly currency we use. That begin said i though you would just search for a name of brand or a specific router in the shop that linked in first post and tell me about it becasue only huge number there is a price which once again i though its easy to notice ;p

bump cuz i think this one slowly dying ....