As someone who types hard and bottoms out their key 90% of the time, is it worth getting MX Blues?

Section35

Currently an MX Brown user,

Was looking at some MX Blue Keyboards, but I was wondering if instead I should go for Blacks/Clears/Greens/Reds?

I heard that bottoming out a blue key stops it from clicking and I don't want to waste money if that's the case.

Any keyboard recommendations while I'm here?

Hiya :)

Feel free to quote me in a reply so I can see your reply :)

NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO! DOn't buy Blues! I own a keyboard with them and  the sound is killing me! Travel is excellent but they're noisy as a concert! Don't buy MX blues! Buy reds or browns!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I woke the neighbors up when I bottom out my keys at 2AM on my Blackwidow so noise is definitely a factor. As for stopping it from clicking, I've been bottoming out my keys for almost 2 years now and they're still clicking like an alarm clock.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Bottoming out on Blues doesn't stop the clicking. How would someone think that? You'll just hear the clack of the keycap hitting the keyboard over the sound of the click of the switch. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I woke the neighbors up when I bottom out my keys at 2AM on my Blackwidow so noise is definitely a factor. As for stopping it from clicking, I've been bottoming out my keys for almost 2 years now and they're still clicking like an alarm clock.

is there a chance to get other switches for the blackwidow chroma keys? i think they use the "green"razer switches

visited my mate and wondered where the typewriter sound came from :D

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Blues are the best. I would love to buy greens, but keyboards with them are very scarce.

The sound is specifically why i chose blues. As far as I'm concerned, reds and blacks are totally pointless since they're just mushy...

When in doubt, re-format.

NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO! DOn't buy Blues! I own a keyboard with them and  the sound is killing me! Travel is excellent but they're noisy as a concert! Don't buy MX blues! Buy reds or browns!

Really? I love the loud click noise of the blues.

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

MX Greens may be best for you.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Love my blues, i like the brown ones i touched.

Never tried red.

Really? xD Are you a bat with supersonic hearing?

Because if i know you in real life i will purposely slam on my keyboards to irritate you xD.

P.S This is how i break my virgin 1k posts.

Love my blues, i like the brown ones i touched.

Never tried red.

Really? xD Are you a bat with supersonic hearing?

Because if i know you in real life i will purposely slam on my keyboards to irritate you xD.

I tried reds once when my friend had reds and they were not nearly as loud but not exactly what i'd call silent.

I was exaggerating a bit but the sound bothers me a terrible amount.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just broke mine this morning as well!

And if you like blues and browns, you will hate reds...I prefer cheap-o membrane kb's to reds.

I tried reds once when my friend had reds and they were not nearly as loud but not exactly what i'd call silent.

I was exaggerating a bit but the sound bothers me a terrible amount.

Getting little rubber o-rings for your keyboard really helps with the "bottoming out" noise, but shortens the total key travel. The bottom out noise is louder than the actual click the key makes so I highly recommend them. It may take a few minutes/hours to get used to the shorter travel, but I find it less fatiguing as it feels a little softer on your fingers when you do hit bottom.

If you already have a mech keyboard I wouldn't bother changing it for the switches unless the browns really bother you for some reason.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I like MX Red with O-Rings. You might want to consider MX Black + O-Rings if you bottom out all the time anyways. Also i see no reason to change from MX Browns if you like them.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

I tried every keyswitch possible. I went MX Browns. I liked the MX Blacks too although Mionix was the only brand doing them and well :/ I didn't like the keyboard (keys were amazing though). 

Blues are very nice, but very loud - even the Browns are rather loud but I love them.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

is there a chance to get other switches for the blackwidow chroma keys? i think they use the "green"razer switches

visited my mate and wondered where the typewriter sound came from :D

I'm actually using the 2013 version of the Blackwidow Ultimate with the Cherry switches. I know they made the Stealth Editions and they still continue to do so with their chroma line if I'm not mistaken.

But to answer your question, I don't think it's possible to get any other switches for the chroma since Razer has switched (Ha!) to their proprietary switches now. Unless you're willing to buy the older blackwidows with the cherry switches.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Bottoming out will not stop the clicking, but this is why I prefer using Gateron Blues as opposed to Cherry MX Blues. They have a more pronounced click so not only does it feel more satisfying but it makes me less likely to bottom out and thus type faster and quieter.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

I'm actually using the 2013 version of the Blackwidow Ultimate with the Cherry switches. I know they made the Stealth Editions and they still continue to do so with their chroma line if I'm not mistaken.

But to answer your question, I don't think it's possible to get any other switches for the chroma since Razer has switched (Ha!) to their proprietary switches now. Unless you're willing to buy the older blackwidows with the cherry switches.

he has a chroma and its damn clicky if he's typing

we already checked it and razer seems to use "razer green" switches for them

razer green is on the same clicky level as the mx blue

Cherry MX Brown should be same level as Razer Orange and not clicky

so swapping to the razer orange should be nice too but they dont offer something if you want to buy the keyboard :D

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

he has a chroma and its damn clicky if he's typing

we already checked it and razer seems to use "razer green" switches for them

razer green is on the same clicky level as the mx blue

Cherry MX Brown should be same level as Razer Orange and not clicky

so swapping to the razer orange should be nice too but they dont offer something if you want to buy the keyboard :D

Sounds like razer's still sticking to their normal and stealth naming schemes then. Imo I still trust a matured product like Cherry over a new and proprietary one like Razer's switches but that's my preference.

All in all, clicky is the normal blackwidows and silent clicky is the stealth blackwidows. Both has the same feel, it's just the sound that it produces.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Sounds like razer's still sticking to their normal and stealth naming schemes then. Imo I still trust a matured product like Cherry over a new and proprietary one like Razer's switches but that's my preference.

All in all, clicky is the normal blackwidows and silent clicky is the stealth blackwidows. Both has the same feel, it's just the sound that it produces.

feeling is nice i tried it too

just wanted to buy it for myself but that damn loud clicking...it could wake up a sleeping bear

stupid they dont offer the blackwidow chroma with a optional razer green/orange...

so you could go for the razer orange with the "equivalent" of mx brown, i know cherry is much better the new razer stuff

Spoiler

MX Greens may be best for you.

How hard are they to type on?

What do they sound like?

Are they good?

Hiya :)

Feel free to quote me in a reply so I can see your reply :)

feeling is nice i tried it too

just wanted to buy it for myself but that damn loud clicking...it could wake up a sleeping bear

stupid they dont offer the blackwidow chroma with a optional razer green/orange...

so you could go for the razer orange with the "equivalent" of mx brown, i know cherry is much better the new razer stuff

I haven't tried any of their switches so I can't comment on their feel vs my cherrys but I agree that they should have a cherry option available for the chroma line. Hike up the price if they need to because I would rather pay a premium for a tried and true name.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

How hard are they to type on?

What do they sound like?

Are they good?

They're like MX Blues, but heavier. They're great for people with larger hands, or heavy typists.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Get o-rings to place on the stem of the keycap to prevent them from bottoming.

Sound comparison video by Max Keyboard:

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10