Adding additional fans but only have one fan connector

CriticalTrees
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

Hello, I only have one connector for a case fan on my motherboard. I am wondering if there is any other way to install a fan with other connectors, any help is appreciated, thanks.

You can get fan splitters, usually a good rule of thumb is no more than 3-4 fans per motherboard header.

Hello, I only have one connector for a case fan on my motherboard. I am wondering if there is any other way to install a fan with other connectors, any help is appreciated, thanks.

I like chocolate milk.

You can get fan splitters, usually a good rule of thumb is no more than 3-4 fans per motherboard header.

You could also buy fans that use molex connectors that connect directly to the power supply instead of the motherboard

You could do it in a completely ghetto way using the DIY Fan Hub guide in my signature. Its free!

i have a system next to me thats currently using it, but with a bodge wire to the on-board fan connector pwm pins, because i'm using a system that requires a working 60mm 5400rpm and 80mm 2000 rpm fan to boot, and i only have low rpm 120mm fans.

used this trick to get them to run full tilt, while the mobo thinks they're at lowest speed.