How long do LEDs on a Keyboard usually last?

TheMidnightNarwhal
Go to solution Solved by TheMidnightNarwhal,

Ha ha ha. If anyone interested, it's not actually broken, I was just on the selectable lighted key profile where you can choose which keys are lit up and which are not and I just didn't knew I was on there  :D

I have had a Corsair K70 for over a year and a half now and 1 LED just died. Is this something common or they should last much longer?

The LEDs on my G19 have lasted more than a year.

It depends on the LED.

I used to be quite active here.

I don't know how being in a keyboard may affect lifespan, but on average, LEDs in general can last well over 10000 hours, up to the many tens of thousands so I guess anywhere from a little over a year to 10+ years would be reasonable.  Sorry I know that's kind of a stupid range :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Also rocking a G19, but since 4 years and all LED's are still working.

i7-6700k @ 4,6Ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Ti Hydro Copper | Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB @ 3000MHz | Corsair 760T V2 EVGA SuperNova 1000W P2 | Samsung 850 EVO 1TB EKWB Custom Loop | 6x Noctua Industrial PPC Fans

Display's: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | ASUS PB278QR | Peripherals: Logitech G19 | Roccat Nyth | Sennheiser HD600 + ModMic 4.0

A somewhat decent LED should at least last for ~10 000 hours before it starts to lose birgthnes, but until it finally dies you shiuld get way more. Was the LED in 24/7?

Also I think the driver died before the LED.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

They last forever if you have a soldering iron and a few spares.

well that's not really the same LED though is it

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

corsair is known for shit quality LEDs. ive had my max keyboard blackbird for like 2 years now and LEDs are fine

well, the few leds on my ancient logitech g110 still work

i heard something about the leds on individually backlit keyboards dying isnt due to them going trough the expected life cycle, but ESD from the key going up and down.

A somewhat decent LED should at least last for ~10 000 hours before it starts to lose birgthnes, but until it finally dies you shiuld get way more. Was the LED in 24/7?

Also I think the driver died before the LED.

No they're not on 24/7.

They should last for years and years. Not had a single one die on mine and I've had it for almost two years.

Ha ha ha. If anyone interested, it's not actually broken, I was just on the selectable lighted key profile where you can choose which keys are lit up and which are not and I just didn't knew I was on there  :D