GPU fan always resets to 0% speed

Go to solution Solved by Opacrux,

Manged to fix this by downloading a DDU app and reinstalling all driver software, seams to be fixed now.

GPU: AMD Radeon, R7 370 Series

So, I was recently updating my GPU driver to the new Radeon Software, Crimson Edition. Now when I boot up my PC the GPU fan is set at 0% speed. At first it was set at 100% speed and I had to manually set it to 'Auto' mode, but now when it boots up at 0% I sometimes see the system go up to very high temperatures before I remember to put the fan to 'Auto' and I'm afraid that something will start melting if I can't fix this.

Is there any way to save the speed to 'Auto' mode?

Other people seem to also have this problem but I don't know if there's a fix for it :/

Lol. Still having issues, AMD? Update drivers again.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Meh, no issues here since the launch, it's something on his side most likely

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Meh, no issues here since the launch, it's something on his side most likely

Some have had issues with GPU' s melting because of weird compatibility issues and previous settings. A patch was released to fix it.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

Some have had issues with GPU' s melting because of weird compatibility issues and previous settings. A patch was released to fix it.

Wasn't the issue only for the Fury series?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I've downloaded all the newest vertions and the updater says the software is up to date

Wasn't the issue only for the Fury series?

No... It was mainly an issue with older cards like the 200 series. People had 290' s melting.

Do you have any other overclocking utilities? MSI afterburner, etc.

Those are what were causing the majority of issues with crimson drivers

Specs: i7 4790k, r9 280 windforce OC, 8gb hyperx fury 1866 RAM, z97 PC Mate, 256gb mx100, black pearl r4, 2tb WD Red (soon)

Do you have any other overclocking utilities? MSI afterburner, etc.

Those are what were causing the majority of issues with crimson drivers

No, I've never tried overclocking and I don't have any GPU drivers installed besides the Radeon Software.

Manged to fix this by downloading a DDU app and reinstalling all driver software, seams to be fixed now.