AMD AIBs Prepare Cost Effective Radeon R9 390 Models With 4 GB Memory

Mr_Troll

It looks like it will be another Chinese exclusive, why is AMD so China ordinated? I don't get it.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/amd_r9_390_4gb_gpus_will_only_come_to_the_chinese_market/1

AMD really should bring this to the States and cannibalize the 970. If they sold this at $269 or even $289 it would worry Nvidia a little.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I remember those both going for $330 when they came out.

That was their launch price to which all of the 390s launched at that price. The rebates came shortly after.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Mostly because it's a HUGE exploding market. As the Chinese economy expanded in the late 2000's, literally millions of people suddenly became "middle class" and could start to afford more luxury purchases.

Also without consoles the chinese really have the options of PC gaming or nothing when it comes to gaming.

-------

Current Rig

-------

AMD really should bring this to the States and cannibalize the 970. If they sold this at $269 or even $289 it would worry Nvidia a little.

Can't "cannibalize" a product from a rival, but fair point.

-------

Current Rig

-------