Why there isn't teamwork in online games. And the Metagame.

Funny enough. In game like Rocket League team play doesn't really exist. Even when whole game idea is based on that. Everybody wants to be at front, nobody defends or plays for others. Its really sad. Even when I like to play smart and be the one taking it slow.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

In competitive games teamwork is to be expected, not so much in pubs, though it helps.

Even games centered around teamwork don't have much of it in pubs anymore. I'd dare to say even BF4 has more teamwork than TF2 pub matches anymore. I do try to support if possible, but nearly everyone only thinks of themselves and give next to no crap about teammates. For example just try to play as the Medic; almost no-one protects you, and everyone is out to get you. The lack of teamwork, and lack of skills on a lot of pub matches get to a point where I might as well go combat medic (not neglecting healing, but not prioritizing it) and get better results... It's worse with Engineer; most of the more experienced players are combat Engies, because no-one bothers to support a full nest, might as well get on the field. And now they nerfed it too to encourage teamwork... There's a reason it's the least played class in the game.

Because there is no incentive for teamwork, since I can get more score and have more fun, by just going for kills or doing crazy shit Instead of strategically flanking the enemy team, I can just jump over them all with a shotgun and have a laugh

Since I am not playing competitively, there is no incentive to winning, and no repercussions for losing, I am playing for fun

Fact: sometimes when playing games I will pick the worst guns to use, just because its fun, like playing Battlefield and deciding that for the next 20 minutes im only going to use a pistol and flashbangs, - I dont care if we lose, I just want to have fun

As long as "kills" or whatever are the main focus of the game, everyone will just do this, when I play battlefield, cod etc , I am not really  playing to win, In fact, sometimes I join games with infinite time/tickets so I can just play for the longest time without the game stopping - I just want to shoot people and blow shit up, and I prefer having real enemies to fight because AI is wank

Not to say this is ALWAYS the case, many times I will join a game with 3 or 4 friends and we will be top squad, and play the objective, but sometimes I just want to dick around

Pub matches do get to this for me as well: pick something bad (like aforementioned combat Medic example in TF2, or any "weak" pistol + knife only in BF4) or something I rarely use, to keep things interesting. Even possibly try some stupid tactics and just try to do well. Not everything has to be done according to the metagame. Does one expect to take every match seriously after a few hundred hours, if not a few thousand hours into the game?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Does one expect to take every match seriously after a few hundred hours, if not a few thousand hours into the game?

exactly ive put like 400 hours into BF4, now I will just try and see if I can park a quad bike on top of a roof

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

exactly ive put like 400 hours into BF4, now I will just try and see if I can park a quad bike on top of a roof

Depends on roof... On Siege of Shanghai the only place I see commanders dropping quads, is the top-roof of conquest point C (tower). :lol:

I don't know how long I've played BF4, but enough to do silly stuff already. TF2 though... 2050+ hours.

It gets frustrating when you try your best and teammates are not up to scratch but the opposing team are good, and when both teams are bad and you stand on top of the scoreboard, winning gets boring. It eventually gets to something silly like try to kill someone with only a Fan-O-War melee weapon (did 3 damage every 0,5 seconds before "buff". For comparison: weakest classes have 125HP by default) or take on a Heavy (300HP class) with just a bat (35 damage per 0,5 seconds). Most of the time those silly plans don't exactly go well, but when they do, it feels glorious (and opponent might feel humiliated).

Either that, or not even bother with killing and just troll for example by playing "Dodge the Snipers" as any class., preferably a Soldier while rocket jumping everywhere. Good luck getting hit.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.