Music skipping, pausing for 1 second on random intervals.

ArinBane

Guys I have a really annoying problem with the music playing/players on my PC , The problem that the music and the player I am playing it in freezes for a second every 20-30 seconds aprox.

I used foobar 2000 for 5-6 years now and I never had this problem before.

I tried using different players an it happens in all of them , winamp, windows media player, VLC player, windows media player classic, all have the same problem , however I do not have problems playing youtube videos or watching movies or playing games.

only music as mp3 , flac, wav formats:

the collections I own is has been building over 15 years , I again , I never had these problems.

More info:
rig:
i7-4790k ,
16gb RAM, 
GTX 980 Ti ,
120GB SSD, 1TB WD Green, 500GB WD Green
with windows 8.1 Pro OS installed.

the music is located on 500GB one , I tried putting it on 1TB its the same,
it does not happen if I play the music from SSD however , but I do not think it is the problem with the harddrives since I owned 5.400 rpm ones before and I was playing the same music on much weaker computers than the current setup , ,hell some of the same music plays perfectly on the android phone,

The disk usage in task manager show 0% with no spikes , especially the drive where the music is located , calm as fuck,

CPU usage is steady 0% to 3% during the testing I have made with the problem I have.

I have checked the hard drives for error or bad sectors , they do not have any
they are not fragmented at all , I have checked that too,

I have reinstalled drivers several times , it does not help.

I haven't tried reinstalling windows yet cuz I wanna leave that as my last options.

pplease ppl if anyone knows what might be the problem I would appreciate the help cuz this is really driving me nuts, I have a lot of work to do as I am a designer and only thing that is helping me with the inspiration and will to do that is the music I keep constantly paying while I work.

thank you.

“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite.”

run crystaldiskinfo and see if all drives say "good"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

run crystaldiskinfo and see if all drives say "good"

SSD: good

1 TB WD: says caution - reallocated sectors count

500G GB (where the music is) : good 

“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite.”

SSD: good

1 TB WD: says caution - reallocated sectors count

500G GB (where the music is) : good 

k well you should replace the 1TB one for sure

not sure why it happens with the 500GB one then, it could be an issue with the controller

if thats the problem it wouldnt show up on crystaldiskinfo

replace the 1TB one with a new HDD, then put your music on that new drive

if it stops happening then it is definitely an issue with the 500GB one, and you dont need to do a clean install

when a hard drive has issues like this its almost impossible to fix, replacing is the only option

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

k well you should replace the 1TB one for sure

not sure why it happens with the 500GB one then, it could be an issue with the controller

if thats the problem it wouldnt show up on crystaldiskinfo

replace the 1TB one with a new HDD, then put your music on that new drive

if it stops happening then it is definitely an issue with the 500GB one, and you dont need to do a clean install

when a hard drive has issues like this its almost impossible to fix, replacing is the only option

whoa slow down, am not gonna do that until I really have no other option , money is an issue for the moment, I will more testing . but while I do it I want to collect more information from ppl at formus if they had some similar problems.

whoa slow down, am not gonna do that until I really have no other option , money is an issue for the moment, I will more testing . but while I do it I want to collect more information from ppl at formus if they had some similar problems.

clearly this is a hardware problem

you fix it by replacing the parts with issues...

I could understand money being an issue for replacing something expensive like a GPU or motherboard, but there is no way that you cant get $30 or $40 to buy a new drive

Spoiler