Android - Java Dying?

So one of my friends told me a while ago that Java was dying but he didn't say in what way and I was also told that Android is written in Java. So my question is, is Java the base for android and if so, is it dying? Do you guys think they'll switch soon to something else? 

Java is the base for Minecraft, and as such, if Java dies 6 year olds across the world will riot.

Build: i5-4460 | GT 720 | Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Corsair M65 Mouse | Dell e2314h Monitor | Windows 10

Generic Dell: Mobo, 8gb RAM, 430w PSU, 1TB Storage, XPS 8700 Case

He is probably speaking about how people are uninstalling Java from their PC. Java has gotten a whole lot less secure over the years, so I dont think it's dying.. But the use on PC is probably declining.

But this really doesn't have a whole lot to do with Android development IMO, but I have heard about other programming languages, other than Java, for Android so maybe they will take over. May take some more time though before that happens

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So one of my friends told me a while ago that Java was dying but he didn't say in what way and I was also told that Android is written in Java. So my question is, is Java the base for android and if so, is it dying? Do you guys think they'll switch soon to something else? 

I'm pretty sure Android Runtime(ART) is moving away from Java, which Java was pretty much the base of dalvik(the old runtime). I'm not sure though, there is a good chance I'm wrong with this one.

Android apps are written in Java. Android itself is a mix of C, C++ and Java.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

What generally makes a language last long?

if it can do a lot, has good performance (for example can execute complicated things with minimal amount of command) and can adapt.

Sometimes adapted versions of language make it to something else.

Like for example C is a really complicated language used to make operating system for example. C++ is easier, but seems to be less strong and mostly used for stuff inside the OS. While C# is even easier, but even less strong. This one is used in other programs inside of these OS'.

WHat I'm saying: these are all languages based on 1, but used for completely different stuff. mostly different as in how 'strong' they are.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

performance, difficulty of making a program in said language, and exploits (java has lots of them)

also availability (aka if its pre installed on computers) and flexibility (aka it has all the things one man could need, and it doesnt need to update all the time (like java))

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

if it can do a lot, has good performance (for example can execute complicated things with minimal amount of command) and can adapt.

Sometimes adapted versions of language make it to something else.

Like for example C is a really complicated language used to make operating system for example. C++ is easier, but seems to be less strong and mostly used for stuff inside the OS. While C# is even easier, but even less strong. This one is used in other programs inside of these OS'.

WHat I'm saying: these are all languages based on 1, but used for completely different stuff. mostly different as in how 'strong' they are.

Are there languages that reaches all three main platforms? 

Are there languages that reaches all three main platforms? 

Each language has some targeted usage. With C/C++ you can code many things on many systems (desktop and mobile). With .NET platform (including C#) you can Windows apps much easier. Using objective-C and C the same for OS X. JAVA is/was supposed to be "write once run anywhere", but that's not that easy. It's still widely used to make web and desktop applications, but web applets died and for good reasons - user could easily run a JAVA applet on a webpage and it was hard to tell if that applet was good or malicious. I use Python, and as a developer I mostly create web applications, but I did some basic GUI apps as well.

Most of Java's usage is in back-end, enterprise stuff. Java's performance and security in desktop applications is less optimal than a language which does not use a virtual machine, such as C++, so Java is barely used on the desktop. TBH the only desktop programs I know coded in Java are Jetbrains IntelliJ Idea, Geogebra. If i recall correctly, OpenOffice/LibreOffice formerly used only a little bit of Java. 

Sometimes I wish that Google would ditch Java in Android & rewrite the whole system on C# or something... Imagine the speed & fluidity...

[emoji17]