looking to build a new rig(gaming/rendering/showpiece)

Go to solution Solved by GER_T4IGA,

for what I have planned for my future in hardware and software for at least the next year or two

it needs to be a stunning just absolute showoff

so any recommendations for hardware like main system components that are good price for value

Just tell us what you want to use it for.

Almost any PC will last you 2+ years.

you can make it look nice regardless (as I said before).

So you are looking for a bang for your buck machine(and that does NOT eual cheap) that looks nice.

I just wanted to establish this standpoint so we finally have somewhere to start.

I don't know what you are going to do with it, but if it's just for the looks and everybody wants it... then... I came up with this.

Cpu: i7 6700k

Mobo: Asus Maximus VIII Hero

Ram: 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V, DDR4 2666MHz

Gpu: GTX 980 Ti, Asus Strix edition

Psu: Corsair AX860i

Cpu Cooling: Corsair GTX H110i 280mm

Case: Corsair Carbide Clear 600C

+

Corsair Power Cable Kit

Power Cable

NZXT CB-LED20-WT

______

Total: $2015

Don't buy the 980 Ti Strix PLEASE!

(btw I recommend the partpcier-part in my signature  ;)  )

ok so I have a basic system I got for like a hundred bucks and it is just too mediocre for what I have planned for my future in hardware and software for at least the next year or two. its going to have a whole room dedicated to it and my network gear im getting, so it needs to be a stunning just absolute showoff and I need to get a parts list together but, research is just so ehh boring. so any recommendations for hardware like main system components that are good price for value but still something I could make people wish they had it without being hey what a douchebag level of bling. Thanks, Trout.

devouttroutvideos@gmail.com

Hey dude, 

What is the price point? Also what are you planning to do with the PC? 

This way we can help you by suiting to your needs.

I wouldn't recommend posting your email address.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I wouldn't recommend posting your email address.

its my youtube email, its made to soak up the spam and ads from being trolled on youtube

would never post my personal email address.

its my youtube email, its made to soak up the spam and ads from being trolled on youtube

would never post my personal email address.

Well, ok then. Why are you posting it, though? We don't need it.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

How much are you willing to spend?

I haven't really set a budget yet but max $2000 USD

for the main build, not the storage or my personal wants

ok so I have a basic system I got for like a hundred bucks and it is just too mediocre for what I have planned for my future in hardware and software for at least the next year or two. its going to have a whole room dedicated to it and my network gear im getting, so it needs to be a stunning just absolute showoff and I need to get a parts list together but, research is just so ehh boring. so any recommendations for hardware like main system components that are good price for value but still something I could make people wish they had it without being hey what a douchebag level of bling. Thanks, Trout.

devouttroutvideos@gmail.com

That's very inspecific but if you want non stupid amounts of power... Leme think...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

That's very inspecific but if you want non stupid amounts of power... Leme think...

in response to that I want it overbuilt so I don't have to upgrade so much unless I am really just falling behind and I have as of now

in response to that I want it overbuilt so I don't have to upgrade so much unless I am really just falling behind and I have as of now

Overbuilding as future-proofness is a terrible concept. Build for what you need now and might need tomorrow

but DON'T think your will be better of buying a stupidly pricy part today so your system serves you well next week. That is NOT how it works.

Build a system that can do a little more than what you need now and save your money.

You can still upgrade down the line when technology has moved on and you REALLY need that improvement.

And btw you can make it look fancy regardless.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

I don't know what you are going to do with it, but if it's just for the looks and everybody wants it... then... I came up with this.

+

Corsair Power Cable Kit

Power Cable

NZXT CB-LED20-WT

______

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

for what I have planned for my future in hardware and software for at least the next year or two

it needs to be a stunning just absolute showoff

so any recommendations for hardware like main system components that are good price for value

Just tell us what you want to use it for.

Almost any PC will last you 2+ years.

you can make it look nice regardless (as I said before).

So you are looking for a bang for your buck machine(and that does NOT eual cheap) that looks nice.

I just wanted to establish this standpoint so we finally have somewhere to start.

+

Corsair Power Cable Kit

Power Cable

NZXT CB-LED20-WT

______

Don't buy the 980 Ti Strix PLEASE!

(btw I recommend the partpcier-part in my signature  ;)  )

3.Use

+

Corsair Power Cable Kit

Power Cable

NZXT CB-LED20-WT

______

That was more bling-bling build. For more future proof I can offer you this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XbcBXL

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

That was more bling-bling build. For more future proof I can offer you this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xJjN8d

There is no such thing as "futurePROOF". You can only have suspicions and aproximisations about needs and develompents.

Also the 390X is not a contendor for the 980 Ti. Therefore it is neither more futureproof than a 980 Ti nor is is futureproof at all as I stated above.

3.Use

There is no such thing as "futurePROOF". You can only have suspicions and aproximisations about needs and develompents.

Also the 390X is not a contendor for the 980 Ti. Therefore it is neither more futureproof than a 980 Ti nor is is futureproof at all as I stated above.

That's why i said "more future proof", meaning it will last for longer due to more horsepower. And yes 390x isn't as good as the 980 ti, but in the build i made it has 2x 390x's. It will blow the 980 ti out of the water.

Edit: I don't know why only the 390X link was posted. I fixed it.

That's why i said "more future proof", meaning it will last for longer due to more horsepower. And yes 390x isn't as good as the 980 ti, but in the build i made it has 2x 390x's. It will blow the 980 ti out of the water.

Edit: I don't know why only the 390X link was posted. I fixed it.

unfortunatly for the amd cards i prefer the nvidia 980t1 and i do plan to run two of those anyways for redundancy purposes because why not. plus i plan at some point to set up custom water cooling for the whole system. so the heat will be well dissapated

unfortunatly for the amd cards i prefer the nvidia 980t1 and i do plan to run two of those anyways for redundancy purposes because why not. plus i plan at some point to set up custom water cooling for the whole system. so the heat will be well dissapated

Okay then. But you with that will go over the 2000$ mark. Then the build I made the first time is good enough.

Okay then. But you with that will go over the 2000$ mark. Then the build I made the first time is good enough.

without a doubt my budget is still just a number i made up for a base line, im going to over-build so if i need the extra power i dont have to waste time adding components