Stripe size for raid10?

Slater

Hi there guys i have a question i'd like to have answered.

(For context on my situation please refer to the first post of my previous thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/49113-raid-10-for-fraps/)

What stripe size should i use for my raid 10 array knowing that i'll be recording large files to it, but keeping in mind that it is also going to be used for storage of other files such as documents, pictures, videos, program installers and also video editting?

I've read that usually its best to have a bigger stripe size and i think it would help the actual video recording files. But what about the other files, especially if i start installing games on there should my SSD fill up?

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

Simple: do some benchmarks to check out which stripe size works out best for you...

I usually go with the default setting, because I'm too lazy to do actual testing. If you really want to know what is best for your application, then test with your application ;)

128K and call it a day, you can play with the other options till the end of time, everyone uses 128K unless its a RAID 10 for a Database.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.