should i get a ssd

pcman365

should i get an ssd i currently have a 1tb wd blue and my system boots in about 25 seconds im thinking of getting an ssd for the os to boot on and what ssds are good ones

Samsung 850 Evo! :D

i have it! and i love it! put your OS in it and some open world games or any games that loads slow and you will notice a difference :B

so basically, it improve loading games :D

AMDr Ryzen 5 3600 | ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0| 8GB Ram |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G | CM MasterBox Q300L | Primary: Samsung Evo 850 250GB

Secondary: WD Blue 1 TB | Cooler Master V850

should i get an ssd i currently have a 1tb wd blue and my system boots in about 25 seconds im thinking of getting an ssd for the os to boot on and what ssds are good ones

Yes. You can take a look at Samsung 850 EVO, Crucial BX100, Adata SP600, Corsair. No Kingston v300s. Many people choose them since they are cheap but they are actually very slow compared to the others on the market.

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

Yes. If you dont have an ssd it is always a good idea to get an ssd. I recommend a Samsung 850 evo. 

Yes, Mine is a Samsung 840 and it's great. My PC usually loads to desktop by time i sit down and put on my headset.

【=◈︿◈=】

\\ CPU i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz(1.26v) \\ GPU | 1070 FE 8GB  // Audio FiiO E10k / AT M50X //

\\ Monitor | LG 29UM69G-B \\ Phone LG G6 H870DS // Nintendo Switch //

One thing to keep in mind when having an SSD is to be careful with massive files because that can completely destroy them fairly quickly, I learned that with my first SSD and thankfully corsair gave me a replacement, I would recommend a Corsair Neutron XT, but I have also heard that there are some amazingly fast Samsung ones out there 

SSD is a single best upgrade you could do for your PC, once you go SSD you never go back! I have my system and one or two games on ssd and rest is on second hard drive. 

It depends how you use your system. For my use, I have a Kingston V300 120GB SSD (yes, I know, I'll be swapping it out for an 850 EVO at some point) and a Toshiba 3TB 7200rpm HDD. My SSD is used for my OS and frequently used programs such as Chrome, driver software etc etc, and my HDD is used for everything else, including games.

I like to be able to quickly boot my system (as someone who turns their PC off every night) and get running into Chrome quick, but I am personally not so bothered about game loading times, given that it doesn't take the piss. If you ARE bothered by loading times, you will need a larger SSD, which incurs additional cost.

I would say the most cost effective method is to use a 250GB SSD for OS and such, and a 1-2TB HDD for mass storage of movies and video games. 

I also love my SSD, being able to quickly boot up and jump into Chrome is a God send.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Crucial BX100.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yes, you should get AN SSD

Trust me, even a not too expencive one will help. One tip, go for at least a 240GB one, 120 just doesn't cut it for me, even if I can be bothered to move all my games and stuff off of it

Failed to load signature. Error 404 - Witty comment not found

SSD is a mist with prices going down and sales going on (u missed all black friday and cyber monday deals...).

Not only SSD is faster, but its silent :)

My boot time on Evo 840 is about 15 sec at most.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Yes. You can take a look at Samsung 850 EVO, Crucial BX100, Adata SP600, Corsair. No Kingston v300s. Many people choose them since they are cheap but they are actually very slow compared to the others on the market.

Exactly stay away from the Kingston v300 they used to be good until Kingston switched out the nand-flash now there barely faster then a HDD if you have a M.2 slot on your MOBO definitly get a m.2 ssd like the samsung 850 pro but if you just have sata the 850 pro "sata version" is great 2 link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LF10L02/ref=twister_B00M0QYEWC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

heads up tho i just got a 850 for 40$ on ebay new in a bidding so keep your eyes open there as well 

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

Yes. You won't believe how snapier your computer gets. For day to day use it is incredible. Even a 60 GB one if that is all youcan afford. Just install OS and basic programs there and you are golden!

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

One thing to keep in mind when having an SSD is to be careful with massive files because that can completely destroy them fairly quickly, I learned that with my first SSD and thankfully corsair gave me a replacement, I would recommend a Corsair Neutron XT, but I have also heard that there are some amazingly fast Samsung ones out there 

I've had my 840 pros for almost 3 years, getting destroyed by files is more often cheap crap nand that was used awhile ago. SLC is good and can take the abuse, then MLC, then TLC lowest on the list of those 3. IDK about 3D nand yet and any long term outlooks.