Getting a new setup

God_Of_War145
Go to solution Solved by helping,

7970 or

well, if you don't know the other half of that statement, soon

oh and don't buy that headset, and definitely don't buy it if you're not using the mic. Get a decent pair of headphones and a mic, something which you will also learn, soon

any reason you want razer stuff so much? they're pretty meh

I am planning on getting a new setup for my computer and was wondering what i should get for it. I know i am going to get a Geforce GTX 760, but i was trying to decide on whether to get a new CPU and MOBO, or just get some peripherals. I plan on getting a Razer mouse pad, Razer naga, Razer anansi, and a Razer Kraken (no mic). What would you do if you plan on gaming?

7970 or

oh and don't buy that headset, and definitely don't buy it if you're not using the mic. Get a decent pair of headphones and a mic, something which you will also learn, soon

Error: 410

It depends on your current cpu, mobo, ram, etc. and wheter they would significantly bottleneck that 760.

What hardware are you currently running in your computer?

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

first of all, if you plan on gaming you need a headset with mic... Dont get razer headsets, they are cool and expensive. Mousepad, the general consens os Steelseries Qck, mouse.. I prefer Logitech G600 over naga....

Anyways, what is your actual Mobo and CPU? coz you will need that to game, while peripherals are not so important.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

7970 or

Razer, i have no idea xD Ill look around. I already have a Blue Yeti as a mic so i have no need.

It depends on your current cpu, mobo, ram, etc. and wheter they would significantly bottleneck that 760.

What hardware are you currently running in your computer?

first of all, if you plan on gaming you need a headset with mic... Dont get razer headsets, they are cool and expensive. Mousepad, the general consens os Steelseries Qck, mouse.. I prefer Logitech G600 over naga....

Anyways, what is your actual Mobo and CPU? coz you will need that to game, while peripherals are not so important.

Naga, is because i play alot of league and minecraft, so it will certainly help me. MOBO: ASROCK 890GX Extreme3 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T. Wanting a Intel I5 and a decent motherboard. 

Razer, i have no idea xD Ill look around. I already have a Blue Yeti as a mic so i have no need.

Then just get a pair of normal decent quality headphones. Open back is probably what you're looking for.

I'd avoid razer stuff like the plague, Logitech has better support and many other companies have better build quality aside from not looking as gaudy, but that's just my opinion.

Consider the G600, when I played league I loved this mouse to death. You can map literally everything to it, it's more comfortable than a Naga for me and the third click comes really useful as a designated Attack move bound mouse click.

If you can get a really good overclock on that CPU, you don't really need to upgrade that badly. Upgrading to Haswell platform isn't that bad of an idea.

Then just get a normal decent quality headset. Open back is probably what you're looking for.

I'd avoid razer stuff like the plague, Logitech has better support and many other companies have better build quality aside from not looking as gaudy, but that's just my opinion.

Consider the G600, when I played league I loved this mouse to death. You can map literally everything to it, it's more comfortable than a Naga for me and the third click comes really useful as a designated Attack move bound mouse click.

Not really looking for style. I'm looking for a headset for gaming and dubstep (I'm a basshead)

EDIT: If it really is that great, i may get the G600 :)

Naga, is because i play alot of league and minecraft, so it will certainly help me. MOBO: ASROCK 890GX Extreme3 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T. Wanting a Intel I5 and a decent motherboard. 

That is still a decent cpu and board. You wont see a difference in gaming performance compared to the i5.

So I'd say go for some periphs. Eventhough a lot of guys on the internet say Razer has a lot of downsides, I got to say I have been using a Razer Mamba for 4 years now, and except the died battery it works 100% fine. I have been using a Black Widow Ultimate for 3.5 years now, got a little greasy but still works 100%, all switches are perfectly fine, one led died. And also my goliathus m which I bought with my mouse is now in use with my parrents computer and it still does its job.

So I do highly recommend Razer products.

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I use a logitech G430 and i love them

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

That is still a decent cpu and board. You wont see a difference in gaming performance compared to the i5.

So I'd say go for some periphs. Eventhough a lot of guys on the internet say Razer has a lot of downsides, I got to say I have been using a Razer Mamba for 4 years now, and except the died battery it works 100% fine. I have been using a Black Widow Ultimate for 3.5 years now, got a little greasy but still works 100%, all switches are perfectly fine, one led died. And also my goliathus m which I bought with my mouse is now in use with my parrents computer and it still does its job.

So I do highly recommend Razer products.

Okay :) Are mechanical keyboards really that great? I have heard different opinions about them and it was a 60%= great 40%= terrible

Not really looking for style. I'm looking for a headset for gaming and dubstep (I'm a basshead)

Style was icing on the cake as my recommendation against. I can't recommend a headset with a good sound stage and bass, you might want to consult the audio forum.

Okay :) Are mechanical keyboards really that great? I have heard different opinions about them and it was a 60%= great 40%= terrible

Mechanical is the way to go, where did you hear otherwise? You'll feel awkward and gross using a rubber dome once you get used to a blue/red/brown mechanical. ;)

My preference is membrane keyboards, i dont like Mechanicals, but that is something you cannot know until you have tried it yourself. You should go to a store and type out a couple of paragraphs...

You dont need to change your CPU or Mobo, they are fine, just get some nice overclock on them and you can have them another yar, more or less... 

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

I advise you to try one out in local store. As far as I know 95% of people that ver tried them like them a lot over membrane keyboards. And a lot of people have even multiple mechanical keyboards, because all swith types feel great in their own way.

As said, I have been using mech keyboards for a few years now, and I even got my parrents one (Mionix Zibal 60, Linus' favourite) and they love it.

And I also would never go back, unless for mobile (laptop) use. Everytime I have to type on the mebrane keyboards in school, I feel very limited and slowed down in typing.

I advise you to try one out in local store. As far as I know 95% of people that ver tried them like them a lot over membrane keyboards. And a lot of people have even multiple mechanical keyboards, because all swith types feel great in their own way.

As said, I have been using mech keyboards for a few years now, and I even got my parrents one (Mionix Zibal 60, Linus' favourite) and they love it.

And I also would never go back, unless for mobile (laptop) use. Everytime I have to type on the mebrane keyboards in school, I feel very limited and slowed down in typing.

Okay :) What would your recommendation be for a great mechanical keyboard? Would YOU recommend the Mionix Zibal 60?

I recommend trying different switch types. They are all very different.

I have tried and used a few ones and if I had to recommend a keyboard with a special switch type id say:

for blues: Razer Black Widow

for browns: Logitech G710+

for blacks: Mionix Zibal 60

for reds: Corsair K70

What would I do? I would drop a lot of those razer peripherals for one. They have good mice, thats about it. There are better keyboards for the price, way better headsets, and mousemat... really? If you really like bass (I'm a basshead, love dubstep), look into the DT990s thats what I use the 250 Ohm Pro versions are only 160 dollars on amazon when I got them, though you will need an amp to drive them. 

For keyboards? Ducky Shine 3, they have every LED variation and all the different MX Cherries you could want, except clear. 

What would I do? I would drop a lot of those razer peripherals for one. They have good mice, thats about it. There are better keyboards for the price, way better headsets, and mousemat... really? 

Mousemat, the goliathus extended speed. :) I know i want the mouse, but im not sure about headset/keyboards.

Mousemat, the goliathus extended speed. :) I know i want the mouse, but im not sure about headset/keyboards.

With the mousemat that is all marketing... trust me.

Yeah the mouse is good, no joke, but you really don't want the headset or keyboard. 

I used to be a GIANT Razer fanboy, I had Razer everything (even console peripherals), now all I have is a Razer mouse (not even a very good one, but its lasted forrrrever). 

$750. I have about $375 for peripherals.

Then get a 7950/7970 and when you can afford it get a new mobo/CPU for peripherals I would go AT ATH-M50 with a Fiio E10 a G600 if you want the buttons if not G9x and then a Ducky to the flavour of your liking

Then get a 7950/7970 and when you can afford it get a new mobo/CPU for peripherals I would go AT ATH-M50 with a Fiio E10 a G600 if you want the buttons if not G9x and then a Ducky to the flavour of your liking

What 7970 would you get if you want good cooling yet quiet? I heard many good things about Asus Direct CU II cooling. Okay :) I will get the video card and peripherals! 

With the mousemat that is all marketing... trust me.

Yeah the mouse is good, no joke, but you really don't want the headset or keyboard. 

I used to be a GIANT Razer fanboy, I had Razer everything (even console peripherals), now all I have is a Razer mouse (not even a very good one, but its lasted forrrrever). 

Okay, thanks for the help, i have a lot of choices to make xD

What 7970 would you get if you want good cooling yet quiet? I heard many good things about Asus Direct CU II cooling. Okay :) I will get the video card and peripherals!

Asus, Sapphire would be both good choices, but it all comes down to which one you like the most they all perform roughly the same