Pascal 4k on Single GPU

Avolate

I plan on upgrading my gaming PC when Pascal is released.   An entirely new build with a Gsync monitor to match with it.

Right now I am using 1080p 60hz monitor with i5 2500k, GTX 580, 8 gigs ram, /w a SSD.

It scores about 35 average FPS with Valley and does ok still on most new games with High settings.   Back when I built it about 5 years ago it was getting 60 FPS or above on games.

Do you guys think Pascal will be able to do over 60 FPS in new games on 4k with a single GPU ?

I know that currently 4k is limited to 60 FPS because of Displayport limitations, but the new Pascal GPU's should come with a new version of display port that allows higher refresh rate at 4k.

Display port 1.4a will do 4k @ 120hz

Will we have to wait for newer monitors to pair with the Pascal GPU's ?

I believe the monitor technology will be there, it probably already is. But I doubt pascal will be able to push 4k. I imagine that 1440p will be doable. 

But I doubt 4k single gpu. 

It's a possibility, but don't get your hopes up. I'd say what's more realistic to look forward to is 50FPS in 4k on a single card on the first line of Pascal, and 90FPS in 4k on two cards on the first line of Pascal.

I imagine maybe a few months down the road on the 2 or 3rd release of a pascal card, we'd see 60+ fps on a single card. Maybe even 70.

We don't know. Pascal isn't out yet.

But there is a possibility.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

A single 980 ti can push 45-50fps on most titles already. I can only imagine what xx80 ti pascal model might be able to accomplish.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

A single 980 ti can push 45-50fps on most titles already. I can only imagine what xx80 ti pascal model might be able to accomplish.

Not on any demanding titles... Lol.

and I lel'd at "dost thou even hoist, brethren?"

I think 4K is definitely possible. Titan X is around 40 to 50 fps in 4K so the next flagship card (Pascal) should be able to push 60fps 4K.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

Not on any demanding titles... Lol.

Besides the witcher 3, crysis 3 and metro last light, what other "demanding" titles are there? Plus, the witcher 3 is only demading if you enable hairworks. I'd be willing to bet anyone 10-1 odds that nvidia's next flagship ti model will be able to handle 4K with ease.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I use a 980ti @4K and have no problems. Most of the games i play are maxed out (with lowered AA) pushing 40-60FPS. Examples include: Assetto Corsa, Just Cause 3, Dirt Rally, GTA 5 and Fallout 4, although I run slightly lowered details for some things on Fallout. 

It's surprising how much easier to run games become when you turn down AA since you don't need it as much at 4K.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

Besides the witcher 3, crysis 3 and metro last light, what other "demanding" titles are there? Plus, the witcher 3 is only demading if you enable hairworks. I'd be willing to bet anyone 10-1 odds that nvidia's next flagship ti model will be able to handle 4K with ease.

Yeah, and that's what I was stating above.. Pascal will be able to handle 4k pretty well, but on the first line of Pascal it may not be able to keep above 60FPS constantly. I completely agree with a ti model or 2nd line up would be able to push 4k with no problem on any game. Minus maybe Star Citizen? Idk yet. Lol