Sneaky Amazon Tactics?

sonicsfan925

So basically I payed for one-day shipping for my headphones on DEC 7th. Amazon said the package will be delivered on the 9th, but now it says it will be delivered on the 11th.

3daef3c87179045184d802f3b79ce838.png

I contacted support to see if it's possible to get a refund and they said after the 'buffer' period. But, my question is if I weren't to contact them about this, they would of essentially just picketed my one-day shipping charge? Or do they usually refund the one-day shipping charge if you don't contact them about it?

Either way I'm happy they are going to refund me, but at the same time if I didn't contact them... I feel like they wouldn't lol.

So basically I payed for one-day shipping for my headphones on DEC 7th. Amazon said the package will be delivered on the 9th, but now it says it will be delivered on the 11th.

I contacted support to see if it's possible to get a refund and they said after the 'buffer' period. But, my question is if I weren't to contact them about this, they would of essentially just picketed my one-day shipping charge? Or do they usually refund the one-day shipping charge if you don't contact them about it?

They most likely would just pocket it unless the information is told to them, since everything is just automated - but I am not 100% sure

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I had this happen when I bought my keyboard from them, paid for two day shipping and got four day, they refunded me too so no real biggy.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

I had this happen when I bought my keyboard from them, paid for two day shipping and got four day, they refunded me too so no real biggy.

But was it automatic, or did you ask

thats the important factor

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have had two instances this month where they advertise an item as, "in stock", only to find out days later that the item isn't in stock.  This is especially frustrating when you add items on your purchase in order to get free shipping or some sort of promotional discount.

But was it automatic, or did you ask

thats the important factor

I had to contact support, only time I have ever had that issue with them, though.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

I had to contact support, only time I have ever had that issue with them, though.

yeah I think thats what the OP is saying, if this happens to thousands of people they are pocketing their money instead of automatically refunding it

They'd have kept the money. As far as I know, the freight companies don't report back to retailers like Amazon on whether or not the shipment made it in time. That's just to say, short of someone manually checking all shipments, Amazon would never know if it worked out or not.

As a matter of fact the deal between Amazon and their couriers probably has no mention of one day or money back. It's more likely something like 48h or half the money back. So it's Amazon taking the risk when they sell a service like that. 

I don't particularly know about the US law but here in Finland (based on EU directives) it's on the customer alone to check the quality of the services purchased, shipping included. Then, if the customer is not satisfied and the terms of the service were objectively not met, they'll place the complaint upon which the retailer acts.

Just a few thoughts. I'm basing this on having studied the matter and having worked in the field.

GAYNER xD

Well i think i got fooled by them too.

Pretty sure i pressed express shipping they set it for 2 weeks.

But i received the package in the express period so no biggie.

GAYNER xD

Well i think i got fooled by them too.

Pretty sure i pressed express shipping they set it for 2 weeks.

But i received the package in the express period so no biggie.

Ha, I'm using my mom's account cause she has Amazon Prime :)

yeah I think thats what the OP is saying, if this happens to thousands of people they are pocketing their money instead of automatically refunding it

This happens with a lot of things, for example something like 80% of the compensation customers are due in the EU for delayed or cancelled flights is never collected, and the airlines don't have to go out of their way to contact everyone who deserves it, so they don't pay up.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

i Know Amazon use to contact UPS and they would get money back on every single late package delivered but i have never heard of them automatically passing this onto the consumer unless the consumer calls/chats with them. Since ive learned that though  Amazon does not have the contract they use to with UPS they cancelled/ didn't renew and now primary use Fedex 

ROFL

e5ee3aa6806bfe7dacff03528462ce03.png

So they gave me my one-day shipping charge credited as store credit. Fucking glorious, haha.

I could prob call and complain and see if they refund through debit card, but it's only 3.99$ lol whatever. Atleast they refunded me something :D

This happened to me this month too, complained and got my shipping refunded.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

ROFL

So they gave me my one-day shipping charge credited as store credit. Fucking glorious, haha.

I could prob call and complain and see if they refund through debit card, but it's only 3.99$ lol whatever. Atleast they refunded me something :D

You should push it further, and provide all evidence to reddit to expose

Amazon customer service is fantastic.

Go to them with any legitimate complaint and they'll just give you stuff.

I had a package "lost in transit" (according to their tracker) once. This was my first item ordered using the Prime free trial. I told them about it, they fully refunded the item and gave me an extra free month of Prime. Then it turned out that my package was in fact delivered anyway. It wasn't expensive so I just decided to keep both it and the refund :P.