Need Help. How to connect PC to "2" TV's?

centurion_08

So i'll try to be short on this.

I have my gaming hive upstairs. PC is connected to a 32" 1080p TV via (dvi). Everything is sexy.

Downstairs i have a 40" 1080p plasma TV. I don't want to move or take my rig down below.

Also i would like to have an option to turn on the pc from the first floor. Damn i sound chaotic as fuck.

What kind of splitters or cables i need to make it happen. dvi and hdmi at the same time? How to make a wireless power button (if it exist even)

If chuck norris was so strong he would come to my house and punch in the hevbtrh456ragehkwkaapogjkpodmvpemypampgmapoermg34potmpogmpwa.

You could get a long ass HDMI cable.

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

For the screen alone you just need an HDMI splitter or a GPU with at least 2 video outputs.  It can be 2x HDMI out, one to your monitor with a short cable and the second to the TV downstairs with a long cable.  But be warned, HDMI has cable length limits.

However if your PC case is upstairs, I guess you need a good wireless mouse and keyboard to control it from downstairs.  Additionally how will you power on the PC from downstairs?

Here is a good read about HDMI cable lengths and their limits

http://www.hdmi.org/installers/longcablelengths.aspx

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

+ A Splitter Too. 

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Depends on the distance, HDMI is not suitable without a repeater over a certain length.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Basically what i want is to output the exact image/screen onto 2 different tv's and turn on whichever want/need.

Having 2 keyboards and mouses shoudn't be a problem. The power switch should stand a challenge.

And yes, i'm lazy like a motherfucker.

Basically what i want is to output the exact image/screen onto 2 different tv's and turn on whichever want/need.

Having 2 keyboards and mouses shoudn't be a problem. The power switch should also a challenge.

And yes, i'm lazy like a motherfucker.

You could try using the chrome cast to cast the display of your PC from upstairs to the downstairs tv. Another option could be have a computer that would allow you to remote connect to your pc.

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod