How do you set up a case fan curve?

Nothing in my system ever exceeds 70 degrees celsius, and the primary reason for adding these case fans was because their blue LEDs look great. However, I was curious as to how I could set up a fan curve so that all the case fans would be off when idle and at full power when something went above 75 celsius.

Also, I already tried SpeedFan, but that displays all 5 fans (3x case, 1xCPU cooler, 1xGPU cooler) and doesn't tell me which is which. I'm afraid I'll fry the CPU if I reduce the speed of the wrong one.

Then again, that noise from the fans could turn out to be noise from the hard drive.

Regards,
Aereldor.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Nothing in my system ever exceeds 70 degrees celsius, and the primary reason for adding these case fans was because their blue LEDs look great. However, I was curious as to how I could set up a fan curve so that all the case fans would be off when idle and at full power when something went above 75 celsius.

Also, I already tried SpeedFan, but that displays all 5 fans (3x case, 1xCPU cooler, 1xGPU cooler) and doesn't tell me which is which. I'm afraid I'll fry the CPU if I reduce the speed of the wrong one.

Then again, that noise from the fans could turn out to be noise from the hard drive.

Regards,

Aereldor.

That's what PWM fans are for, if you want that kind of functionality, you'll have to get PWM fans.

Δ Ambassador for the Illuminati Δ

Δ "Illuminati confirmed" - Nobody  Δ 

You wont fry youre cpu becouse the intel has the thermal throtteling atleast on the new ones wich protects them so just lower one fan at a time and look for the one that slowed down if the cpu fan slowed down then rise it again. and even if it dont throttles my computer can stay with the cpu fan at the lowest possible speed for more than 10 seconds so i have time to raise the fan again just make sure youre system is at idle when youre looking for what fan are what =)

btw the sickle flows are awezome!

I'll do what I can with SpeedFan, I guess.

Is there nothing like MSI Afterburner's GPU fan curve that lets me set fan speed percentages based on temperature reads?

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

If you stop a fan with your hand, SpeedFan should show the fan's speed as 0%. Use this to determine which fan is which and rename them with a recognizable label.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you stop a fan with your hand, SpeedFan should show the fan's speed as 0%. Use this to determine which fan is which and rename them with a recognizable label.

Are you sure it's a good idea to just reach in and grab a fan?

Are you sure it's a good idea to just reach in and grab a fan?

It's fine as long as you don't stick fingers into the edge of a fast spinning fan. 

The hub is a safe place to push against and slow down the fan. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.