Can I flip my 212 evo fan to pull?

Flibbib

Hey guys, complete novice here. Finished my build and luckily got some more money so brought a 212 evo. Stuck it on my 4690k with some cooler Master E1 and got a nice 4.2GHz overclocking, nice and cool and stable (my first ever PC!)

Anyway, can I take the fan off the front and put it on the back of the cooler? My RAM is fairly high profile and I had to move them over to slots 2 & 4 because of the fan clearance. My next upgrade is to get more RAM so that's why I want to stick the fan towards the back of the case.

I'm running a NZXT H440 with the three stock intake fans, the stock 140mm exhaust on the top and a CV Jetflo on the rear exhaust.

Thanks guys!

CPU: i7 4790k 4.6GHz @ 1.19v     GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 1590Core     RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo Raid 0

Cooler: Corsair H110i GT             Case: NZXT H440 Black Windowed          1TB WDD Blue, NZXT Hue+, MSI Z97S SLI Krait, Asus VX347H x2

you can, you just take it off, and screw the fans in backwards.

Its a Championship not a Belt!

Yes, you can do that.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Sure, why wouldn't you?

EDIT: You can also just flip the fan if theirs not enough clearance. 

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

you can, you just take it off, and screw the fans in backwards.

Why would you need to change the orientation of the fans?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Why would you need to change the orientation of the fans?

if the fan is presently in pull, then you would flip it to put it the other orientation.

Its a Championship not a Belt!

Yeah I'd make sure it was just kicking air out the back, so it's still blowing the same way just on the other side of the heatsink right?

I was just thinking purely on performance, I don't think I'm going to go for a mad overclock because I like the silence at the moment even under load, so I don't want to mess things up by swapping fan configs

CPU: i7 4790k 4.6GHz @ 1.19v     GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 1590Core     RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo Raid 0

Cooler: Corsair H110i GT             Case: NZXT H440 Black Windowed          1TB WDD Blue, NZXT Hue+, MSI Z97S SLI Krait, Asus VX347H x2

Yeah I'd make sure it was just kicking air out the back, so it's still blowing the same way just on the other side of the heatsink right?

I was just thinking purely on performance, I don't think I'm going to go for a mad overclock because I like the silence at the moment even under load, so I don't want to mess things up by swapping fan configs

Yup. Fan is pointing to same direction no matter what side its on. And it doesn't matter in performance. In my own situation changing fan from push to pull dropped max temp by 3C.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv