What can't I bring to school? Contraband?

Jalamba

NOT TECH RELATED AT ALL.

So I was going through the school's handbook and It says we can be searched if we have contraband. Throuhout the handbook, it says nothing or lists what contraband is. Closest thing is a section about turning off electronics like phones and no chewing gum. Is this a loopshole for bringing pocket knives, or maybe types of shoes (idk Im making stuff up). I live in California so I wonder if there is a state contraband book I am missing. Anyways thanks for responding to a non tech question!

I want to have pocket knives thats why. Gonna be concealed and for protection only tho.

EDIT: wasn't clear, i don't want the knife on me at school. Just around town since I like exploring.

CASE: NZXT S340 CPU: Intel i5-4690K MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X RAM: Corsair 16GB GPU: MSI R9 390 HDD: WD Blue 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB PSU: XFX ATX12V/EPS12V 650W

No matter where you live in the United States I can assure you a knife is illegal to bring into a school. If you're going to do it do it at you own risk and make sure as hell you don't get caught.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Yea knifes are contraband

Common sense man..

I get that, but it don't state what we can't bring nor what we can such such as: kissing, contact, that stuff. Like is it some loophole?

CASE: NZXT S340 CPU: Intel i5-4690K MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X RAM: Corsair 16GB GPU: MSI R9 390 HDD: WD Blue 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB PSU: XFX ATX12V/EPS12V 650W

NOT TECH RELATED AT ALL.

So I was going through the school's handbook and It says we can be searched if we have contraband. Throuhout the handbook, it says nothing or lists what contraband is. Closest thing is a section about turning off electronics like phones and no chewing gum. Is this a loopshole for bringing pocket knives, or maybe types of shoes (idk Im making stuff up). I live in California so I wonder if there is a state contraband book I am missing. Anyways thanks for responding to a non tech question!

I want to have pocket knives thats why. Gonna be concealed and for protection only tho.

Generally, in public schools contraband is considered: knives, guns, tobacco, alcohol (unless you're in college and it's not a dry campus, but they might still have restrictions), pron type materials, illicit substances, etc. As far as pocket knives go; the general rule of thumb (may vary depending on your local police dept) is that a knife is not considered a concealed weapon if the blade is less than 3" long and it is a folding knife.

If you are not sure and there is a definite lack of definition in the school's handbook, this is definitely something that your shoudl bring up to the school council so that people aren't getting nailed for something that they thought was fine. In today's world (with the extreme lack of common sense that proliferates today's society), a lack of detail in a regulation can lead to a bunch of normally law-abiding citizens being labeled as criminals because they did not know the extent to which a policy was to be enforced.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Knives are pretty bad for self defense in the first place. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

No matter where you live in the United States I can assure you a knife is illegal to bring into a school. If you're going to do it do it at you own risk and make sure as hell you don't get caught.

Thats what im getting from my dab of researching.

I get that, but it don't state what we can't bring nor what we can such such as: kissing, contact, that stuff. Like is it some loophole?

there is probably another booklet in there somewhere that has all the rules.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What the fuck do you want to have a knife? What school are you going to?

EDIT: I'm sorry, but what?

Yea knifes are contraband

Common sense man..

See my reply:

A knife night not be considered contraband. It depends on where you live and where you attend school. When I was in HS/College (I finished my second bachelor degree in May '14) it was not considered contraband or taboo to carry a pocket knife with you. I am from WI, and it is totally normal for people to carry at least one pocket knife on them daily. I walked through all of HS and college with a Gerber pocket knife and no-one ever looked at me twice.

Now, having said that, I recognize that I would be classified as a "hick" and that people from urban areas might not look at it the same.

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Generally, in public schools contraband is considered: knives, guns, tobacco, alcohol (unless you're in college and it's not a dry campus, but they might still have restrictions), pron type materials, illicit substances, etc. As far as pocket knives go; the general rule of thumb (may vary depending on your local police dept) is that a knife is not considered a concealed weapon if the blade is less than 3" long and it is a folding knife.

If you are not sure and there is a definite lack of definition in the school's handbook, this is definitely something that your shoudl bring up to the school council so that people aren't getting nailed for something that they thought was fine. In today's world (with the extreme lack of common sense that proliferates today's society), a lack of detail in a regulation can lead to a bunch of normally law-abiding citizens being labeled as criminals because they did not know the extent to which a policy was to be enforced.

OMG thanks, its been erking me. That's what I was guessing.

Knives are pretty bad for self defense in the first place. 

Unless you have extensive training and really know what you're doing. I've had knife combat training and I still would not feel comfortable carrying a knife in place of my sidearm.

END OF LINE

See my reply:

A knife night not be considered contraband. It depends on where you live and where you attend school. When I was in HS/College (I finished my second bachelor degree in May '14) it was not considered contraband or taboo to carry a pocket knife with you. I am from WI, and it is totally normal for people to carry at least one pocket knife on them daily. I walked through all of HS and college with a Gerber pocket knife and no-one ever looked at me twice.

Now, having said that, I recognize that I would be classified as a "hick" and that people from urban areas might not look at it the same.

I think he is talking something less like a utility knife and more like I can stab you to death knife. Some of the knifes people I know bring to school are very scary and probably illegal in Canada..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

there is probably another booklet in there somewhere that has all the rules.

Not necessarily. I've read some school manuals that only made me ask, "Why the fuck did I have to read this?"

END OF LINE

Dont think of bringing a clock... 

Not necessarily. I've read some school manuals that only made me ask, "Why the fuck did I have to read this?"

the ones I get make me go: how the hell do I memorize all this and what dump wont charge me to get rid of it.

I think he is talking something less like a utility knife and more like I can stab you to death knife. Some of the knifes people I know bring to school are very scary and probably illegal in Canada..

I DONT WANNA KILL A FOOL. 

I just want a knife to either intimidate or hurt the threat. May him be in pain and get a moment to get to safety. Like I said, I like exploring. So I want some sort of protection. Something like the

Kershaw Cryo

Unless you have extensive training and really know what you're doing. I've had knife combat training and I still would not feel comfortable carrying a knife in place of my sidearm.

It definitely helps to be a ninja master.  :ph34r:

It might depend on how big your pockets are.

maxresdefault.jpg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yeah, I get what you are saying, but "knife" can have a pretty broad definition. lol

END OF LINE

Dont think of bringing a clock... 

I get chu... may be a bit too soon for some people

maxresdefault.jpg

OMFG LOL

Anarchists cookbook.....Illegal as fuck.....

Actually it isn't but you'll be arrested and tried as a terrorist for even having a copy on your person. I think my copy is on floppy disk, and i got it sometime around 1998. Don't even have a way to get it off the floppy disk.

That post made me lol way harder than it should have.

The alcohol may or may not have had something to do with it.... :ph34r:

END OF LINE

Anarchists cookbook.....Illegal as fuck.....

Actually it isn't but you'll be arrested and tried as a terrorist for even having a copy on your person. I think my copy is on floppy disk, and i got it sometime around 1998. Don't even have a way to get it off the floppy disk.

I can neither confirm not deny that I may or may not have had that file on my computer while I was a member of the USDOD... :ph34r:

END OF LINE