Great battery life, and high storage MP3 Player?

whatishacks

hi refer to title

Looking for something like 64gb or more

Main PC: 4690k // Z97 // R9 280 3GB // 8gb Ram // CM Elite 430 Case // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Living Room "Console" PC: FX 8350 // 990a SLI Krait // R7 360 // 8gb Ram // HAF 912 // 750 EVGA B PSU // 1TB HDD

Future Plans:

find a 2nd monitor at a pawn shop

Sell/giveaway R7 360, move r9 280 into console PC, buy a better GPU for main PC.

hi refer to title

Looking for something like 64gb or more

+1^ I would also like to know this :) 

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

A 64 gb sd card inside a phone with great battery life ._.

Or inside an e-reader like the Samsung Note Tab 7.0 (which has like 5x the battery life of any current smartphone.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Or inside an e-reader like the Samsung Note Tab 7.0 (which has like 5x the battery life of any current smartphone.)

can ereaders play mp3 files!? 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

can ereaders play mp3 files!? 

duh.... i mean they are basically just slightly underpowered tablets with larger batteries... (at least the Note Tab 7.0 is, and when it was relevant the nook HD was as well)

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Other than Hi-Fi ones like this: ($300)

518d7IjZMFL._SL1200_.jpg

I'm guessing it will be hard to find one. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

duh.... i mean they are basically just slightly underpowered tablets with larger batteries... (at least the Note Tab 7.0 is, and when it was relevant the nook HD was as well)

Those are both tablets, rather than E-readers. 

Other than Hi-Fi ones like this: ($300)

518d7IjZMFL._SL1200_.jpg

I'm guessing it will be hard to find one. 

or go with a Fiio and dont get the worst interface in the history of things

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

The Fiio M3 looks pretty decent, not sure if it's for sale yet.

Could always go for the good ole Sansa Clip with Rockbox firmware, though I'm not sure how many of them support 64 GB sd cards. 

or go with a Fiio and dont get the worst interface in the history of things

The Fiio X7 is based on the Sony touch model. Running the same Sony skinned Android. 

Those are both tablets, rather than E-readers. 

Define the difference...

They are sold and marketed for e-reading.

Now that said.... Obviously an e-reader without a headphone jack doesn't have speakers and as such can't be used to play music. Stupid fucking ass kindle paper shit. Worst e-readers on the planet.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

The Fiio X7 is based on the Sony touch model. Running the same Sony skinned Android. 

not even out....

get the x1 it's more than enough for most ppl, reasonable price, plus you can get a 64gb sd card. 

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

iPad has a 10,000 mAh

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

GUYS

GET THE ZUNE!!!!

like my joke? :)

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Define the difference...

They are sold and marketed for e-reading.

Now that said.... Obviously an e-reader without a headphone jack doesn't have speakers and as such can't be used to play music. Stupid fucking ass kindle paper shit. Worst e-readers on the planet.

E-Readers are specifically designed to read books. Which means they have E-Paper displays. Run a version of a custom OS similar to a PDF reader, and have long battery life.

They are not meant for media consumption other than text and greyscale images. 

The Nook HD runs Android, making it a tablet rather than an E-Reader. If the Nook HD is an E-reader, then the specialized devices for reading do not have a name anymore.

Really?  I thought they ran a very basic OS just sufficient for loading and flipping through books... didn't know they had come so far.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, you're talking about this: (or something like it)?

Kindle-Touch.jpg

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

E-Readers are specifically designed to read books. Which means they have E-Paper displays. Run a version of a custom OS similar to a PDF reader, and have long battery life.

They are not meant for media consumption other than text and greyscale images. 

The Nook HD runs Android, making it a tablet rather than an E-Reader. If the Nook HD is an E-reader, then the specialized devices for reading do not have a name anymore.

That's a fucking idiotic definition. 

E-paper displays and custom OS being required....

Hell I'd argue that E-paper displays make terrible E-readers because illustrations, and generally locked down against my own library of e-books (legally owned ofc....)

Actually this is more specific to Kindle devices in general. Many less well known e-paper e-readers have the capability to load my library.

Furthermore, those lacking the ability to play mp3 files are generally those that also lack text to speech, a pretty damn useful feature for an E-reader (which perhaps surprisingly is a pretty small minority of e-readers). Hell almost all of them allow for web browsing anyways, so why get a locked down piece of hardware?

Every single version of Nook (e-paper or otherwise) ran android with it's own skin. (I mention Nook because for ehh about 4 years in what I would call the E-reader hay-day they were a top consideration).

The first line was perfectly enough. Look (for comparison) at the hardware powering these E-reader marketed tablets (like Tab 7.0 and the Nook HD in it's day). Lower than normal resolution screens, weaker than mainstream processors, and notably increased battery sizes. Sounds like a fairly specific product, indeed those are the exact same limitations made on e-paper displays (which merely go farther).

Really?  I thought they ran a very basic OS just sufficient for loading and flipping through books... didn't know they had come so far.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, you're talking about this: (or something like it)?

The specific subset of E-paper speaker-less E-readers is imho (as you can probably tell above) not worth existing.

Now, while this website is out of date, it is amusing to note that all of the ones on these lists with speakers, are capable of playing .mp3 (.mp4 compatibility is more scattered, likely due to age of devices).

http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/large-ebook-readers.html

TL:DR

Any definition for an E-reader that doesn't include this device is woefully incomplete.

post-225630-0-67761900-1449465359.png

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

That's a fucking idiotic definition. 

E-paper displays and custom OS being required....

Hell I'd argue that E-paper displays make terrible E-readers because illustrations, and generally locked down against my own library of e-books (legally owned ofc....)

Actually this is more specific to Kindle devices in general. Many less well known e-paper e-readers have the capability to load my library.

Furthermore, those lacking the ability to play mp3 files are generally those that also lack text to speech, a pretty damn useful feature for an E-reader (which perhaps surprisingly is a pretty small minority of e-readers). Hell almost all of them allow for web browsing anyways, so why get a locked down piece of hardware?

Every single version of Nook (e-paper or otherwise) ran android with it's own skin. (I mention Nook because for ehh about 4 years in what I would call the E-reader hay-day they were a top consideration).

The first line was perfectly enough. Look (for comparison) at the hardware powering these E-reader marketed tablets (like Tab 7.0 and the Nook HD in it's day). Lower than normal resolution screens, weaker than mainstream processors, and notably increased battery sizes. Sounds like a fairly specific product, indeed those are the exact same limitations made on e-paper displays (which merely go farther).

The specific subset of E-paper speaker-less E-readers is imho (as you can probably tell above) not worth existing.

Now, while this website is out of date, it is amusing to note that all of the ones on these lists with speakers, are capable of playing .mp3 (.mp4 compatibility is more scattered, likely due to age of devices).

http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/large-ebook-readers.html

TL:DR

Any definition for an E-reader that doesn't include this device is woefully incomplete.

attachicon.gif2011-11-07_1102.png

That would make it a cheap tablet. That can read books. E-Readers are specific items. 

That would make it a cheap tablet. That can read books. E-Readers are specific items. 

Yes because a swimmer that can also run can no longer be considered a swimmer...

Next thing you know people will be saying if it has a touchscreen that can no longer be considered an E-reader. Because touchscreens dampen battery life too much!

E-reader is a reference to a function, one that many (but CRUCIALLY not all) tablet find themselves quite capable of fitting. Furthermore, SPECIFIC tablets make INTENTIONAL trade-offs that make them more suited to that function than the mainstream market puts forth. Trade-offs that often (but not always), make them less capable of doing the general task set set forth by the tablet moniker. How can that NOT be an E-reader...

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS