Windows 10 freezes after log in.

So I've just built my new pc, and everything works fine (all parts are working). But when after I installed windows 10, and I log in, I can go around for 1-3 minutes and then everything freezes. It just stops, mouse wont move and I cant open anything, I have to restart PC and same over again. Sometimes, even before loading windows 10 it stops on black screen. I dunno what to do any help?

So I've just built my new pc, and everything works fine (all parts are working). But when after I installed windows 10, and I log in, I can go around for 1-3 minutes and then everything freezes. It just stops, mouse wont move and I cant open anything, I have to restart PC and same over again. Sometimes, even before loading windows 10 it stops on black screen. I dunno what to do any help?

I had this issues a few weeks ago mine was caused by CoreTemp monitor!! You have to get into the repair menu and restore windows or reset it to a factory version, the latter option will remove everything program and APP files apart from data such as pictures or data on a secondary HDD, this is very VERY annoying if you have no restore point and the latter is your only option like me! I was very angry but it was my only option! 

Good Luck! 

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

While resetting windows and reinstalling it for some reason again freezes. At first it did on 64%, then I restarted reset and now it stuck on 28%. Does it have to be like that and should I wait it out? or am I doing something wrong?

While resetting windows and reinstalling it for some reason again freezes. At first it did on 64%, then I restarted reset and now it stuck on 28%. Does it have to be like that and should I wait it out? or am I doing something wrong?

No, this is normal, the more files installed the longer it will take. Dont stress it out. When your computer boots back up to the Were getting things ready for you and then eventually to the login page, wait at-least 10-15 minutes to login, your computer needs to boot all of its files back to new.

Roses are red, violets are blue. I enjoy foruming on LinusTechTips too!

I had this issues a few weeks ago mine was caused by CoreTemp monitor!! You have to get into the repair menu and restore windows or reset it to a factory version, the latter option will remove everything program and APP files apart from data such as pictures or data on a secondary HDD, this is very VERY annoying if you have no restore point and the latter is your only option like me! I was very angry but it was my only option! 

Good Luck! 

No, this is normal, the more files installed the longer it will take. Dont stress it out. When your computer boots back up to the Were getting things ready for you and then eventually to the login page, wait at-least 10-15 minutes to login, your computer needs to boot all of its files back to new.

You see, I did the reset, those two times Ive talked about when they stuck on certain percentage, I did third time after an hour or so, and everything went without freeze (it did reset windows and deleted everything),  up until "getting started" (where you input all information for the pc - passwords, name, etc) then the same happened again, I wasn't even able to log in. Im Thinking, maybe I should install windows 7 and then upgrade to windows 10, maybe that could work?

You see, I did the reset, those two times Ive talked about when they stuck on certain percentage, I did third time after an hour or so, and everything went without freeze (it did reset windows and deleted everything), up until "getting started" (where you input all information for the pc - passwords, name, etc) then the same happened again, I wasn't even able to log in. Im Thinking, maybe I should install windows 7 and then upgrade to windows 10, maybe that could work?

Are you using a bootable usb to reinstall windows 10? If not, try using it be sure to download all its driver to another usb other than the pendrive that contains the windows installation file. I've tried using the recovery options and it won't restore so I used windows media creation tool to create a bootable usb and reinstall.

Are you using a bootable usb to reinstall windows 10? If not, try using it be sure to download all its driver to another usb other than the pendrive that contains the windows installation file. I've tried using the recovery options and it won't restore so I used windows media creation tool to create a bootable usb and reinstall.

I used media creation tool on usb. Ive reinstalled, done resets many times, but it didnt help. Windows still freezes after login, or even when loading.