I WILL QUIT PC Gaming forever!

lovingGamer
Go to solution Solved by TheGrim123321,

The problem is that your playing a Call of Duty game.

A poorly optimized one at that.

Excatly

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

A poorly optimized one at that.

Excatly

Have to be honest here, I have been playing Black ops 3 almost everyday on my PC since it released, and I have not run into one single performance issue at all. It has been a rock solid game for me, and actually quite fun. Only other 2 COD games I have liked this much, was the very first one way back when, and black ops 2. 

As for it been recycled content each and every time, I certainly agree with you. This is what happens though when a company still uses the Quake 3 arena game engine made by Id tech (Id tech 3 game engine to be precise). It was renamed to "IW Engine" by Infinity Ward for use in the COD franchise back with COD 2, and is now a Frankenstein of a game engine, owing to the extensive modifications made to it over the years by Infinity Ward and Treyarch. 

Have to be honest here, I have been playing Black ops 3 almost everyday on my PC since it released, and I have not run into one single performance issue at all. It has been a rock solid game for me, and actually quite fun. Only other 2 COD games I have liked this much, was the very first one way back when, and black ops 2. 

As for it been recycled content each and every time, I certainly agree with you. This is what happens though when a company still uses the Quake 3 arena game engine made by Id tech (Id tech 3 game engine to be precise). It was renamed to "IW Engine" by Infinity Ward for use in the COD franchise back with COD 2, and is now a Frankenstein of a game engine, owing to the extensive modifications made to it over the years by Infinity Ward and Treyarch. 

Okay I agree with you with most of the stuff but the first sentence in the first one gets me.....Everyone's experiences are going to be different on PC....It may run well for them and for alot of other people it doesn't....So in other words even with people's opinions about the game stating that it runs well for them while it doesn't for others doesn't change the fact that Cod is terribly optimized for PC and offers no explanation why other than that game developers for COD don't code the game correctly that supports every piece of hardware for pc

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

last two days i was playing CoD Black ops III normally worked pretty good and now game crashes, at the start up it crashes!

WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

the game is broken, its not your fault, and consoles have framerate issues too, look at fallout on the xbox etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

According to a guy on internet he used a 6700k and r9 390 in beta and scored around 40fps lol

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Okay I agree with you with most of the stuff but the first sentence in the first one gets me.....Everyone's experiences are going to be different on PC....It may run well for them and for alot of other people it doesn't....So in other words even with people's opinions about the game stating that it runs well for them while it doesn't for others doesn't change the fact that Cod is terribly optimized for PC and offers no explanation why other than that game developers for COD don't code the game correctly that supports every piece of hardware for pc

I agree, everyone's experience with pc gaming is going to be different. To the point that even benchmarks from reputable sites even need to be taken with a grain of salt. For instance I am currently using an AMD FX4300, as I had to build my system on an extremely tight and very low budget of £320 about 3 years ago now. My system will eventually be upgraded with a new motherboard and CPU, but I am trying to hold out as long as I can to see what AMD's Zen CPU's can do. If they are rubbish, then I will probably swap over to intel. Since then I was able to add an MSI Twin Frozr GTX 780 OC into the system, a graphics card that I am hoping will see me through the next few years and through my upgrade when I do it. Which is the only reason I bought such a strong GPU. Black ops 3 for me will run at a very solid 120fps @1080p regardless of my current CPU/GPU pairing, though I have the maximum FPS currently set at 60fps as I only have a 60hz monitor for the moment. I have not had a single issue with the game stuttering, not had an issue with it crashing to desktop, freezing out, or anything at all. The game is stored and run from a 7 year old 500gb Samsung spinpoint T166 HD501LJ hard drive that has seen me through a few different builds.

I have other games in my steam library, on Origin, and even via Uplay that are supposed to be equally as poorly optimized as you state here for Black ops 3. And yet I also have similar experiences with the majority of them running very well. There is a little strain there with GTAV, with FPS drops into the low 50's, and I experienced the stuttering and other issues that where/are in Watchdogs. So I don't always have a 100% trouble free gaming experience either. 

By rights however, and going by what the vast majority say on this and other tech forums. My PC shouldn't be able to handle playing games like those, as my CPU is so weak it is supposed to struggle and bottleneck the GPU I have paired with it. The hassle free and consistent gaming experiences I have also need to be taken with a grain of salt, just like those of the aforementioned benchmarks. The experiences are my own, and although have helped me form an opinion. Others with same CPU/Motherboard/Ram/GPU will most likely not have the same experience as myself, they could be better or worse. Just as there are people who suffer with major issues on stronger systems than mine. 

The fact remains however that if black ops 3 is so badly optimized, then my system should be really struggling with it, but it isn't struggling at all. I certainly shouldn't be able to hit a stable 120fps@1080p. So really it is a case of you making what you will of the information I have put up in my posts.

I agree, everyone's experience with pc gaming is going to be different. To the point that even benchmarks from reputable sites even need to be taken with a grain of salt. For instance I am currently using an AMD FX4300, as I had to build my system on an extremely tight and very low budget of £320 about 3 years ago now. My system will eventually be upgraded with a new motherboard and CPU, but I am trying to hold out as long as I can to see what AMD's Zen CPU's can do. If they are rubbish, then I will probably swap over to intel. Since then I was able to add an MSI Twin Frozr GTX 780 OC into the system, a graphics card that I am hoping will see me through the next few years and through my upgrade when I do it. Which is the only reason I bought such a strong GPU. Black ops 3 for me will run at a very solid 120fps @1080p regardless of my current CPU/GPU pairing, though I have the maximum FPS currently set at 60fps as I only have a 60hz monitor for the moment. I have not had a single issue with the game stuttering, not had an issue with it crashing to desktop, freezing out, or anything at all. The game is stored and run from a 7 year old 500gb Samsung spinpoint T166 HD501LJ hard drive that has seen me through a few different builds.

I have other games in my steam library, on Origin, and even via Uplay that are supposed to be equally as poorly optimized as you state here for Black ops 3. And yet I also have similar experiences with the majority of them running very well. There is a little strain there with GTAV, with FPS drops into the low 50's, and I experienced the stuttering and other issues that where/are in Watchdogs. So I don't always have a 100% trouble free gaming experience either. 

By rights however, and going by what the vast majority say on this and other tech forums. My PC shouldn't be able to handle playing games like those, as my CPU is so weak it is supposed to struggle and bottleneck the GPU I have paired with it. The hassle free and consistent gaming experiences I have also need to be taken with a grain of salt, just like those of the aforementioned benchmarks. The experiences are my own, and although have helped me form an opinion. Others with same CPU/Motherboard/Ram/GPU will most likely not have the same experience as myself, they could be better or worse. Just as there are people who suffer with major issues on stronger systems than mine. 

The fact remains however that if black ops 3 is so badly optimized, then my system should be really struggling with it, but it isn't struggling at all. I certainly shouldn't be able to hit a stable 120fps@1080p. So really it is a case of you making what you will of the information I have put up in my posts.

True the GTA V and Watch dogs thing is similar to the Black ops 3 issue.  There are PC gamers that state that GTA V and watch dogs run well on for them while many other people that have rigs better or similar to the rigs of the people saying that those games run well, run into issues (fps issues, or just plain bugs) probably because of lack of bug fixing and optimization that plagues alot of pc gamers but not all...Black ops 3 is similar to this situation and lets just say that cod isn't the best game for PC in terms of Optimization...Well it probably never was...

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

I'll call your bluff, ship it my way..

201 crossing place, nashville tn.

your move..

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

Just re install it or repair it using game disc if you have one!! No need for such a horrible thread title!! Ur angry enough to be a console game tbh...... ;)

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Pretty much every game I've ever played has issues. Get used to it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Sounds reasonable. 

> has problems with a particular game.

> quits PC gaming forever.

k dont let the door hit you on the way out, if it stops your complaining threads I cant say imma mind.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

last two days i was playing CoD Black ops III normally worked pretty good and now game crashes, at the start up it crashes!

WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

So you played one of the crappiest games which somehow got messed up (could be something *you* broke, could be something *they* broke, both have nothing to do with "PC Gaming"), and you're going to quit? Well, I wish you all the best.

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000