Building a new gaming pc and wondering how many fans i should have?

kennymeredith

I am currently building a new gaming pc and was wondering how many fans i should or need to have. 

It has:

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

PowerColor Radeon R9 280X 3GB TurboDuo Video Card

Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case

Thermaltake TR2 600W ATX Power Supply

Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)

Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (have not purchased yet, waiting to know how many i need)

ASROCK H61M-HVS

Intel Core i3-3220

The case currently has 1 fan in the back of it.

Thanks, Kenny

Well, for that CPU and GPU, two fans should be fine (case fan + bought fan). You should buy a third fan for future upgrades though.

Here's a video on the subject: 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

The case will most likely come with fans but if you prefer the af140s from corsair, I'd suggest buying two, one for intake at the bottom front, one for exhaust at the top on the back. This way the heat that rises will be pulled out through the top fan pulling cooler air upwards.

Also, try changing the PSU for an EVGA B2 PSU. It's much better than the one you have in the list.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

I guess i missread what the specs on the case where, It has 2 fans one in front and one in the back.

I guess i missread what the specs on the case where, It has 2 fans one in front and one in the back.

Well, you should mount an extra fan on the top, like I said, for future upgrades

Personally i use as many fans as i can fit in the case, so i can run them at lower rpm and keep it silent... $1000 dollar pc, whats a few bucks for a few more fans to keep it quiet

I'm sorry, I didn't notice. Guess you did beat me...

It's all good. No hard feelings?