Secondary display (TV) not recognized

captaingorope

For quite some time, I have been trying to fix an issue: Can't connect my Tv as a secondary display....
5 months ago everything worked just fine! I want to use the TV as a duplicated screen.
Whenever i try to connect the HDMI cable, my PC doesn't even mention that anything was connected or moved! (can't try any other cable than HDMI)
Things i have tried so far:
1- Using different HDMI cable. (all 3 worked)
2- Checking if the HDMI port on my GPU is broken (it isn't. used one of the HDMI to connect my primary monitor to the PC)

3- Downloading drivers ( tried all sorts of drivers- new and old)

4- Going through system settings (Didn't find anything)

System spec:

CPU           I5-4690k (40%OC)
GPU           AMD R9 290 (windforce edition)

MOBO        GA-Z97-HD3

Monitor      Benq GL2750
TV              Can't get the exact model, but it's something like this: Philips Cineos 52PFL9632D

Nothing works... In the name of Gaben, please help!!!

Have you tried changing the resolution of your attached TV? Try going to 720p and see if you can get a stable image from your PC to display on the TV.

I tried it and it didn't help.. My pc doesn't recognize the HDMI display, but ONLY for the TV

I tried it and it didn't help.. My pc doesn't recognize the HDMI display, but ONLY for the TV

does the tv see that something is plugged into the hdmi?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Here's another idea, do you have or can you burn a Linux Live CD/DVD/USB? If so, boot into Linux and see if you can get your TV to show up as secondary display. This is quite a big step, but it may help to diagnose whether this is a Windows problem, or something else.

does the tv see that something is plugged into the hdmi?

Yes, it does.

Here's another idea, do you have or can you burn a Linux Live CD/DVD/USB? If so, boot into Linux and see if you can get your TV to show up as secondary display. This is quite a big step, but it may help to diagnose whether this is a Windows problem, or something else.

Going to try it out today, downloading the files right now

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, finally I tried out Linux Live. And it didn't work. It didn't show the secondary display.

Okay, if it didn't work with Linux then it's likely a more general problem. Could you attach another monitor/TV to the same HDMI port to see if you get any output, whilst your original monitor is connected as normal? I would do this to see whether there is perhaps a problem with the TV, or if the problem really lies with your PC.