Where can i find aftermarket air coolers for ASUS Strix R9 285 ?

Ridska

Ridska here ,

Recently , I have been getting alot of heating issues with my pc , My graphics card is the one part of my computer that runs hottest of them all.

So iv decided to look around for aftermarket air cooler for my GPU. I just help on needing a brand name and a link , That is all but that being said , You are welcome to find a retailer for me ( if you do that , Thanks in advance ) .

I mean sure , You can sugguest me to mod the GPU but A) I dont know how to mod and cannot mod and B ) So many things can go wrong.

Thanks and stay grooive :D .

(⌐■_■) 

Water cooling is your only option since the STRIX R9-285 already uses a custom PCB and cooler.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Ridska here ,

Recently , I have been getting alot of heating issues with my pc , My graphics card is the one part of my computer that runs hottest of them all.

So iv decided to look around for aftermarket air cooler for my GPU. I just help on needing a brand name and a link , That is all but that being said , You are welcome to find a retailer for me ( if you do that , Thanks in advance ) .

I mean sure , You can sugguest me to mod the GPU but A) I dont know how to mod and cannot mod and B ) So many things can go wrong.

Go for an R9 380 instead :D

Go for an R9 380 instead :D

Cant , In order for me to do that , My PC's end life expectancy must be high.

If i was to buy a new GPU , Migh as well build a pc.

(⌐■_■) 

Cant , In order for me to do that , My PC's life expectancy must be high.

If i was to buy a new GPU , Migh as well build a pc.

Your pc is fine. You don't need to change anything it can handle your gpu.

Your pc is fine. You don't need to change anything it can handle your gpu.

The only trouble i am having with my white couger ( pc name ) is that it heats up a heck of a lot.

The noctua fan behind the case isnt out putting enough air , So in that case , The hot air gets trapped.

(⌐■_■) 

Ridska here ,

what temps are you getting? maybe post a pic of your system so we can see what kind of airflow you're getting

If you have the option to get a high refresh rate monitor, do it.

Main PC CPU: i7 14700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X WiFi 7 GPU: Asus Strix 3080ti RAM: Gskill Trident Z5 32gb DDR5 SSD: 990 Pro 2TB, 980 Pro 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

Server: CPU: i7 9700k RAM: Corsair 32gb DDR4 HDD: 36tb Usable SSD: Samsung 500gb NVME Case: Fractal Define R5 PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

what temps are you getting? maybe post a pic of your system so we can see what kind of airflow you're getting

At work right now , Ill post the picture ones im in home.

Be sure to follow this topic.

(⌐■_■) 

Will repost this topic if it dies down .

Need an answer to this.

(⌐■_■) 

Maybe you just have to check the air flow in your case if it's good. It may be the main fault.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

I don't think there's any water block for the custom pcb 285 strix. Best things you can do is to raise fan speed or change thermal paste from the gpu.

i7 5775c @4.1GHz // 2x4GB 2400MHz CL10 // R9 285 @1120/1575MHz // SSD MX100 512GB // Z97M Gaming // RM550 // Prolimatech Megahalems+ NF-P14s Redux // Cooletk U3

Looks like a airflow problem the 285 isn't a hot card by any means.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s