New ram and now PC won't go to login

PhilipN

Hey guys so I bought some new ram to make it quad channel in my PC. They are the exact same kits and they are in the correct slots. After I installed it I booted up my PC and it said there was a change in ram and I needed to update it in my bios. I didn't know what to change so I exited out of bios and it will not go to my windows login. I also have two monitors and for some reason the main monitor switched after I put the ram in. Please help me I'm not sure what to do!

Go to display settings and reset your main monitor?

You're are quite unclear about the issue that you are having.

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Hey guys so I bought some new ram to make it quad channel in my PC. They are the exact same kits and they are in the correct slots. After I installed it I booted up my PC and it said there was a change in ram and I needed to update it in my bios. I didn't know what to change so I exited out of bios and it will not go to my windows login. I also have two monitors and for some reason the main monitor switched after I put the ram in. Please help me I'm not sure what to do!

Dont worry about the main monitor. It can be changed in Windows after its set up.

Take the ram out you just put in. when it says to go to the BIOS, do it and then save changes (you shouldnt have to do anything), see if it works. then report back.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Thanks guys I got it fixed. I had to change a couple things but it's now working. :)