Please tell me what this is capable of

Prophet_M
Go to solution Solved by Tedster,

Change processor to an i7-6700k or 5820k and that'd play anything at 1440p easy.

Even a 4690k/4790k. As much as I love the idea of having an FX-9590 it's incredibly stupid and a lot of recent Intel processors will do a lot better than it and consume much less power and will be much less dangerous.

Change processor to an i7-6700k or 5820k and that'd play anything at 1440p easy.

Even a 4690k/4790k. As much as I love the idea of having an FX-9590 it's incredibly stupid and a lot of recent Intel processors will do a lot better than it and consume much less power and will be much less dangerous.

Sig under construction.

a think an i5 6600k would be sufficient for the purpose of just gaming, but an i7 would do nicely

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

oh god, 16 GB VRAM

I only have 8 GB of normal ram

Must be able to run 8 K

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

a think an i5 6600k would be sufficient for the purpose of just gaming, but an i7 would do nicely

But I thought rendering liked many threads?

oh god, 16 GB VRAM

I only have 8 GB of normal ram

Must be able to run 8 K

8GB per GPU, it won't stack.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

But I thought rendering liked many threads?8GB per GPU, it won't stack.

Yes, but that doesn't matter when you have much weaker CPU cores. Intel CPU cores are much stronger than AMD FX ones.

If you go for an Intel 6-core you'll get much better performance.

Sig under construction.

But I thought rendering liked many threads?

for gaming 4 fast overclocked cores will be better than a stock speed i7 in all honesty

if you need to do media production and stuff like adobe CC you will benefit from an i7

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

I would also just get two r9 390 cards. Its close to $200 cheaper and would be the same performance as that dual chip 390x2 card. Unless you just want that so you only have a single card. 

Windows 10 Build: 3570k @4.5ghz, ASrock Z77 Extreme 4, 8gb ddr3, R9 390,  120gb HyperX 3k, 500gb Western Digital Blue 

Windows XP Build: Pentium D Extreme Edition 965, 4gb ddr2, Gt 120, 250gb Western Digital

Windows 98 SE Build: Pentium III 650mhz Slot 1, Asus P2B, 128mb PC100, Matrox G400, (Voodoo 2 12mb) x 2 SLI, 80gb Western Digital

oh god, 16 GB VRAM

8GB RAM, VRAM in crossfire doesn't stack.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Yes, but that doesn't matter when you have much weaker CPU cores. Intel CPU cores are much stronger than AMD FX ones.

If you go for an Intel 6-core you'll get much better performance.

for gaming 4 fast overclocked cores will be better than a stock speed i7 in all honesty

if you need to do media production and stuff like adobe CC you will benefit from an i7

Read the last part of the OP. It's says rendering, which is why I said i7.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Read the last part of the OP. It's says rendering, which is why I said i7.

well shit me sideways and call me Sherly

then yes i7 would be a good bet

I wouldn't get that 390x2 either, Ive just looked an overclock.net review which shows ok average and high FPS but the low was crap compared to 970SLI/390x cf set ups. For $800 you can't be far off 2x 980 gtx

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($364.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Krait ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($187.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($424.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($424.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($96.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1867.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 16:51 EST-0500

A little more but better proportioned in my opinion. The PSU and GPU weren't ideal. The 5820k will be great for games and rendering alike and the 980 SLI will trounce the 390x2

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

8GB per GPU, it won't stack.

8GB RAM, VRAM in crossfire doesn't stack.

I see, i thought it was only one card, so this is two cards stacked together, and sold as one? Pretty wierd concept to sell already crossfiered cards, but ok

They should have named it "PowerColor Radeon R9 390X2 8GBx2 Devil 13 Video Card"

or better yet "PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB Devil 13 Video Card x 2"

I thought the X2 was only like a version number

I see, i thought it was only one card, so this is two cards stacked together, and sold as one? Pretty wierd concept to sell already crossfiered cards, but ok

They should have named it "PowerColor Radeon R9 390X2 8GBx2 Devil 13 Video Card"

or better yet "PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB Devil 13 Video Card x 2"

I thought the X2 was only like a version number

Or the R9 395x2, like the R9 295x2. It's also called a dual GPU board :P There've been plenty, the 295x2, the Titan Z, the 7990, the GTX 690...etc

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Or the R9 395x2, like the R9 295x2. It's also called a dual GPU board :P There've been plenty, the 295x2, the Titan Z, the 7990, the GTX 690...etc

didnt know that, although maybe thats because ive never had the money for it

Also, do these run without needing two PCI-E slots? if so then thats really useful because you can save some money from not buying a SLI/crossfire ready motherboard

didnt know that, although maybe thats because ive never had the money for it

Also, do these run without needing two PCI-E slots? if so then thats really useful because you can save some money from not buying a SLI/crossfire ready motherboard

Both GPUs are on the same PCB, therefore use the same single PCIe x16 slot. There's a crossfire chip built into the PCB so I don't think you'd need a crossfire ready motherboard.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats