Snowball vs. Yeti

RyanMacRocks

Thinking about starting a YouTube channel soon, how noticeable is the difference between the Blue Yeti and Snowball Mics? If it is very significant I will spend the extra $60, but saving money is always nice.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

At2020 is better and the yeti has more features and sounds better

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

If you intend on going long term, I'd suggest the Yeti as it simply is more useful in both the consumer and Pro market.

If it's a off and on kind of thing, and you have no intention of putting a ton of time in, the Snowball will do you almost as well as the Yeti.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

AT2020 is better than the Yeti, or just Snowball? I would be open to getting one.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

The Yeti is much more versatile and has moderately better sound quality. If you only intend to use it as a cardioid mic then the better sound quality isn't really worth it and I would suggest the Snowball or something between the Yeti and Snowball in price that would match the Yeti in cardioid quality. If you plan on using the additional pickup patterns, or you at least want the option later down the road, then the Yeti would be your best option.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

AT2020 is better than the Yeti, or just Snowball? I would be open to getting one.

both of the mics its better than both

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

This helped me a lot. 

both of the mics its better than both

Thanks guys, I'll probably grab the AT2020 then.

And young Jonathan lol

This ^^^

I've got one, and have also seen the blue yeti in person, the yeti is fucking massive and ugly, whereas the at2020/at2020usb is compact and looks great.

The at2020 sounds a bit better than the yeti, and significantly better than the snowball, not to mention finding shock mounts and such for it is much much easier than it is for the blue yeti or snowball. (You pretty much have to use the ones sold by blue, which are massive as well)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

This ^^^

I've got one, and have also seen the blue yeti in person, the yeti is fucking massive and ugly, whereas the at2020/at2020usb is compact and looks great.

The at2020 sounds a bit better than the yeti, and significantly better than the snowball, not to mention finding shock mounts and such for it is much much easier than it is for the blue yeti or snowball. (You pretty much have to use the ones sold by blue, which are massive as well)

There around the same, and no there not you can use any off brand shock mount or stand they all fit. Don't know if you can see it but the stand I have for it was literally like $10 bucks so..... Also how do you know the difference if you saw it in person one time, either way there both great I have the Yeti and friend has the AT, I prefer the Yeti but there really about the same so can't go wrong with either.

http://m.imgur.com/cAVy6yS

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

how much you should spend on a mic is up to you but imo I wouldnt spend more then $100 for starting out a YouTube channel. 

Yeti = $75 on amazon (as of 11-29-2015, price can change anytime)

Snowball = $43 on amazon (as of 11-29-2015, price can change anytime)

Now normally I would recommend saving the money and getting the Snowball but the Yeti is only $32 more and imo the features it has over the Snowball are worth it.

Better stand. Its heavy and has a small base and that makes it easier to move close to your mouth.

Headphone monitoring. Always nice to have.

Hardware mic gain. Very nice to have

And if you want to in the future you can add a mic boom and no you dont have to get one made by Blue. Plenty of $10-20 ones that work with the Yeti.

EDIT: I just got the Yeti today and already like it over the ATR2500 I have. Sound quality is very subjective and to my ears they both sound good. But the features that the Yeti have make it better. Though I dont know why I got a the Yeti. Not like I make videos or anything. Just like testing new things I guess. Oh well time to sell the ATR2500 lol

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

There around the same, and no there not you can use any off brand shock mount or stand they all fit. Don't know if you can see it but the stand I have for it was literally like $10 bucks so..... Also how do you know the difference if you saw it in person one time, either way there both great I have the Yeti and friend has the AT, I prefer the Yeti but there really about the same so can't go wrong with either.

http://m.imgur.com/cAVy6yS

I've seen it in person, up close, multiple times, the yeti is massive compared to the at2020usb.

7Nfq6Rr.jpg

DCodoBG.jpg?1

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I've seen it in person, up close, multiple times, the yeti is massive compared to the at2020usb.

7Nfq6Rr.jpg

DCodoBG.jpg?1Well we were talking about sound if you saw them one time don't think you would know the difference and you were talking about the price of the mounts which was completely bogus.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Well we were talking about sound if you saw them one time don't think you would know the difference and you were talking about the price of the mounts which was completely bogus.

A good mount for the at2020 is like $25, the one for the yeti is $40+.

And there's a thing called youtube, I can listen to people using the yeti on there, and I own an at2020usb, so I know what that sounds like.

A good mount for the at2020 is like $25, the one for the yeti is $40+.

And there's a thing called youtube, I can listen to people using the yeti on there, and I own an at2020usb, so I know what that sounds like.

I have a scissor arm that was $10 and the mounts are around $25. Also the mics are almost identical and judging from youtube videos is silly because someone could have different settings or record with different software, or be using a xlr one instead.