Books Anyone?

Starelementpoke

I read all the books only because I tore apart libraries looking for them and bought a few. I also bought all of the special editions and they took up all the space on my shelves until my little cousin took them.

Same except of the special edition part. Unfortunately, my library d

Ready Player One. 

Read it. Was amazing.

nice work for such a boring book. :gets shot

I picked up A Dance with Dragons and everyone told me "It would take you a month at the least!" but I ended up reading it in two and I was sick with a massive migraine. lol

lol that just means you'll find many books you like. That's not a bad thing. :P

Feel like I've heard about that book, what's it about?

It's all good, just keep pushing yourself hahaha.

I only have about 10 reads of that series haha. I've had an e-reader for about 5 years now and while I still prefer physical books, I have well over 300,000 pages worth of books on the thing, and so even when I go into rereading mode (I'm currently re-reading Malazan Book of the Fallen), I no longer have to just go Artemis Fowl -> Harry Potter -> LotR -> Inhertance cycle -> repeat (obviously in each case only the books that were out) like I did as a kid.

Additionally, "The Art of War" with annotations is something everyone should at least check out. Nothing spectacular, but it still isn't long either.

I can't believe I forgot to mention the D'artagnan Romances (Three Musketeers), which contrary to popular opinion today is neither bad nor a children's story...

Finally, I doubt many people here would mention "la commedia divina" (Dante's Divine Comedy). Again in this case annotations are a must, and what translation you get matters a lot, but the Longfellow translation is generally held to be one of the greatest translations ever done into English.

Ikr, except for me it was just Harry Potter over and over. Funny enough my Dad has a copy of "The Art of War" that we bought recently. For some reason, I've never read some of the books that people have just been a given like Lotr, Artemis Fowl, anything from Game of Thrones (Or of Fire and Ice I guess), Divergent, or even Hunger Games. The general premise of the series just never seemed to catch my attention enough as I'm super picky with my books. (Which ends up leading to a lot of by the cover decisions to be honest.)

Ready Player One. 

I heard this was good

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Same except of the special edition part. Unfortunately, my library d

Read it. Was amazing.

Ikr, except for me it was just Harry Potter over and over. Funny enough my Dad has a copy of "The Art of War" that we bought recently. For some reason, I've never read some of the books that people have just been a given like Lotr, Artemis Fowl, anything from Game of Thrones (Or of Fire and Ice I guess), Divergent, or even Hunger Games. The general premise of the series just never seemed to catch my attention enough as I'm super picky with my books. (Which ends up leading to a lot of by the cover decisions to be honest.)

Dance with Dragons is a Song of Ice and Fire book.

If you need a catchy premise world view, then I'd start with Malazan Book of the Fallen, The Silmarillion, The Forgotten Legion, or The Inhertance Cycle.

All have really strong starts.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Dance with Dragons is a Song of Ice and Fire book.

If you need a catchy premise world view, then I'd start with Malazan Book of the Fallen, The Silmarillion, The Forgotten Legion, or The Inhertance Cycle.

All have really strong starts.

Eh, I'm the "If it has magic and or lasers I'll probably like it" kind of person.

Eh, I'm the "If it has magic and or lasers I'll probably like it" kind of person.

Then all of the above (minus The Forgotten Legion, which is still insanely cool TRUST ME) are for you.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I heard this was good

It is. Filled with videogames and 80s(?) pop culture stuff and has great story.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

It is the latest addition to the series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. :P

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Little Brother by Cory Doctorow, and it's sequel. Great read!

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB