Should I buy a 980 NOW or wait?

TheGeeker

I have two 660s in sli and they are not enough for me anymore. Should I get a 980 used or b stock now or wait for the new generation of gpus?

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Ehhh... two 660s in sli are pretty good. Maybe wait one more generation. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Not for my 3 1080p monitors. They cant push 5760 by whatever it is.

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

I have two 660s in sli and they are not enough for me anymore. Should I get a 980 used or b stock now or wait for the new generation of gpus?

Well this is a question you can only answer to yourself. If you upgraded or plan to upgrade in resolution or if you deem you can´t get the settings in games you want, then it might be worth the upgrade.

A GTX980 is a solid choice if you want to go with a nVidia card. As a good alternative right now a R9 390X or the R9 Fury (depending the country you live in) could be a fine choice as well.

If you had higher end GPUs right now I´d probably recommend you tro wait for Pascal but that might be far out for at least another 6-9 months from now. So my recommendation is, if you need more raw computing horse power right now, then buy yourself a GPU right now.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

If you're only gaming at 1080p save some money and get the 970 instead. Pascal won't be around for a while still.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

If you're only gaming at 1080p save some money and get the 970 instead. Pascal won't be around for a while still.

5760 by 1080. 

Not really with some games, I had a pair of 660tis and I went over to the 970 and saw a world of difference in terms of performance. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Not really with some games, I had a pair of 660tis and I went over to the 970 and saw a world of difference in terms of performance. 

but its not too much of a raw performance differance

A friend of mine bought a 2way GTX970 SLI for the monitor setup you have, and he is super happy still today with it. But I´d go with a GTX980 or a R9 Fury because SLI or CF doesn´t work for every game and single GPU to setup in Surround (Eyefinity) is much easier than multi GPUs.

If you have the funds you could also look into the GTX980Ti.

EDIT: Nevermind the GTX980Ti you are looking into a used GTX980.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

SLI scaling isn't perfect still, and games still don't support it, looking at you arkham knight. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500