AMD FX-8350 Vs. Intel Core i5-4460

So after reassessing what all of you said (Sorry, cant specifically quote anyone), If budget didn't matter and I could do an i5-6600k (Cant do an i7-6700k), how would the FX-8350 stack up against the Skylake i5-6600k, and would it be better to go with the i5-6600k?

Yes it would be better, but you would save a lot more by getting a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117316&cm_re=intel_xeon-_-19-117-316-_-Product

cost less than a 4790 & beats the 8350.

Yes it would be better, but you would save a lot more by getting a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117316&cm_re=intel_xeon-_-19-117-316-_-Product

cost less than a 4790 & beats the 8350.

That Xeon is one of the best bang for the buck Intel CPUs, it's basically like an i7-4770 without the iGPU inside. It's great, and it would outperform FX-8350.

@ConiferousJelly do not get 6700k cause it's garbage (not really, but considering its price and current spot on the market, it's garbage), if you wanna spend a lot, 5820k is the way to go, if not, the 4790k/Xeon E3-1231v3 (if you need multithreading) or a simple 4690k should do the trick for you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

As has already been said, stronger single threaded performance and most tasks won't take use of the full 8 cores on the 8350.

Also, upgrading that chip in the future will be basically impossible without upgrading your motherboard, whereas getting the Intel gives you some room to grow! :)

This is not true. The i5 completely wipes any FX series CPU across the board. This is true for an i3 processor which kills any FX series CPU in MOST games.

But can i3 win on DX12 huh.

When lives hand you lemon, suck them hard and post a selfie with it.

But define what do you mean by 'shit', do you mean you can't game with a high-end GPU, in the latest, most demanding games at ultra settings @60FPS+ using a FX processor? Cause I can prove you otherwise immediately... Or that you can't use them for heavier workloads which they excel at, at their price point of course

Exactly my friend i dont know why people are so biased when it comes to gaming between i5 and fx(8xxx).

"THEY DO JUST FINE PEOPLE GET HEAD OUT OF INTELs ASS FOR GOD SAKE''

they even out performes i5 in some games, they can handle any high end graphics card u can throw, they handle any AAA games. I have seen no man complaning about performance in game with these processors and for those who think upgrading from fx8350 or 8320 to i5 will make any diffrence good luck with that. If any thing is upgrade over 8350 it'll be to I7 and u wont even notice mutch of a diffrence on day to day job. People who upgrade from 8350 is because they can they have couple of bucks to spare on there cpu so they do it. So stop being biased and take some real world experience into account instead of reliaying on synthetic number of diffrent benchmarkrs who completly ignore amd cpus and put them on shity setup and motherboards before testing.

And i hope u did't forgot the time when Intel payed some benchmarkers just be biased about there results and the compilers they messed up with.

Exactly my friend i dont know why people are so biased when it comes to gaming between i5 and fx(8xxx).

"THEH DO JUST FINE PEOPLE GET HEAD OUT OF INTELs ASS FOR GOD SAKE''

they even out performes i5 in some games, they can handle any high end graphics card u can throw, they handle any AAA games. I have seen no man complaning about performance in game with these processors and for those who think upgrading from fx8350 or 8320 to i5 will make any diffrence good luck with that. If any thing is upgrade over 8350 it'll be to I7 and u wont even notice mutch of a diffrence on day to day job. People who upgrade from 8350 is because they can they have couple of bucks to spare on there cpu so they do it. So stop being biased and take some real world experience into account instead of reliaying on synthetic number of diffrent benchmarkrs who completly ignore amd cpus and put them on shity setup and motherboards before testing.

And i hope u did't forgot the time when Intel payed some benchmarkers just be biased about there results and the compilers they messed up with.

Lol, you've got no idea how much better an i7 is.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Lol, you've got no idea how much better an i7 is.

dude you've got no idea how mutch better fx(8xxx) cpus are and i sayed day to day task i dont know what it means for u but for me its web browsing, little gaming, watching youtube, killing people in CSGO ;)

and plz stop comparing 150$ and 200$ cpu to 350$ and 400$ cpus.

Of course i7s are the best, Top of the line. It does't mean other cpus are shit and also i7 are for heavy work duty its i5 line what they made for gaming.

dude you've got no idea how mutch better fx(8xxx) cpus are and i sayed day to day task i dont know what it means for u but for me its web browsing, little gaming, watching youtube, killing people in CSGO ;)

and plz stop comparing 150$ and 200$ cpu to 350$ and 400$ cpus.

Ok, I'm just going to chalk you up as a lost cause. Oh and stop pulling the "stop comparing top tier CPU of a different price", the FX 8350 was a flagship when the Sandybridge i7 were around, and those i7 flogged the FX 8350.

PMSL

Ok, I'm just going to chalk you up as a lost cause. Oh and stop pulling the "stop comparing top tier CPU of a different price", the FX 8350 was a flagship when the Sandybridge i7 were around, and those i7 flogged the FX 8350.

Bro i totally agree i7s are the best hands down im not saying anything about i7 or i5 performance its Fx(8xxx) processors im talking about. And also my friend has a same setup as mine but instead of 8320 he got i7 2600 (not k) and every time we compare our fps in games the diffrence is about 2,3 fps hardly infact i get sometimes more fps then he does.

Bro i totally agree i7s are the best hands down im not saying anything about i7 or i5 performance its Fx(8xxx) processors im talking about. And also my friend has a same setup as mine but instead of 8320 he got i7 2600 (not k) and every time we compare our fps in games the diffrence is about 2,3 fps hardly infact i get sometimes more fps then he does.

Even back in 2011 and 2012 an i5 2500K was flogging all of AMD's CPU in games, and not trailing by much in other tasks with multi core optimization.

Edit: And it did those tasks while consuming a lot less power and running a lot cooler.

PMSL

Nevermind bro i get it where ur getting this info and ur sourcess..

Watch this for a change or any youtube channel where they compare fx 8350 against other processors and how well they performed

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4et7kDGSRfc

they'll explain you everything.

Lmfao, if I'd placed a bet about those videos getting posted I'd be $100 richer. Those 2 videos are the only ones like that-all others (plus benchmarks) show them to be false.

PMSL

Lmfao, if I'd placed a bet about those videos getting posted I'd be $100 richer. Those 2 videos are the only ones like that-all others (plus benchmarks) show them to be false.

watch this real world performance.. I think i can live with that kind of performance for the price i pay. In case u miss 4690k was overclocked higher than 8350

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=20QPpIqo-YY

watch this real world performance.. I think i can live with that kind of performance for the price i pay. In case u miss 4690k was overclocked higher than 8350

Here I'll put this in perspective for you.

My 8320 bottlenecks my two 760s in most games.

Most i5s + i7s can handle two 980tis without any sort of bottleneck.

The reason you're seeing only a few FPS differences is due to the fact the CPU is not being punished.

Yes the i5 + i7 costs more, but the 8350 is no where near them when it comes down to overall strength.

blackshades on

The reason you're seeing only a few FPS differences is due to the fact the CPU is not being punished.

Yes the i5 + i7 costs more, but the 8350 is no where near them when it comes down to overall strength.

Firstly FX 8320 bottlenecking 760sli u've got to be kidding me..

Secondly its fx 8xxx what will provide u better overall performace against i5s.

1. cost less

2. Overclocks better

3. More cores does helps in multithreaded apps and games.

4. Performs similar to i5 in games except those who are optimized for less cores but performs better in game which favers more cores.

What more do you want??

Thirdly- stop comparing fx 8350 to i7 its just not fare the only reason u guys keep comparing it against i7 is because its ability to tap into that level of performance in multi-threaded apps and leaving i5 behind.

Im sick of this.. EVERY TIME WHEN FX 8XXX SERIES PERFORM BETTER THEN I5s PEOPLE WILL BRING OUT THERE BEST I7 PROCESSORS FOR COMPARISON JUST TO PROVE THAT ITS A SHITTYY CPU.

It is sooo god damn simple any app or game optimized for fewer core or less than 4 core will faver intel because of its per core performance but the performance diffrence is not that big. But any app or game which uses more than 4 cores thats when amd cpus show what they are capable of with there extra cores.

Some games favers intel some amd cpus.

Firstly FX 8320 bottlenecking 760sli u've got to be kidding me..

Secondly its fx 8xxx what will provide u better overall performace against i5s.

1. cost less

2. Overclocks better

3. More cores does helps in multithreaded apps and games.

4. Performs similar to i5 in games except those who are optimized for less cores but performs better in game which favers more cores.

What more do you want??

Thirdly- stop comparing fx 8350 to i7 its just not fare the only reason u guys keep comparing it against i7 is because its ability to tap into that level of performance in multi-threaded apps and leaving i5 behind.

Im sick of this.. EVERY TIME WHEN FX 8XXX SERIES PERFORM BETTER THEN I5s PEOPLE WILL BRING OUT THERE BEST I7 PROCESSORS FOR COMPARISON JUST TO PROVE THAT ITS A SHITTYY CPU.

It is sooo god damn simple any app or game optimized for fewer core or less than 4 core will faver intel because of its per core performance but the performance diffrence is not that big. But any app or game which uses more than 4 cores thats when amd cpus show what they are capable of with there extra cores.

Some games favers intel some amd cpus.

Yes it bottlenecks my 760s in SLI. 

It costs less for a reason; it's 4 years old, and there are no upgrade paths.

It overclocks almost exactly the same, and uses way more power when doing so.

The 8350 is NOT a true 8-core processor. This is a marketing scheme that I believe AMD was being recently sued over?

It performs no where near the i5. Take a look outside gaming, and heavy gaming.

The i7 is basically an i5 with hyperthreading + cache.

I would suggest researching a little more before you suggest the 4 year old FX line up to anyone.

blackshades on

Hmm, my 8350 @4,5 wasn't bottlenecking my GTX 970 and it isn't bottlenecking my overclocked R9 290X (talking AAA titles here, it would bottleneck in some old games that use 2 threads or whatever, but it's the game that's poorly written here at fault)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Yes i also read that artical where a guy sue AMD for not being 8 core cpu as they claim and even windows os showing 4 core and 8 thred. This happns when people dont have the technical knowlege.

AMD 8xxx cpus use a single L2 cache for pair of core (1 L2 cache for 2 core) where intel uses single L2 cache for its each core. This does't mean that they are not true 8 core cpu.

And for ur price theory cpu being old does't mean it will cost less infact at my place current price of fx 8320 is more then when i brought. And there is no way 8320 can bottleneck ur 760 sli there must be something else ur missing 8320 is a very capable cpu i got a frind who has a 8350 OCed with a 770 in sli (he recently brought a used second hand 770) and he got no prob with it.

Hmm, my 8350 @4,5 wasn't bottlenecking my GTX 970 and it isn't bottlenecking my overclocked R9 290X (talking AAA titles here, it would bottleneck in some old games that use 2 threads or whatever, but it's the game that's poorly written here at fault)

The 8350 needs to be overclocked. Mine is fine at 4.8Ghz with most games. (1.49v haha)

blackshades on

That website's benchmarks aren't to be trusted.

Why is this forum filled with Russophobes? >:c

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

Yes i also read that artical where a guy sue AMD for not being 8 core cpu as they claim and even windows os showing 4 core and 8 thred. This happns when people dont have the technical knowlege.

AMD 8xxx cpus use a single L2 cache for pair of core (1 L2 cache for 2 core) where intel uses single L2 cache for its each core. This does't mean that they are not true 8 core cpu.

And for ur price theory cpu being old does't mean it will cost less infact at my place current price of fx 8320 is more then when i brought. And there is no way 8320 can bottleneck ur 760 sli there must be something else ur missing 8320 is a very capable cpu i got a frind who has a 8350 OCed with a 770 in sli (he recently brought a used second hand 770) and he got no prob with it.

I'd explain further, but I'm using my phone right now.

The last game I played where my 760s were bottlenecked was Black Ops 3. There are no issues with my setup, and my 760s are overclocked with a custom BIOS.I monitored everything, and verified this when pushing my 8320 to 5.0Ghz at 1.52v. I don't know what it is with some people but, the FX series is not a great processor.

Once you start working with the latest gen hardware, you'll understand what I'm saying.

blackshades on

I really like how all the users trying to argue that the FX line is up to intels line all run FX processors.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue anymore. I'm sorry you all own FX processors like me, and have no upgrade room. Getting rid of mine soon!

blackshades on

The main thing I wanted the 8350 was because of the 8 cores but if they cant perform like a quad core intel I would rather go that route.

Thats another point, when I upgrade I wont have to get another mother board, which was a big concern of mine with this budget.

That pushes me even further to an i5, while I am fine with upgrading id rather go with an i5 so that as I mentioned before I dont have to replace the motherboard.

I think I have ruled out an i3, and I will for sure have enough for an i5. In my other thread, I mentioned that I will be going to Micro center to pick out all of my parts. There is when ill decide my parts, and see if there are any out of box products. That is when ill put the rest of my savings towards a GTX 960, as I have had my eye on that.

Thanks everyone for letting me in on your opinions and knowledge. I appreciate it even if I didnt reply, as all of what ive said applies to it all.

-ConiferousJelly

Someone's probably already said this but the 4GB R9 380 is a better card than the 960.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I really like how all the users trying to argue the FX line is up to intels line all run FX processors.

Nobody says it's up to Intel's and @Prysin owned a FX-8 series processor, is on an i7-4790k right now I believe and he would tell you the same, the FX series is just fine even for gaming.

You can't buy a more powerful CPU for the money, it's a fact. Some people want/need that. The fact that they're okay for gaming also helps, but it's the other way 'round imo.

It's like some people claimed that you can't game on a FX which is completely untrue. When people recommend an i3 over the 6300, they never mention that the i3 would need to be upgraded faster cause it's going to be relevant for a shorter period of time (due to it not being powerful enough)

Also, 1,49V @4,8ghz? That's pretty bad if you asked me... Mine is 1.36V @4,5ghz, doesn't even go above 50-52 degrees celsius when under 100% load for extended periods of time