I want to die but im scared of whats happens after

Andrew Storlie

I disagree completely. If someone is thinking of suicide, seeing a joke picture about slitting wrists isn't going to be the push they need, that's silly. Not to mention that habitual cutting and wrist slitting are two completely different things.

And yes, people should make jokes about serious topics. Humor helps people cope. It helps make these tough subjects more approachable.

I'll leave you with a quote:

one push is all it takes.

one push is all it takes.

People are free to do whatever they want, it's none of your business if somebody decides to end his life. Joking about "serious" stuff isn't stupid. Getting offended by those jokes is.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I disagree completely. If someone is thinking of suicide, seeing a joke picture about slitting wrists isn't going to be the push they need, that's silly. Not to mention that habitual cutting and wrist slitting are two completely different things.

And yes, people should make jokes about serious topics. Humor helps people cope. It helps make these tough subjects more approachable.

I'll leave you with a quote:

You need to be careful of what you say. I (accidentally) pushed someone to attempt suicide and they'd be dead right now.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

People are free to do whatever they want, it's none of your business if somebody decides to end his life. Joking about "serious" stuff isn't stupid. Getting offended by those jokes is.

so how would you feel if someone committed after you made a suicide joke?

cause I can tell you it wouldn't be happy.

And I don't know if you knew this or not, if someone tells you they wanna commit it is your business. 

So I also take it joking about rape isn't stupid?

so how would you feel if someone committed after you made a suicide joke?

cause I can tell you it wouldn't be happy.

And I don't know if you knew this or not, if someone tells you they wanna commit it is your business. 

If someone killed himself after I made a joke about suicide, I'd say they were mentally ill and its their fault they didn't seek help. Wouldn't give much of a thought into it honestly, none of my business.

Joking about rape isn't stupid, it's a joke for god's sake. I know a priest personally, and I joked with him about priests raping little children, he loved those jokes.

It depends on the person obviously, but as long as it wasn't someone I care about (and there's very few people I do give a damn about) I wouldn't really respond if they told me for some reason that they want to kill themselves, I would just leave or stop talking to them cause I don't give a crap ;-; It's their life and they can kill themselves if they want to, it's a mental disease after all.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

You need to be careful of what you say. I (accidentally) pushed someone to attempt suicide and they'd be dead right now.

Excuse me for asking, but how does one accidentally push someone to try to take his life? I'll understand if you do not wish to talk about it, so ignore the question then

If someone killed himself after I made a joke about suicide, I'd say they were mentally ill and its their fault they didn't seek help. Wouldn't give much of a thought into it honestly, none of my business.

Joking about rape isn't stupid, it's a joke for god's sake. I know a priest personally, and I joked with him about priests raping little children, he loved those jokes.

It depends on the person obviously, but as long as it wasn't someone I care about (and there's very few people I do give a damn about) I wouldn't really respond if they told me for some reason that they want to kill themselves, I would just leave or stop talking to them cause I don't give a crap ;-; It's their life and they can kill themselves if they want to, it's a mental disease after all.

The problem with those jokes is it kind of glorifies it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Excuse me for asking, but how does one accidentally push someone to try to take his life? I'll understand if you do not wish to talk about it, so ignore the question then

It was something I said that I didn't mean to say.

Don't throw away the only life you got.

If you're wondering what it will be like after you die, just try to imagine what it was like before you were born. Nothing.

The problem with those jokes is it kind of glorifies it.

I also love racist jokes about black people, that doesn't make me a racist, they're just hilarious. reddit.com/r/blackpeopletwitter

It was something I said that I didn't mean to say.

Oh, that's a bummer, hope the said person is okay, I don't understand though how does one fail to suicide, it's easier to kill yourself than people realize

Oh, that's a bummer, hope the said person is okay, I don't understand though how does one fail to suicide, it's easier to kill yourself than people realize

They took an overdose of sleeping pills and got to the hospital in time.

Of course! One should always choose words wisely, but I'm guessing there was more to it than that.

Yes, but It depends on what that joke is. Of course it's stupid if it's something horribly callous towards the victim, but take for example Bill Cosby jokes. They re being used to shame him for his horrible & unspeakable actions. That's totally ok.

This is a true story & a joke about suicide:

My cousin once tried to kill himself by attaching a hose to the tailpipe of the car & leading it into the cabin. He turned the car on & sat there waiting to die. Except nothing happened. It was a prius.

Please know that no matter how hard things are right now, suicide should never be an option. If you are thinking in any way about hurting yourself then please seek help, There's people out there who want to help...

In case you need help you can call: 

1 (800) 273-8255

They took an overdose of sleeping pills and got to the hospital in time.

If I ever got cancer and the doctors could do nothing about it, I'd eventually do the same cause it's the best way to die, going to sleep and never waking up again. I'd just make sure nobody would find me in time.

My cousin once tried to kill himself by attaching a hose to the tailpipe of the car & leading it into the cabin. He turned the car on & sat there waiting to die. Except nothing happened. It was a prius.

You can't be serious, this is like the dumbest idea on the planet.

If I could die right now, in an instant, skipping the 'dying' part cause I'm scared as fuck of it as every logical being, I'd seriously consider it cause all in all, our lives mean nothing and we mean nothing considering how big our universe is.

I'm the same way, they act of dying scares me more than not existing.

I was in a really bad accident years ago, but walked away completely unharmed, even though I had no business doing so. My tire blew out while I was going 70mph in the left lane of a 3-lane highway. I lost control immediately. The car veered across the two right lanes. As my car headed towards the guard-rail I was petrified & all I could think was "Shit, this is it, this is going to hurt bad & I'm going to die". When it impacted, there was the loud pop of another tire exploding & then everything went silent; the engine cut out & the music stopped. I went airborn. As I was flung through the trees all I could hear was the sickening sound of steel bending and glass cracking. Finally, the third (and largest) tree I hit stopped the car dead & the windshield shattered. I sat there for a minute in complete shock. It was mid-day & I was on my daily commute just like any other day. I didn't think I would be staring death in the eye. Finally I got out of the car. I was expecting to be hurt bad. I was over 50 feet in the woods. The car didn't look like a car anymore. None of the airbags had gone off (which was actually a good thing). When the paramedic showed up, he did not believe that I was driving the car. He told me "There's no reason you should be alive right now, let alone unhurt. I've seen crashes at half that speed with multiple fatalities. You've got some reevaluating to do". And I sure did.

Ever since then though I've had bad anxiety, which exacerbated my depression, but I'm just thankful to still be here. When I think about all the things I would have missed, all the people I would never have met & experiences I wouldn't have had if it had ended that day.. It's crazy. Life is always full of surprise & you always have the ability to change yourself & your surroundings. So just enjoy the ride, you only get one ticket.

dont fuking kill yourself.

we need you.

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

You can't be serious, this is like the dumbest idea on the planet.

Dead serious  :D He's ok now, but we all had a good laugh about how dumb it was lol

edit: he was there for like 3 hours too lol

I'm done here.

people make me sick sometimes.

Suicide isn't something you should joke about. One push is all it can take to kill someone.

Death isn't something that you should crave. Pain isn't something you should want.

I cant even right now.

I cant even begin to just...

okay.

I'm done here.

people make me sick sometimes.

Suicide isn't something you should joke about. One push is all it can take to kill someone.

Death isn't something that you should crave. Pain isn't something you should want.

Are you aware that if someone wishes to suicide, he's mentally diseased, right? No animal kills itself cause it hates its life. It's against the laws of nature and is illogical from the basic instincts point of view.

Again, that's only your opinion about the jokes, my buddy was alone with his grandma at the age of seven when she told him she feels unwell and told him to call his parents, she went to sleep and never woke up with only him being next to her in the entire house, he also saw how the paramedics packed her into a black plastic bag, we had a good laugh about it together after he told me the story. The point is, you can and even should joke about anything. I didn't say that you should tell a potential jumper from a building to do several backflips as he jumps from 6th floor (although that would be fucking hilarious), you need to know what kind of jokes to say.

As for the last part, obviously not, that's why it's a mental illness.

While I agree Morgan is being callous, I still think you're missing the point. Take my cousin's story for example; joking about it helped diffuse the situation & take the sting out of it for him and his family. That's the right way to joke about something. The wrong way is 'jokingly' telling someone to 'go kill themselves'. There is a big difference, and the answer to things making us uncomfortable is not to make them go away & not think about them, it's to diffuse them until they don't make us so uncomfortable.

Cheers.

I maybe wrong, but...

Why are you guys assuming this person is suicidal?  There was no mention of suicide in the OP. 

When I was first questioning life and death, I was somewhat curious and "wanted to die".  Just to see/experience it. 

Maybe he is sick and death is assured.  Fear is a natural response to realizing the inevitability of of having no choice but to die.

I think my last thoughts will be:  Shit, shit, shit.

:)

While I agree Morgan is being callous, I still think you're missing the point. Take my cousin's story for example; joking about it helped diffuse the situation & take the sting out of it for him and his family. That's the right way to joke about something. The wrong way is 'jokingly' telling someone to 'go kill themselves'. There is a big difference, and the answer to things making us uncomfortable is not to make them go away & not think about them, it's to diffuse them until they don't make us so uncomfortable.

Cheers.

I explained what I meant more closely in the last post above, read it.

As for your accident, damn man, that's some Die Hard or Mission Impossible shit right there, good that you lived to tell the story!

I wouldn't believe in what the paramedic said though, my dad had an accident on his motorcycle, he hit a car that drove onto his lane while driving over 100 KM/H (it's around 60 miles per hour I believe, not sure though), he flew around 40 meters after he got thrown into the air and landed in the bushes while breaking only the smallest finger in his left hand. After he recovered (had some bruises etc) he went and bought the fastest motorcycle he could, a Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa and rides it up to this day, he also didn't find it as a 'second chance' but just took it as "accidents happen, deal with it and move forward with your life"

There are so many things you can do instead of ending your life... Suicide is a very unattractive away to go OP... If your thinking about it please. PLEASE

Go here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SuicideWatch/

EDIT: Oh and to answer your initial question OP. I have no idea what happens next but if I'm about to die the thoughts going through my head would probably be "Well shit I'm dead". *shrugs*

Don't throw away the only life you got.

If you're wondering what it will be like after you die, just try to imagine what it was like before you were born. Nothing.

Hey... is that Alan Watts I'm sensing?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

snip

Wow! that's pretty nuts! I believe the paramedic simply because it all comes down to luck. For every situation like mine & your father's there are sure to be some on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Wow! that's pretty nuts! I believe the paramedic simply because it all comes down to luck. For every situation like mine & your father's there are sure to be some on the opposite end of the spectrum.

What do you mean by "sure to be some on the opposite end of the spectrum" ? I'm not sure I understand.